IGNORED

Walkers??

TN94z
Note: This thread is 5422 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

For the most part, I will only take a cart if:

-There's a good chance for T-Storms
-I'm playing late in the day/evening and I could get caught in the dark far away from the clubhouse
-Everyone I'm playing with would rather take a cart, I'll hang with them for the companionship

AND only if...

-Carts can scatter, none of that 90 degrees only or cartpath only stuff.

All other times I'll walk, and like most other people have said, I don't find it any slower for the most part, and I find that I play better when I walk. It lets you keep that natural rhythm much better.

If guys in a cart are catching up to a couple guys walking, it probably means there is a group in front of the walkers so the guys in the cart would not be able to play any faster. If you're playing slow, you can let them play through if there is a full hole or more in front of you... otherwise don't feel bad and don't let it bother you. You're playing golf the way the inventors of the game intended.
Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 50 years old now, and still walk. I always enjoy the round a lot more when I walk. I love the time in between shots, enjoying the scenery, the smell, the chance to slow down and just enjoy life.
The only time I ride a cart is when it's included in the green fee, and then I usually walk part of the time.
play4him

Driver: Titleist 905R
3-Wood: Titleist 904F
Hybrid: Titleist 585 19 DegreeIrons: TitleistWedges (PW,Gap,SW,Lob): TitleistPutter: Bettinardi C04

Be careful. After you've been a walker for a while you'll take a look at some of the guys in carts and, just like a righteous ex-smoker, you'll ask yourself "did I really look like that?".

There was mention of a study done recently, possibly in one of the magazines, that indicated that lifelong walker golfers tended to live longer than cart guys---go figure. My experience too is that I've not yet had to play with a jerk who was also walking. Perhaps its the endorphins.

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves." - Will Rogers 1897-1935

I'm 53 and love to walk. On Saturday's I play in a foursome that some walk and some ride; depends on the mix of four guys. I got a Sun Mountain push cart and love it! If we have 2 guys or 3 guys in carts and me walking, we always keep up. We're all mid to low 80's so we keep going and play "ready golf." Ready? Golf.
I make all my own clubs:
Driver: Snake Eyes Python XLD | | 3-Wood: Snake Eyes Python XL Faiway, 15*  | | Snake Eyes HT Iron Set, 3-, 4-Utility, 5-, 6-Hybrid, 7-PW Cavity Back | | Golfsmith G-40 Wedges, 52, 56, 60 | | Distance Master DM-AS2 Putter | |Ball? The last one I found ... that... was YOURS!!

I walk all the time. I also play with others who cart. I never have issues about being slow. I really don't think it is any slower. You pay to play just like everyone else. You can walk and I wouldn't concern yourself with what others think.

Brian

Do which ever makes you play better or makes you feel better. For the most part, walking and riding take just about the same amount of time. There are times when riding is faster, just as there are times when walking is faster.

If I'm golfing with my friends and they all take carts, then I'll ride. Or if I'm ridiculously tired, I'll ride. I enjoy walking more and feel that the game should be played walking. So, I usually walk. Even when I ride, I have to drive the cart (someone flipped one on me, so I like to be in control now). And driving the thing is a bit of a pain sometimes.

My father used to walk, then he started riding due to an injury. The last time we played, he decided to walk and said he liked it better. Just do what you like better. That's all. And don't worry about people behind you as long as you are keeping pace with those in front of you.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

Don't be afraid to walk. I've played walking in three hours and riding, too, so there really is no difference. Plus, when you walk and are having a rough day, you don't have to listen to anyone or speak to anyone, either.

And anytime you can get 5 miles of walking while playing golf on a beautiful day, well, nothing else really beats it.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

46 here and love to walk with a Clic Gear push cart. I get paired with carts all the time and usually I am faster.

It is great walking up to your ball with all you clubs. You can determine the lie and choose the correct club without having to grab half the bag off the cart.

Plus you will sleep like a baby that night

Kelly

www.finescale360.com

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Unless I'm playing with really good players I can almost always play quicker than most people in carts. Walking is great and the way this game was meant to be played. If people don't like you walking, tough...! What is really funny are those days when guys ride in carts and it's a "cart paths only" day. If I walk I play tons faster.

Theres something therapeutic about walking a golf course. The sights, sounds, and smells. I always have more fun if I walk the course. I only rent carts when we have business clients, i'd feel bad asking them to walk the course if they didnt want to.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Well if you hit it in the fairway, no one is going to complain about how slow/fast you walk because you will always be the first to the green.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 weeks later...
I usually ride because I play in Texas where the heat is sometimes a little much, plus my playing partner is still reigning in his swing, so he tends to hit it all over the place. We did walk at a course called Delaware Springs in Burnet, TX. The minute the shop clerk heard we were walking, she radioed the marshall and sounded really pissed. Then we get down to the first tee about 2 minutes early and find 20 golf carts waiting on us with their drivers out. We tee off and each ball was instantly lost so we skipped the first hole. They caught us while we were putting on the 2nd green. We started to skip every other hole and they were still riding us till the turn where we picked up a cart. I have never been treated so terrible at a golf course.

Getting better........

What's in my Cart bag:

983k 10.5* driver, Reg flex graphite 904f 15* fairway wood, Reg flex Graphite Cobra SSI Irons 3-PWTA900 52* wedgeTA588 56* wedgeSeemore FGP2 custom putter w/ a Winn urban camo gripGolf Pride Tour Wrap gripsHome Courses:Horseshoe Bay: Ramrock, ...

As a junior golfer I always walk, have to for h.s. matches/tourney's but i take carts sometimes. i prefer to walk to be honest. gives me time to think through my upcoming shot and "let go" of a bad shot i just hit.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Having just moved to Colorado from Texas I've done nothing but walk the courses so far. The views along the front range are spectacular compared to what I'm used to and it's great to get some exercise and enjoy the low humidity and temperatures.

I used to walk 9 every day in high school and I was used to it. The course we played had some major hills and the walk from 7 up a giant hill to 8 sucked. I usually ride because my regular playing partner doesn't want to walk. When you have 2 people in a cart it is slower because of driving over and dropping off and stuff. It does help get from green to tee faster, though. I like zipping around but get frustrated when the rev limiter on the cart kicks in.

Right now I'm lazy because at work it's not very physical, but wears me out so I don't feel like doing a whole lot at night. Has gotten me out of shape, and I planned on walking the course to get in shape, but havent been able to get out as much as I'd like. I might look into getting a pushcart.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

Walk baby, burn calories burn!!!

In my TerraFirma X Bag
360 Ti 10.5° Driver
FT-i Squareway 15.0° 3w
04 Big Bertha 19.0° 5w
04 Big Bertha 4-9, PW, GW +1/2" Irons Vokey Spin-Milled 56°10° SW C02 Milled 35" Putter Contour Shoes and SofJoy GlovesA mix of NXT and Laddie Xtreme balls

Note: This thread is 5422 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!