IGNORED

pick up your broken tee's...

putput
Note: This thread is 5460 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'll often use a broken tee that's been discarded on par 3s. But I'm also guilty of leaving perfectly good tees around the box.

Ditto... ...

What's In My Stand Bag...
Driver: R9 TP 9.5*
3W: R9 15*
Hybrid: Rescue Dual TP 2H 16*
Irons 3-P: MP-62Wedges: Vokey 52* & 58*Putter: 34" Newport StudioBall: Pro V1x

ive stopped buying tees due to the fact that slobs either leave perfectly good ones on the tee box... or broken ones with enough on them that i can use it for an iron shot on a par3... so my bag is literally stuffed with leftover good ones and the others (broken ones) that i use find their way to the trashcan next to ball washer

Me too. I started using a brush tee with my driver, but the broken off tees work perfect on 3 pars and short 4 pars where I am hitting my hybrid. I do get a little suspicious when I find broken off pink tees around the men's tee.

I did have to throw one (frictionless tee) that I found away because it was bad luck. Just carrying it in my pocket was bad juju. :Points to thread about superstitions:

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This is a minor pet peev of mine. I like it when courses place a small receptical near the teeing area specifically for broken tees. This way everyone is happy. The people who want to reuse a broken tee have one place to go to find the perfect broken tee for them and everyone else has a convenient place to discard their broken tee. A trash can can serve this same purpose (and I always try to throw my broken tees in the trash can if no other receptical is available), but many courses use those conical perforated cans and throwing your tee in there doesn't mean it stays there. At the very least I throw my broken tee off the tee box. I find tees laying around to be something of a visial distraction and I'll always remove any that are laying near where I've teed up.

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

No no.. do not pick up your broken tees. I use em to tee off with irons and fairway woods...

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Two things I really appreciate strangers doing for me on the course: leaving perfectly good balls in easy-to-spot places (fear of snakes?), and leaving useable tee fragments to scavenge. Almost always on a par 3, and often on a par 4 or 5, I will find a broken but serviceable bit of wood.

Now that I'm hitting 3W more often (working on push and hook issues with the big stick) esp. on tighter fairways, those tee fragments are even more appreciated.

Keep up the good work, whoever you are.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Speaking from experience, most maintenance crews don't have the time to pick up all the broken tees from 3 to 5 sets of tees on every hole and the driving range.

I see. I learned something new thanks!

Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

I use plastic tees. Rarely break. I carry one long tee and one short tee in my pocket and I'm good to go.
Driver :Adams Speedline 9032LS 10.5*
Woods:Wilson Staff FYbrid 3W
Hybrids:Wilson Staff FYbrid (wood/hybrid gap)
Hybrids:Ben Hogan Edge CFT 3H & 4H
Irons:King Cobra S9 5I-PWSand Wedge:Cleveland CG12-58*Putter:Ping Redwood AnserBall:Nike Karma/Topflite GamerFavourite Gizmo:Club Caddy

Shoot, at my club I have the exact opposite problem….no broken tees anywhere! I hit quite a few 3-woods and irons off the tee-box and prefer to use broken tees.

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

I use one of my own tees per round for my driver and reuse it. The rest for irons and FWs I just use one I find. And if I find some good ones I'll keep them for later in the round.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

Finding broken tees has never been an issue for me. I'm an old schooler like Lee Trevino.

On Par 3s I simply drop the ball on the tee box and find a nice lie. I don't use a tee. Why worry about how far you hit a club off the ground and from a tee? A ball struck from a tee always flys higher that one struck off the ground. Since I'm used to hitting shots from the fairway already, why use a tee and have a different lie?

The only exception is when I'm between clubs and need a bit more carry, or if I need to hit the ball higher to stop faster. Then I might tee it up slightly. On par 4s where I'm hitting a 3 wood or hybrid off the tee, I usually make a little mound and hit off that.

In my Srixon staff bag:

Driver: Titleist 909D2 8.5 - Grafalloy Epic X
Fairway: Adams RPM LP 13 degree - Grafalloy Epic X
Hybrids: Adams Idea Pro 18 degree - DGSL X100Irons: MacGregor 1025M 3-PW - DG X100SW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54 - DG X100LW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 58 - DG X100Putter...

Not many tees left around the 18 hole I play, the 9 is a muni and much worse though.

I got 50 tee packs before the season started, picked up mutiple packs of different types and lengths. My favourite are some plastic offset tees I got for driving.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Tee's are one of the things I refuse to spend money on. Incidently the other things are shampoo, shower gell and towels (I get my money's worth at hotels).

Really? Incidentally, I'd think one could find better things to make a stand against that would net them more benefit...

Not having to hunt for tees on the box would give you more time to steal towels from hotels. Better yet if you just bought them all you'd be a better smelling individual with more time that dries themselves off with no shame...
In the bag:
905R 9.5° - UST ProForce V2 65R
909F2 15.5° Titleist Diamana 75
909H 19° Titleist Diamana 80
Zing 2 3-PW Vokey SM48.08 @ 51° Vokey SM56.11 Unitized Leo

This a an interesting subject....
I'm originally from the UK, and quite popular there are the predefined height, plastic tees. Which don;t seem to have caught on here in the US where I now reside...Yes I know they are not 'Mower Friendly', however, they also hardly ever break.
I brought a few bags with me when I came over, and I still have loads of 'em left.
I start the round with one of each height in my pocket, and at the end of the round, I take them out of my pocket I put them back in my bag. I hardly ever lose one.
The only wooden Tee I use is for the Driver. Yes they are 'Mower Friendly' but I agree that this seems to just be a reason to think that it's OK to leave the buggers lying all over the Tee Box.

Steve

PS I loved the comment about using a cigarette butt. Never occurred to me to try that, and I am a smoker.
I did once see John Daly use a beer can to tee up his driver though!

R7 460 10.5 Degrees
Sasquatch 15 & 17 Degrees
MP60's 3-PW
T-Zoid Comp EZ Wedges 52 & 56
CG10 60 Degrees Tour Action Reg.588 64 Degrees White Hot #4 E6+ Balls

Speaking of those zero resistance tees, they fly around like crazy for me post shot so often I cannot find them to pick them up! I'm not being lazy or arrogant...

it would make sense yes... but it was just ridiculous, i was actually getting angry about it because its just seems like a very arrogant and lazy thing to do.

Can't say I mind love not having to use my own tees

In The Bag:
Driver: r7 460 (9.5)
Fairway Woods: r7 CGB Max (3,5)
Hybrid:r7 CGB Max
Irons:AP2Wedges:Vokey Spin Milled Tour Chrome (52/8, 56/14, 60/4)Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Balls:Pro V1x 2009

it would make sense yes... but it was just ridiculous, i was actually getting angry about it because its just seems like a very arrogant and lazy thing to do.

The don't work to well here in thexas though, sometimes woodsen tees break going into the ground.

While I said earlier that sont pick up your tees because I still want them, I really like those boxes on the sides of the tee where people put broken tees in. As long as people sue them.
In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

I have to admit, I don't really see the problem. I get more angry when I can't find a broken tee on a par 3.

Amen to that. Of all the things to get mad about..

surprisingly at the main courses I play, broken tees are few and far between...now if people would only fix their ball marks on the greens.

I have lately been using the epoch tees (bio-degradable zero friction), and they are quite durable. I have noticed though that after a few rounds with the same tee it gets warped and bends like crazy making contact seem not as crisp. On the other hand the inconsistent contact could just be a result of my inconsistent swing...

Sasquatch Tour Stand Bag

taylor made R9 460 - 10.5 | taylor made Burner Wood - 15 | callaway BB Heavenwood 3 Hybrid - 20 | nickent 3dx RC 4 Hybrid - 23 |mizuno MX300 5-PW | titleist SM Vokey - 50/54/58 | scotty cameron Fastback - 33'' | titleist NXT Tourhttp://www...

Note: This thread is 5460 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!