IGNORED

Favorite Club?

Note: This thread is 1048 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite club in your set?

• Driver
    • Fairway Wood
    • Hybrid
    • 5-iron
    • 6-iron
    • 7-iron
    • 8-iron
    • 9-iron
    • Wedge
    • Putter

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have two. My first is my 60* lob wedge. It gets me out of all kinds of trouble around the green. The second is my 3 iron. It's the one club in my bag that I can work both ways and hit low under tree limbs! Another club that gets me out of trouble!

In The Bag

Driver R7 SuperQuad 8.5 Xstiff
5 Wd SQ X stiff steel
3-PW RAC LT X stiff 52 dg RAC TP Satin56 dg RAC TP Satin60 dg Vokey Oil CanPutter Cameron Studio Newport

I would say my 4 iron. I can't actually remember hitting a bad 4 iron (and I can vividly remember hitting many bad shots with all my other clubs). Off the tee, in the rough, out of the sand, off the deck, out from the forest, you name it. My best golfing buddy in the world tells me when I absolutely need to hit the shot of my life, hit the 4 iron anywhere no matter if I'm at 210 all the way down to a punch 120...
In My Bag:
Driver: Fusion FT-3 Tour 9.5°, Aldila NV 65 Stiff
3-Wood: PT 906F2, 15°, Aldila NV 75 Stiff
5-Wood: Big Bertha 19°, RCH Firm
Irons: 755, DG S300Wedges: Vokey Design 200 Series 50.08, Spin Milled 54.14, 58.08Putter: Red X2 or Tour Blue TT2Ball: TP Black or Pro V1xHome Courses:...

I love my 54 degree, it was my first degree wedge instead of the standard sand wedge, and I get so much more feel and spin around the green, and I can also hit it from far out and get it high and to stop.
In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

Mine has to be my 3-wood, Srxion XXIO. I hit this between 180-200, but it's always a straight shot. I can't even remember the last time I had a bad shot with this club. The funny thing is that I can hit this club pure from the fairway or rough, but I can't tee it up from the box. I also use this club if I'm 100+ yards, in the woods and/or need a punch shot. I just choke up on the club and close earlier on my follow through.

Driver: r7 9.5*
3 Wood: xxI0
4 Wood: V steel
Irons: i-403
PW: : 56* chrome wedgeSW: 53* tour seriesPutter: scotty cameron Newport twoBalls: ProV-1Bag: Hoofer stand bag

Big Bertha Tu/Ti 5 iron. A friend gave it to for my birthday a few years ago, it was an in shop demo that was mismarked for $10. He liked it so much that he went back to the shop to get one for himself...they fixed the price by the time he went back

I have to admit to loving my 52* gap wedge. I hit it about 75 yards and it is my primary chipping club.

When taking a full swing, sometimes people watching will notice that the grip is on backwards, something I don't plan to change until I need to have it regripped. I just find the reactions that amusing, and I've never hit a bad shot with it in such a way that it was due to misgripping.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7-iron for sure
Hit it around 160m and its always a clean shot.
Cant go past.

In My Bag:

Driver: TM Superquad 10.5 Stiff
3-Wood: None
Hybrid: NoneIrons: Ben Hogan Apex EdgeWedges: Ben Hogan Apex 52* and 56*Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG #1Bag: Ben Hogan BH5 Stand BagBall: Titleist NXT Tour

Used to be 4-iron. I jokingly nicknamed it "the shotmaker" because it was the only club that I actually had any command over, strange enough.

But as my game has changed, I'd say it's a tie between the 9i and PW. I just love those clubs. Normally hit my 9i around 130-135, but lately I've been grabbing it from around 120-125 as well, choking down an inch or so (basically making it PW length with 9i loft) and hitting nice low shots into the green. Same goes for the PW with shorter distances.

• 2 weeks later...
My 7 iron is a club that I really like to hit; however I seem to rely on two clubs over and over again My 56 degree sand iron and the 18 degree hybrid...

darn I miss so many greens short that I count my wedge shots not my putts...

Dale Alsandor

What's in the bag:KZG Gemini 460 with MATRIX stiff shaft (blue)Sonartec NP 15 degree fairway metalSonartec 5 fairway metal 21 degree with MATRIX stiff shaft (blue)Cleveland HALO 19 degree with stock stiff shaftHogan CFT 28 degree hybrid KZG Evolution Irons with Nippon 1050...

Mines definently my Driver (HiBore). Its one club I know I can hit straight and far almost everytime, its a great advantage to start out a hole in the fairway.

In My Bag :

Driver : HiBore XL
3 Wood : Launcher Gold
Hybrid : 3i Halo 22*Irons : CG4 4-PWWedges : 588 DSG RTG 52* CG11 56* / 60*Putter : GM Exchange2 #4Ball : Z-URS

My Purespin 52*. I like it around the green. I like everything from 10 yds to 90 yrds. I've got a nice high shot. A low scooter. I can get the ball to check really well even on short 25-30 yard shots. I don't even get out the SW or the LW in the fairway. Unless I'm in a bunker or have some weird need for the LW they stay in the bag.

In my bag -

MacGregor V-Foil 13º
Lynx Fairway Metal 18º
TM SuperSteel Burner 3-PWSrixon I-201 56ºPurespin Wedges 52º & 60º

My 9 iron is my favorite club. I just feel confident when I have it in my hand. I hit it between 135 and 150 yards and sometimes for chipping.

Driver: Taylor Made RBZ HL
3-Wood:Taylor Made RBZ 16*
Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ 19* and 22*
4i-PW: Titleist AP 1
Wedges: Vokey 54*, 60* Putter: Cameron Squareback 2 Ball: Pro V1x

my favourite club changes every week

one week its great the next it sucks

Driver: Dunlop X-Ti Pro Titanium 10.5*
Woods: Dunlop X-Ti Pro Titanium - Hybrid,3,5
Irons: Dunlop X-Ti - 4,5,6,7,8,9
Wedges: Dunlop Tour Wedges - SW, PW, LW
Putter: Tour Special, Pin Sight 111Ball: Titleist Pro V1

My 3 hybrid. I can hit if from the fairway, the rough and fairway bunkers. I can use it on a Par 3 from 170 to 220 and I use it off the tee on tight fairways or holes where I need to draw. I can also use it for low punch shots under trees. I have been experimenting with using it to chip as well.

I also love my driver. I feel that when I stand over it, I have a great chance to hit a ball in the fairway.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I'm surprised by the number of people responding 60* wedge.

I say 52*. I've had 4-6 of those 60* and they are nothing but trouble. A waste of space.

In My Bag: This week
Driver: Nike square Sumo 10.5
4-Wood: Nike square Sumo 14.5
7 wood Cleveland launcher,
5 utility 19* clevelandIrons: 4-7 Titleist 690mb 8-pw Mizuno MP 33Wedges: Gauge Design GAS II 52* and 58* Putter: Scotty Cameron TE 10 2.5TP Mills or Cameron's or Bettinardi's. let me...

Note: This thread is 1048 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!