IGNORED

Favorite Club?

Note: This thread is 1051 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite club in your set?

• Driver
    • Fairway Wood
    • Hybrid
    • 5-iron
    • 6-iron
    • 7-iron
    • 8-iron
    • 9-iron
    • Wedge
    • Putter

I am always happy when I am in the 270 - 290 range.  I know I can do whatever is necessary with my 3 wood.  Many times I may lay up with a wedge off of the tee to leave myself that distance.

That's some confidence right there. Or sarcasm I can't tell over the internet.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

I am always happy when I am in the 270 - 290 range.  I know I can do whatever is necessary with my 3 wood.  Many times I may lay up with a wedge off of the tee to leave myself that distance.

That's some confidence right there.

Or sarcasm I can't tell over the internet.

I thought this was a great idea!
Nowadays I putt off the tee box and leave myself with a 300 yard driver off the deck approach shot. Normally I can get it to hop and stop to within a couple of yards. :tumble:

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Scotty Cameron Putter. nothing more pure in golf to me than rolling in Titleist Prov1's with my flat stick... The clubs can come and go... Always a new this or that...year after year, but.. The Scotty Cameron is the constant for me..and you use a putter more than any club in your bag, period.

I have a Rocketballz 3 wood I picked up from a friend. I traded him a Snake Eyes 3 wood I bought for $20 and a Wilson Fybrid 4 hybrid I bought for $30 both new. He had played maybe 3 rounds with the RBZ and we had tried each of the clubs on our own and I consistently hit the in the 270+ yard range. It's a normal length stiff shaft adjustable head RBZ 3 and it's easily my favourite club.

My Callaway X-Forged 64* wedge.  I've holed out so many chips and < 60 yrd shots with it, not to mention it's excellent out of bunkers.  Very close second is my Taylormade Daddy Long Legs putters... dual balance putters are great for taller guys like me.

callaway.gif   FT-i driver,  FT 4-wood,  X Utility Prototype 18* hybrid-iron / Big Bertha Diablo 3 & 4  hybrids

Tour Preferred CB 5-PW irons

callaway.gif   X-Forged 52*, X-Forged 56*/58*, X-Forged 64*  wedges  

Daddy Long Legs (38'') putter

:nike:RZN Platinum ball

8- iron because I chip with it, and also it's a nice club anyways

but another favorite club is 56deg lob wedge titleist vokey. Sometimes I use it from sand from tough lies, sometimes I lob with it just for fun and variety's sake.

I'd probably say my 3 Wood. I got a Callaway X Hot 3 Deep because I'm not fond of drivers, which I use off the tee. I've gotten to the point where the distance isn't consistent (I'll hit it anywhere from 150 to 200 yards), but I've got a fairly-consistent trajectory (finishes pretty hard to the right), so I have a reasonable idea of how to aim my shots with it. Meanwhile, with most of my clubs, I don't have the big, late break on shots, but I don't hit them as consistently.

As runners-up, I'd say my old 5 Wood (which I got 11 years ago) and my PW. I use the wood as a second-shot club quite a bit, and it's almost like a 7 Iron. I hit it pretty darned high, with a range of 130-160 yards. The PW, I use for basically everything inside of 75 yards. I've yet to pick a second wedge I actually like (got a 64-degree, but I can't hit it for the life of me), so I've learned to hit my PW pretty well on everything short. Contrary to my late-spring play, I can actually hit out of the sand consistently using the PW, and I'm pretty good at shots inside of 15 yards with it as well.

On the other side of the spectrum, the 4-6 Irons are a nightmare for me. I had a similar issue with my 3H, but I'm getting that under control (it's getting close to replacing my 5W). I have a bad tendency to bend my knees too much on the longer iron shots, which causes me to grab too much ground and get bad shots a lot (especially with the 4). I'm getting better at that, though.

I have a nike 60 degree loft wedge and I love it when I hit it well. Lol I hit my driver and 3 wood the best followed by my 7 iron and loft wedge. But back to why I like the 60 degree. I often find my self 40 - 50 yards from the pin and I don't pitch with any accuracy I often over shoot or severely under shoot the pin.

2 hybrid--not sure about the loft but its an adams idea tech v3---it is my go to club for a lot of situations in a round. i can hit it off the tee if my driver or 3 wood aren't working that day, i can use it to pop the ball out if i am in the trees, i can hit it high enough to stop on a green or use it to get a low running shot along the fairway or if i need to go under trees, and i can hit it straight or hit it with a draw.

i also like my wedges but i can interchange them in most situations so i dont feel like any individual wedge is vital to my day other than if i need to hit a certain didstance

What's in the bag:
Taylormade R15 
Callaway X2Hot pro 3W
Callaway X2Hot pro 20* hybrid
Mizuno JPX900 Tour 4-PW
Cleveland RTX 2.0 50,54, and 58 degree wedges
Taylormade White Smoke putter

My DRIVER: Cobra 10.5 Most consistent club in the bag (avg: 260-300) The next would be 7 iron . Have played with the Amp cell irons for a year now and love every minute of each club . Once I started using the clubs I added at least 20- 30yds of distance to most of the irons. 7 iron is the most versatile club in my bag

Depends which end of the bag.

My 4H is my go to club when I want low risk distance. Off the tee I can crank it out about 200-210y and with very little curvature. It's got enough loft that I can hammer it out of the rough and get decent distance as well. When in doubt, this is the club I grab.

My 56* sees a TON of action. Full swing, pitches, chips, flops and punches. Everywhere around the green it get's the call 80% of the time, the rest of the time is split between the 60* or putt/chipping with an 8 iron.

Close runner ups are my 3W and my 60*.

I hate my 52* and it hates me...

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Until this year a tie between a 5W and a 3W. This year the only thing club in the running for "favorite" is a PW. Slowly getting better with the other clubs but still liable to hit a squirell at any time.

A fee months ago I would have said pitching wedge but now I've all but eliminated my slice I'm loving my new SLDR driver. Whilst I'm a little off being able to hit the fades and draws you guys discuss i am enjoying hitting it straighter and further than I ever have before. Highlight for me was hitting the front right of the green off the tee on a 289 yard hole recently.

:tmade: SLDR Driver 9.5* (Loft Down!:-P) :ping: i20 3 Wood 15* :tmade: Jetspeed 3 Hybrid 19* :tmade: Jetspeed 4 Hybrid 22* :mizuno: JPX-EZ Forged 5 - GW SCOR SW & LW :ping: O-Blade putter

• 5 months later...
Everyone it seems has a go to shot, or a club they hit the best... So simply put, What is your favorite club? Make and Model please... Also if you have a blast from the past favorite you can post that as well...

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Everyone it seems has a go to shot, or a club they hit the best...

So simply put, What is your favorite club? Make and Model please... Also if you have a blast from the past favorite you can post that as well...

Moved your post to this thread.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

The favorite club in my bag right now is a tour Edge Exotics 15 degree three wood. I can hit it on short par 4s and on tight holes. It has the hottest face of any fairway wood I've ever hit and I can hit it straight to keep it in play. It is the club I have the most confidence in the bag.

Orange. Definitely orange!

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Note: This thread is 1051 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!