Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
$2 Nassau

So, what's holding you back...?

49 posts in this topic

What, in your estimation, is the weakest part of your game?

For me, I think my most glaring sore spot is driving the ball consistently. It comes and goes, and currently I'm really in a bad place with my driver and 3 wood.

I'm always scrambling out there, sometimes it's really hard work! I'd like to think it has made other parts of my game better, but that's hardly any consolation.

How about you?

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

With the driver usually. That is getting better though. Next is from 170 yards and farther.

Putting, and converting Up and Downs...

I typically miss 8-10 greens per round and I only convert on 30% of those. So, I'm either not chipping it close enough to the hole, or I'm missing that putt from 5-10 foot range.

It's a goal of mine to get to at least 50% up and down this year, but even half way through with a lot of chipping and putting practice, it hasn't translated on the course yet. However, I was weak with sand saves and I've gotten those to 75% so now if I'm going to miss a green, I'm hoping the ball will find it's way into a bunker.

Consistency. Some days I drive like a pro, but can't putt. Other days, I throw darts with my irons, but can't get off the tee. It's like I have five different swings and only bring one of them on any particular day. One day I shoot in the 50s, others in the low 40s.

I am working on approaching every shot with the thought process that I have that shot and visualizing the perfect shot and releasing tension before pulling the trigger.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Consistency with any club aside from the putter. I haven't been able to fully cure my slice.

I keep stats on my rounds and the metric that has the most impact on my scoring is GIR. The more I get the lower I shoot. The tricky part is that GIR are effected by every aspect of the game (except obviously putting). So it can by my driving holding me back one day, or my wedge play, or mid iron approach shots.

Putting, and converting Up and Downs...

How is your handicap above an 8?? 3 putts? Really big scores? If you hit 9 greens, 3 times get up and down, and on the other 6 holes?

50% of greens is great. 30% u&D; is good too? Just curious.

But for me right now it is the horrid shot. I mean out of play where I have to really play the rest of the hole well to just make a bogey. My iron play is very suspect. I just looked at my stats. I am hitting 27% of greens 38% of fairways.

I am just making too many big numbers. I am making more birdies right now than ever but I am also making more doubles than I used too.

I just can not keep focused.

Long par 3's are the weakest part of my game. Ones that i have to carry 190-200 to be exact. I often bogey Par 3's that play longer than 190 because im inconsistant with my 5,4 irons. Im actually better on par 3's that play longer than 210 because i get to use a full swing with my hyrbid, which i hit pretty well.

Time.

I have only been able to play my own ball 3 times this year. Another 2 times on the course were scrambles. Throw in 4-5 times running out and hitting a quick bucket and that is it for me. Most of you have done more than that in June probably.

I feel like my game is pretty good when I am out there. The more I am able to play in small streches the better I score. I might play on consecutive weekends and the second one is usually always better and I feel like I am improving. Problem is, it might be 3-4 weeks until I play again and I am back to square one.

Putting. last round I had 6 gir and only 2 pars . With a total of 39 putts. I bet some people out there are feeling better about their putting.

DRIVER!

Today i shot +6 (9 holes) with only 13 putts. That is good for me.
But one in 7 drives landed in the fairway. And its odd for me to hit more than 220, and that is if its straight. I hate it, hate it, hate it. But i refuse to abandon it like ive heard so many others do.

Mental... by far.. I've got consistency issues but once a bad hole gets in my round my brain goes into WTF mode and I stop trusting what I've practiced.

With my driver I can hit 8 fairways in a row with pretty draw and then slice one OB on the 9th. It's odd

Consistency with any club aside from the putter. I haven't been able to fully cure my slice.

Same here :(

Greenside bunker play. Things seem to be going ok and then the touch is gone. Then I have to work my@$$ off to get the touch back and I need to re-learn the shot twice a year. Always something different too. Club-head path, stance, ball position, ect...

Long game, short game, sand, and putter. Other than that, I'm good to go!

PUTTING

Its odd because my PPH this year are down from 1.97 to 1.77, but this is almost exclusively due to a massive improvement in my wedge game. I've hit 53 GIR this year and only made 8 of those birdie putts.