IGNORED

Official Thread: 2009 U.S. Open (Bethpage)

Gioguy21
Note: This thread is 5456 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

wow...this is really getting great, seriously. this course has really been playing a lot harder this year so anything can happen along with the open pressure.

also duval is really, really playing well. he's had the breaks against him, but he's playing through. lets go dd.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm rooting for Phil!

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Huge birdie by Duval! He could make it very interesting in the last few holes!

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

• Administrator
Remember the live blog, too: http://thesandtrap.com/pga/2009_us_o...ound_live_blog .

Horrible, horrible break for Hunter Mahan.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Remember the live blog, too:

Yeah, it really was one of the worst I've seen. I mean, he could have had a tap in now he's really far away.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

There's going to be a playoff. The question is, how many?

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

This is truly unbelievable. Imagine is Duval didn't make the TRIPLE bogey earlier in the round? Even if he just held that to a bogey or double. That stroke or two would have been so key...but man has this ended up being so much better than we anticipated earlier in the week.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

FIGJAM MUST birdie this hole! Cant believe he bogeyed 17! I'd like to see a 3 way playoff with Duval, Glover, and FIGJAM. That would be pretty awesome I think.

-  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

I think Glover will win outright now unless he chokes.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

• Administrator
FIGJAM MUST birdie this hole! Cant believe he bogeyed 17! I'd like to see a 3 way playoff with Duval, Glover, and FIGJAM. That would be pretty awesome I think.

I wouldn't. I'm pretty tired of watching golf at this point. I don't really care which of the three wins, but man have I sat on the couch a lot since Thursday.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It's Glover's championship if he gets the distance right on 17.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I wouldn't. I'm pretty tired of watching golf at this point. I don't really care which of the three wins, but man have I sat on the couch a lot since Thursday.

LOL, wish I could say the same! Looks like you're in luck though, barring a big choke by Glover.

-  -  - 

Yeah an 18 hole play-off would seem a crazy idea at this late stage. Glover has it to lose now anyway, couldnt stand watching him for another 18.

Glover lays up off the tee - which will give him the same approach he has hit all week into 18 (not a bad idea), however if he gets a gust of wind or pulls/pushes it with a 6 or 7 iron, he could get into trouble. Barnes is up close - could we see birdie/bogie to force a playoff?

I wonder what odds I can get on Ben Curtis at the British Open...

I might even drop a fiver on Ian Baker Finch

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

I'm glad Glover has enough of a lead. If he had a three footer to win or send Phil and Duval into a playoff there would be so many shouts of "Noonan" from the drunken idiots they'd have to clear the stands.

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

Wow, how did that putt by Barnes not go in? Excellent effort.

-  -  - 

Note: This thread is 5456 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!