IGNORED

Most frustrating thing about golf for you?

deronsizemore
Note: This thread is 5397 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously tons of things frustrate me, but mostly its that I am playing much better golf than I was a year ago or a year and a half ago, and I'm not shooting better scores. To most people that would sound silly but I'm sure as golfers you all know what I'm saying.
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

For me, it's whenever I am having a bad day on the course and after like three balls on the range, I'll found out my problem.

That, and when I play good but don't score well.

A quote from Kris
...is that college bball really isn't "lower tier". The better teams have their rosters filled with guys who could play in the NBA. hell, guys used to come straight from high school to the NBA. I really don't think there's much of a difference skill-wise between the two.

when a putt rims out, that grinds my gears.

My bag
R7 Draw Driver 9.0
Northwestern 3 wood
Texan 3/4 Hybrid 21 Degrees
Big Bertha 04 5-9 Irons Burner XD Wedges AW,SW,LW DFX 3300 Pro V1 & ProV1x Refurbs

Two things

1) When I hit a decent tee shot but cant find the freakin ball!!

2) Two weeks ago I was hitting my irons great and putting like a champ, but could not hit a tee shot or wedge. This past week I am crushing my driver and hitting great wedge shots but now i cant putt or hit an iron. Gotta love it!!

In my N xtreme sport bag

Driver- Hibore XLS
3 Wood- Speed LDF
3 & 4- Insight A2OS Hybrid

5-9- 755's

L,S,Gtom Watson G, S, L

Putter- Karsten Anser

Ball- Whatever

When I hit a decent tee shot but cant find the freakin ball!!

cant agree more. that annoys the hell out of me. also, when i play like a champion one day and everything feels right. my driver is long and straight, and my putting stroke just feels spot on. then the next day its all gone. i dont know what happened, or whats different, but for whatever reason my rhythem and feel is gone and nothing feels right.

In My Ozone Stand Bag:
Driver: Burner 10.5* Stiff
3 Wood: Burner 15* Stiff
Hybrid: Burner 19* Stiff
Irons: Tour Burner 4-GWWedges: CG14 54.12, 58.12Putter: SabertoothBall: TP Back Rangefinder: GX-IHome Course: http://www.strawberryridgegolfcourse.com/

Inconsistency off the tee, primarily. It's not like I want to hit it 250 everytime. At my skill level, I'd be happy with a 180-200 yard drive that gives me a consistent shot at making bogey. But all it takes is one unfortunate tee swing and next thing I know I'm scrambling to save a double.

What's in my bag:

- Cleveland HiBore XL 10.5 degree
- Knockoff 3 and 5 woods
- TaylorMade Burner Oversize Irons, 3-PW- Dynacraft SW- Cleveland 60 deg wedge (perhaps not for long, though)- Odyssey 550 Putter

1. not being able to put a complete game together...
im either bombing drives and duffing my approach shots and vice versa...
getting girs like nothing... then 3-4 putting...
duffing driver and really relying on shortgame...
2. on some days... distance is my enemy...
3. just plain ole inconsistency... one day im puring everything... exact same course the very next day... ppl playing behind me will be wondering why the hell im playing from the back tees
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Inconsistency ... my ability (or lack there of) to put together a par, blow-up hole, par and wonder just what the hell happened. In that vein, as stated above, my inability to put together a complete round. I've had scores on 18 this year that have been 40-48; 41-49 ... and that grinds my gears, big time ...
I make all my own clubs:
Driver: Snake Eyes Python XLD | | 3-Wood: Snake Eyes Python XL Faiway, 15*  | | Snake Eyes HT Iron Set, 3-, 4-Utility, 5-, 6-Hybrid, 7-PW Cavity Back | | Golfsmith G-40 Wedges, 52, 56, 60 | | Distance Master DM-AS2 Putter | |Ball? The last one I found ... that... was YOURS!!

By far inconsistency (left and right). If i draw my first three tee shots the first time I aim down the right hand side and try to play it, here comes the fade (or push)

Hitting my driver.....always an adventure

Driver: R9
Fairway Woods: 07 Burner Rescue
Hybrid: 07 Burner Rescue
Irons: X-16's
Wedges: CG10 Black Pearl 54* Putter: Rossa Fontana

By far inconsistency (left and right). If i draw my first three tee shots the first time I aim down the right hand side and try to play it, here comes the fade (or push)

This reminds me of a funny story: The first time Sergio ever played Firestone, they asked him about the course. Sergio replied, "It's a tough course; some holes you have to draw the ball, other times a fade and some times, just a straight shot is needed."

I thought, "What's so hard about that ? I do that all the time!! I just don't know which one will show up when!!" HAHAHAHAHA
I make all my own clubs:
Driver: Snake Eyes Python XLD | | 3-Wood: Snake Eyes Python XL Faiway, 15*  | | Snake Eyes HT Iron Set, 3-, 4-Utility, 5-, 6-Hybrid, 7-PW Cavity Back | | Golfsmith G-40 Wedges, 52, 56, 60 | | Distance Master DM-AS2 Putter | |Ball? The last one I found ... that... was YOURS!!

oh man... that reminds me of my round last week...
first 3 holes im slicing the crap outta my teeshots and woods...
got to the fourth teebox and aimed way left pointing it directly at the water...
knowing for a fact im going to slice a fat one right onto the fw...
guess what happens?
yup... i hit the straightest ever shot to that point in the round... frustrating
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Note: This thread is 5397 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!