IGNORED

Most frustrating thing about golf for you?

deronsizemore
Note: This thread is 5403 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

When my alignment or set-up gets messed up and it takes me all day to realize it.

But I don't even really mind it that much. This game would lose a whole lot of its appeal if there weren't so many of these things to frustrate and challenge us.
Scott T

G5 9° V2 75 X / 909F2 15.5° V2 85 X / 909H 19° V2 100 X / MP-33 #3-PW X100 / X-Forged Chrome 54.15 60.10 X100 / FGP Black 34" / Penta TP

Handicap is a guess because I haven't established one yet.Best score so far is a 71 on a 6,509 yard 70.3/121 par 72 muni, during a glorious...

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate it when I cant get my tee shots to go straight or at least stay reasonably close to the fairway, especially if its a tree lined course and your tee shot goes close to a tree and cant get a clear 2nd shot to the green because you're under or in front of a tree and have to kind of punch it out to the fairway and hope you can still get bogey. Sometimes I'll get daring and try to hit it through, just take more club knowing I'm going to clip a branch or 2 and sometimes can get away with it, thats where I love my hybrid clubs, they're just easier to hit out of awkward spots like that. I also hate when my irons cant seem to find the target, I know at my skill level I wont get a majority of gir, but I at least want to be close enough to chip on and have a chance at par, thats all I ask for on any hole, I want to at least have a putt for par at a reasonable distance, anything inside of 20 ft is fine, sometimes I get lucky and make those, and I've gotten pretty good at the 5-6 footers. At my skill level bogey is an acceptable score and par is great.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

For me it's definately not being able to hook the ball when needed with the driver. Can do it with every club in the bag and on the range with the driver but i guess the whole mentallity of hooking it on the course messes me up the most.
Bag- Orig. 14 Stadium Tour
Driver- R7 limited 9.5*
3 Wood- R7
5 Wood-Viper Tour
Irons- X18/X22 ToursWedges- 52*/ 56* SandPutter- Hamilton f2 series BladeBall- Pro V1Glove-

Two things

For me, this is a huge one. Also, as a corrilary, its when pace of play/practicality interferes with legitimate scoring. For example, When I hit a good drive and can't find it, I stand where I think the ball was and throw the ball backwards into a similar lie, maybe 20 yards behind where I think it actually was. I think that's "fair" but certianly not in the rules. When I end up with a good score on a day where I had to do something like that, I stew about it the whole way home, knowing the score is not legit.

Playing your best ball striking round of the year, and 3 putting all day... I'm still fuming.

In my bag

Driver: J33r 10.5º - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue
Fairway: 600T 5w, 7w
Irons: Golfsmith Tour Cavity 4-PW/AW/SW/LWPutter: Victoria IIBall: B330-RXGlove: WetherSofShoes: DryJoys

Getting my brain to shut up during address.

9015D 9.5* w/Harrison Saga 60-S
S9-1F 15.5* w/Aldila NVS - S
Idea Tech A4 19* and 21* Hybrids w/Mitsubishi JavlnHX - S
Idea Tech A4 5-PW w/True Temper Dynamic Gold SL -S300
Tom Watson Wedges 50*, 56* and 60* Antigua 33" or BC1 33" TP Red LDP

My problem is that as far as my talent goes I should be much better than I am. Its mental errors and not thinking more about my shots that leads me to my high handicap.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

My problem is that as far as my talent goes I should be much better than I am. Its mental errors and not thinking more about my shots that leads me to my high handicap.

I think we are on the same train.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I get to play once every two weeks or so (if I'm lucky) during the season (April - October) here in Jersey. The days I know I'm going to play, I try to hit the range the night before... just to get my swing back, etc.

I HATE... HATE when I kill the ball on the range that night... and I dream of a great round, and then I end up going off with 8, 6, 8 to open my round.

I don't like to go to the course not having an idea of what my ball will do... but sometimes I feel like it may be best just to putt that morning and then let my ball go where it will off the tee.

Frustrating...

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

inches... literally inches...
believing you hit the perfect shot and be off by inches...
hitting a perfect fade exactly the way the hole sets up but hitting an overhang that doesnt come into play on the teebox just in front of yours...
firing dead at the pin and catching a ridge by inches seeing it trickle down way away from the hole...
putting the 'perfect' line and speed only for the ball to take a quick peek inside and not like what it sees...
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Good Topic!

I can relate to so many of the things written here. For me it's not knowing why one shot is really good and solid, and the next one, feels no different but doesn't produce any kind of result.

That and lost balls that my playing partners and I have watched land in the fairway, and when you get there are just gone. I hate looking for golf balls after a good or reasonable shot.

Driver - Mizuno MX700
3W - Mizuno MX700
3H - Mizuno MX700
4I - 60◦ - Mizuno MX200
Putter - Fazer Tour Touch IIIHandicap: - Lack of talent

When I hit really good with my Irons but can't chip.... so I practice chipping....then I chip well, but can't hit Irons... then I get really good drives and can't hit anything else.....

...and putting.

how every time there is one part of my game that is missing. one day its putting one day its tee shots one day its chipping etc..

and my most frustrating, probably because it happens to me so often, is having a birdie putt then 3 putting for bogey

In My 2007 ogio.gif Edge Bag:
taylormade.gif07 Burner 9.5* S Driver
taylormade.gif08 Burner 3 wood
taylormade.gifRAC OS Irons 4-PW
vokey.gif56* Wedge taylormade.gifrac 60* satin wedgeodyssey.gifWhite Hot Tour #1Started playing January 2009, best round thus far: 82

1) You can never master this game, irons are solid but putting bad.

2) dedication of time, 4+ hours to play a round of golf. To get and maintain your good play you need to spend time and effort to maintain and try to improve.

3) Money, golf can become expensive. greens fees, equipment, balls, gloves clubs, clothing, etc

4) The rich family kids are better golfer because they have access to country clubs and year round play.

5) putting back to back great rounds together, you shoot a career low round and wake up at the crack of dawn in the next day and shoot 10+ strokes higher

6) knowing you can pull off a shot, putt but unable to execute the shot or putt

7) Wanting to play everyday and unable to financially and because of responsiblities

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I know that on the course my tempo is my biggest frustration. Hit wiffel balls at home with amazing regularity.(for me anyway ;) ) but lose all timing when it really counts.
I play alone alot because I play when I can get to the course. So when a group of blue haired old gals shooting off of the reg. tees chases me around the course I REALLY lose my tempo (temper ?)
Making just enough good shots to keep me from tossing the whole bag in to the stinking lake.
Frustrating

DRIVER: SIEGE Clone 10.5º @ 45" 460cc
#1 WOOD "ACCUZONE" 9.5º @44 1/4" ALDILA VX Intermediate
#3 WOOD "ACCUZONE" 13º @43 1/4" ALDILA VX Intermediate
2-9,PW,SW IRONS "TOUR MODEL II" Black Dot TRUE TEMPER Dynamic
(3I @38 1/2" - 9I @35 1/2")RESCUE/HYB "THE GREAT ESCAPE" (SG tm) 24º @41 1/4"

I know what you mean, i missed a birdie on a short par 5 recently by one revolution of the ball, had about a 12 ft put for birdie had it read perfectly but just "missed it by that much" as that guy on get smart would say. I dont get many birdies and that was the closest birdie putt ive had for a while, the last one I made probably about a month earlier was pure luck, putting downhill from the fringe and it rolled in, if i had missed it, it would have rolled 10 ft past the hole, maybe more and would have gotten bogey.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

Waiting around is the most frustrating thing for me. It kills my concentration. Ballstriking comes and goes, nobody is ever going to hit the ball like they imagine all of the time. Ive learned to accept that.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Note: This thread is 5403 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!