IGNORED

Blade Putter vs. Mallet Putter

Note: This thread is 5414 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Cleveland Classics. $80, feel great.

+1

I got the Cleveland Classic #1, and love it!

In my X-Series Bag:

Driver G10 10.5*
Woods V-Steel 3W, 5W
Hybrids Pinemeadow ZR1 19* 3HIrons MX-19 4-GWWedge MP-R Black Nickel 54/10Putter Rossa Sebring AGSI+

There are heaps of good blades out there for much less than Cameron prices. Like others have said Ping is a good bet, check out Rife (I got mine used for $50) and Yes! putters which have groove technology that get the ball rolling faster, Odyssey have some nice blades in their product line. The best thing to do would be to go and try out as many as you can and pick the one you like best.

Are those putters that are a little extended out in a circle behind the club, like the Cleveland Classic #2, are those blade or mallets? I'd think they are like the hybrid of the putting world haha. But I sorta like the look of those, sort of classic feeling to it.

In the carry bag:
'07 Burner 10.5 Driver (S Flex)
Hyper X 5 Wood
J33CB 4-PW Irons (S Flex)
Vokey 54-10 Spin Milled Watson 08 60 Lob Wedge G5i Blade

That's a common misconception.

Yep - I just picked up a Rife Abaco, which is more mallet than blade, and that design is a heel-toe weighted. It fits an arc stroke much more naturally than a straight-back-straight-through.

IMHO, with putters, its all about how much you "like" your putter. That will give you confidence, and confidence will certainly help your putting. Just my .02¢

WTIB:
Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5° Scads of shafts - now: Kai'li 63 stiff
Tour Edge Exotics 3 & 5 FW
Callaway X-22 Tour irons
Bobby Jones 3 & 4 hybridsRife Abaco/Odyessy Black Series i9 puttersWith a few more hangin' around

Can I get some Blade putter recommendations? Anything but Scottys, don't have enough money for them.

Heavy Putter C2-DF. I got one for 40 bucks and love the feel. It has the classic blade look, and I could not be happier

You guys are probably going to go ohhhh noooo boooooo but...

I use the Detour and I love it. I've been using it for 2 years now and putting is one of my strong suits.

In my tour bag:
Driver: FT-IQ
Fairway Wood: Big Bertha 3W
Irons: Big Bertha Fusion 3-PW
Wedge: Forged+ SWPutter: DetourBall: TP BurnerConsidering an adams a4OS hybrid? Opinions?

Is there really much of a difference? Or is it down to the person? I have a nike ignite mallet, but I'm thinking of selling it to my dad and buying a blade. I just decided I like the feel of blade putters more. Is there any reason or is it just a person's feel?

I think it's mostly personal - I would look at two things after look and feel: 1) how's your distance control, can you put it within 2 feet of the hole from 30+ feet consistently and 2) how confident does it make you feel from 3 to 5 feet? Finding all of those things, look, feel, 1 and 2 can take many moons but when you find it you won't remember how difficult it was to get there. Once you find a putter don't let it go or talk yourself into another one. Good luck!

Driver: Ping Rapture V2 9° TFS Stiff | 3 wood: Exotics CB 15° Fujikura HL Stiff | Hybrids: Adams Idea Tech V3 16° Stiff, TM Burner Rescue 19° & 22° REAX Stiff | Irons: Titleist 735.CM DG S300 5-PW | Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 254.10, 258.08 | Putter: Rossa Imola 34"

You guys are probably going to go ohhhh noooo boooooo but...

Detours are sick dude. I think they feel pretty nice to be honest.

x86 Bag
909D2 9.5*
Rescue Mid Hybrid 4
AP2 Irons 3-PW
TP 54* Vokey: SM 60* Circa 62 #1 Pro V1x Balls

Are those putters that are a little extended out in a circle behind the club, like the Cleveland Classic #2, are those blade or mallets? I'd think they are like the hybrid of the putting world haha. But I sorta like the look of those, sort of classic feeling to it.

The #2 is a heel shafted putter, which helps close the face of the putter because all of the weight is in front of the shaft. Some call it a mid-mallet, but to me it has the feel of a blade. Very similar to the Odyssey White Hot #9, but without the insert.

CG Classics #2 Odyssey White Hot #9

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

Eh I think I've decided to get the White Hot Tour #1

In the carry bag:
'07 Burner 10.5 Driver (S Flex)
Hyper X 5 Wood
J33CB 4-PW Irons (S Flex)
Vokey 54-10 Spin Milled Watson 08 60 Lob Wedge G5i Blade

Note: This thread is 5414 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!