IGNORED

Best Ball for Mid, Mid-High Handicappers

Note: This thread is 2924 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer PRO V1s because they are responsive on and around the green ie where more than half of your shots are played

you must be either crazy

or rich to play pro-v1s with a 27 HC. Im a 22 and lose about 2-3 per round and that can get costly gaming some Nike PD softs

WITB:

• Driver: Titleist TSR3 8.0 A3, Badazz 60g S
  • Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 17*
  • Irons: T200 P-4
  • Wedges: Callaway X Forged 48*,56*,60*
  • Putter: Ping Anser Milled 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've tried a lot of the "midrange" balls out there, and really like the Srixon AD333. I also like the Bridgestone e6 or e7, but need to evaluate when the weather warms up a bit. I've tried the Srixon Trispeed and it's a good ball as well, seems to have a lot of spin around the green compared to other inexpensive balls.

Driver: i15 8* UST Axivcore Red 69S
3w: CB1 15* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum 75s
5w: G10 18.5* UST V2 HL
3h: HiFli CLK 20* UST V2 Hybrid
4h: 3DX 23* UST V2 Hybrid5i-pw: MX-23 TT Dynalite Gold S300GW/SW: RAC 52*and 56*Putter: SabertoothBag: KingPin

I only buy used 4A or 5A balls at Lostballs.com, that way I can afford to buy $45 balls for 15-25 per dozen, and most of them look brand new.
I JUST ordered 3 DZ AAAA 08 V1's for $50 delivered to my house, that's 36 balls which will look either new or pretty darn close, delivered to my house for less than 1 Dozen new balls that I would have to waste gas to get, all the while having some vulture salesman storm up to me the minute I walk in the store.

I'll never buy new again unless for some stupid reason I run out ahead of time, and if that were to happen, have other balls that I normally don't play that will tie me over.

Everyone is different, I have NP at all using used balls that are in brand new condition(or darn close to).

Top flight Gamer or the D2 Feel...

These are balls are the best value in golf...ask Golf Digest.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Gamer for 3-piece but at less than $10/box I prefer the Nike PD Softs; just bought a gross off Ebay for $110 + shipping.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

i actually use recycled balls i am currently trying to figure which combination is best callaway,nike, and/or titlest
DriverMonster Hi-Bore XLS/w Mintsubishi Diamana Fit-On M Gold Stiff 55g
Woods906F4 3 Wood/w Aldila VS Proto Fairway Stiff 80g
Hybrid3dx red 20 and 23 degree
Irons3dx red 5-pw
Wedgesharmonized sand wedge 56 degree loft and harmonize lob wedge 60 degree loftPutterWhite Hot XG SabertoothBallNoddle or ...

I played Gamers this weekend, and they are crazy sticky to the greens, but the get beaten up pretty badly though. I also played my regular Tri-speeds, and quite frankly these two were right there. The Tri-speeds are much more durable, but the gamers do stick to the green much stronger, without much side spin off the driver.

I would like to play the tri-speed tour and compare...I think that would be a closer comparison, but the quality of the v2 gamer is anything like the current gamer, these balls may actually becomes useless far before I loose them!

Bottom line for the price, the gamers are a great ball.
It's the indian, not the arrow! But it sure is nice to have good arrows!!!!!

Driver : r7 Limited 9.5* Matrix Ozik X-Con 5.5 (Reg) | Fairway: 906F4 15.5* (Reg) | Hybrids: DWS Baffler 3/R 20* (Reg) & Baffler Rail H 4-H 22* (Reg) | Irons: AP1 5-G (Reg) | Wedges: SW - SM56-10 & LW - SM60-04 | Putter:.....

tp reds/black--i've been using the reds since i was about a 15. soft feeling but spin and distance comparable to prov1x. both balls are similar in distance, just depends on the individual's preference

oh yeah, and they are cheap these days with the penta's out..25 bucks or less everywhere.

in my bag:

Driver: '08 Cobra F Speed LD 10.5 w/UST Proforce V2 Tour Flight stiff

Fairway: Adams Speedline Fast10 3-wood w/Aldila Wasabi stiff
Hybrid: Nickent 3dx 3H
Irons: Nike CCI forged 4-pw Wedges: Nike Victory Red 52 56 60 Putter: Rife Mr. Beasley Balls: Bridgestone B330-RX Tees: epoch

I play the Top Flite Gamers. They now have the Gamer V2, which is a little bit more durable than the original Gamer, so you may find the older version of the Gamer cheaper.
In My cleveland.gif Executive Cart Bag:
Driver: taylormade.gifTour Burner 10.5* | cleveland.gifHiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Woods: cleveland.gifLauncher Comp 3W | Hibore 2i Hybrid
Irons: mizuno.gifMP-60 3-PW | cleveland.gifCG4 Tour 3-PW | Wedges: cleveland.gifCG10 56* and 60*
Putter: odyssey.gifWhite Hot XG #9 | bushnell.gifPinseeker Medalist Rangefinder | First Coast Golf Courses

guess it depends on your motivation. if your goal is to get better, chucking $4 balls into the water will motivate you to avoid hazards and improve your game. after come back to golf after not playing for about 5 years I started playing NXT's until I get my game in order. They are only $26 and they preform well.

Driver - FT-iQ
4 Wood - G10
Irons - MX-200
Wedges - 52,56,60
Putter - Bettinardi Ball - ProV1Bag - HooferMy Course - Magnolia Creek Golf Links

Ive heard the Bridgestone e6 recommended several times. Ill have to give them a try. I like the HX balls by Calloway too. They are just under $30. Nike Karma II balls are on sale at TGW right now for $12.88. Thats a great deal.

Driver FT-i
3 Wood: C455
Hybrid Burner Rescue
Irons CPR
Wedges SV TourPutter TPI 25

I'll put my vote in for the Topflight Gamer as well. I just started using them about a week ago and really like my experience so far. I got tired of shanking Pro-V1s into the woods so I decided it was time for a downgrade while I work on developing a better swing. The ball rolls out more on chip shots but other than that, I like what they do. For the price, it's a solid golf ball and I plan on continuing to use these for the foreseeable future.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Add me to the Top Flite Gamer bandwagon!

I have used several different mid-priced balls and the Gamer continues to be my favorite and ball of choice.

I have Gamers and Noodle Long and Soft in my bag, and those two are the balls that stand out for a player that isnt able to find every single ball he hits!
In my bag
Machspeed 9.5 Stiff
CrossBax 5 wood
Idea Tech 19* Hybrid
a3 22* Hybrid Slingshot 4D Graphite 5-AW Burner XD 56* & 60* Wedge Callie Putter e6+Home Course: www.dogwoodtracegolf.com

I have received samples of the following:

Bridgestone e6
Bridgestone e5
Srixon Trispeed
Srixon Trispeed tour
Wilson FG
Maxfli Tour LC

and the winner is........

Srixon Trispeed .........cause they play just like the Bridgestone e6 and you can get them at Dick's right now 2 dozen for $30!

I like the new Maxfli Tour LC, for distance and green control, but they ain't cheap.....@ $43/dozen....got my first dozen with $20 Dicks reward points so they only cost me $20/dozen, plus I got a promotional 6 pack free.

Note: This thread is 2924 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!