IGNORED

You're opinion on "high tech" tees

Note: This thread is 5372 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

do you guys buy into the "technology" of the Brush-T or the Zero Friction or Stinger tees or do you prefer a regular good-old wooden tee?

In My Ozone Stand Bag:
Driver: Burner 10.5* Stiff
3 Wood: Burner 15* Stiff
Hybrid: Burner 19* Stiff
Irons: Tour Burner 4-GWWedges: CG14 54.12, 58.12Putter: SabertoothBall: TP Back Rangefinder: GX-IHome Course: http://www.strawberryridgegolfcourse.com/

I use the zero friction tees, but only because they dont break. I can go a whole round with only one tee, with old wooden tees I go through like 12.

"The cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing." - Oscar Wilde

Wooden tee. Any pros use the new fangled Tees?

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

I use the zero friction tees, but only because they dont break. I can go a whole round with only one tee, with old wooden tees I go through like 12.

Same here, and Kenny Perry (amongst others) uses the Zero Frictions.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

Definetly not the brush tee. It just feels weird. The stinger and zero tees I would use, but I would not pay extra money for them.

Sasquatch 460 10.5
X 3 wood
X 4H
X-22's 5-PW
X Forged 52, 58 Black Series #1 Tour i X Series stand bag

P.T. Barnum said it best.......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Right now I'm just using any 3-1/4 inch wood tees as well as the white ones with the blue stripe to show hw high to tee it up. Maybe next time I'll get the zero friction ones if they don't break. A good tip I use at the range is to cut off 1 long tee so there's only like 1/8 inch in the ground each shot, and you won't keep breaking your good tees at the range.

In my White/Red/Yellow Monza Featherweight Stand Bag:
Driver: 07 Burner 9.5* stiff
3 Wood: 07 Burner 15* stiff
5 Wood: 07 Burner 18* stiff
Irons 4-AW: r7 steel shaft stiffWedges: RAC Satin 56*, 60*Putter: Rossa Daytona 35 InchBall: Bridgestone e7+, Titleist Pro V1Shoes: D3000Glove: ...

I like them cause they don't break as easily. There's no way they really affect the shot. I always use broken ones I find when I hit anything other than driver or 3w.

Driver: Callaway X460 Tour
3 Wood: Callaway X
Hybrid: Adams A3
Irons: X20 Tour 4-PW
Wedges: X-Forged 50, 54 & 58

Same reason I use them here

What's In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11s 9* w/ Fujikura Motore F1
3 Wood: TaylorMade R11s w/ Mitsubishi Fubuki 
Irons: Taylormade R11
Wedges: Titleist SM4 Vokey 52.08, 56.11, 60.04 
Putter: Odyssey Metal-X #9
Ball: Taylormade Penta TP5

• Administrator
P.T. Barnum said it best.......

That's only if you use them because you think they give you yardage.

If you use them because they end up being cheaper, well, a fool that's born every minute and his money are soon parted... on wooden tees!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Callaway "unbreakable" tees. I like them and have been using just two tees for the past month. Today I broke the 1" tee with a 5 iron. Back to using broken tees for iron tee boxes. The tip of these tees also cleans grooves really well.

I use the Zero friction tees for my Driver or woods but wood for my irons.The zero friction tees last me for weeks without breaking one.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

I play 3 times a week and have not broken 2 tees all year.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

Same with me. I usually use 5-8 wooden tees per round, if I were to play all 18 with wooden.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Zero friction for the drives, and wooden for the irons. The only time i use a brush tee is if i go to the range and find one.

Note: This thread is 5372 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!