IGNORED

Just ranting, #*$% Golf...

sp33d

Why is this game so cruel?

So I go golfing today with my normal golf buddy my cousin, its a beautiful day. Sun is out mid 80's and I left work early to get some practice in. All I did for practice was chip and putt but man I was tearing it up. I holed 10 shots from 30ish yards. Im thinking damn today is my day.

So we tee off, dog leg right par 4. I pull out my 3 wood and just crush it 250 plus. I got exactly 100 yards to the front of the green pull my 52* out and nail it in 8' from the flag (god this is my day!) I proceed to 3 putt...

It gets worse and worse as the round goes on, I didn't have 1 par. Seriously my god I wanted to sell my clubs to the first person with cash.

I shot a 49, didnt even bother making the turn I went right to the club house and started drinking. I havent shot this bad for years. This coming from posting a 36, 38 and a 37 the last 3 times I've played. So my chipping while I was playing was terrible, my driving was terrible (I skyed like 5 balls and almost took out a little bi-plane, laugh... but I'm serious) the basics is everything was horrible.

On a better note on the 8th hole a baby deer ran up to us, still had its spots. I wanted to take it home. Oh and they were out of mikes hard lemonaid, all they had was cranberry, but it is rather tasty, but I felt lesser of a man drinking it.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

That's golf for ya. If its any help, we've all had days like that as well. Remember though, it beats work!

On a side note, how does green finder with your blackberry work? how much does it cost?

Lefty Golfer!
In my light stand bag:
R7 Limited Driver 9.5* Matrix Ozik xcon 5.5 Stiff Shaft
A3os 3 (19*) and 4 (22*) Hybrids Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff shafts
X-22's 5-AW Regular Flex Uniflex Steel Shafts X-Forged SW 56* & LW 60* 35" Studio Stainless Newport 2.5 ('04 version) with a...

Green finder is like 30 a year

Yeah I know mikes is gross, but I hate domestic "light" beer and that's all they had. Might as well drink water

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*

Green finder is like 30 a year

does it work well? worth the cash?

Lefty Golfer!
In my light stand bag:
R7 Limited Driver 9.5* Matrix Ozik xcon 5.5 Stiff Shaft
A3os 3 (19*) and 4 (22*) Hybrids Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff shafts
X-22's 5-AW Regular Flex Uniflex Steel Shafts X-Forged SW 56* & LW 60* 35" Studio Stainless Newport 2.5 ('04 version) with a...

Yeah I know mikes is gross, but I hate domestic "light" beer and that's all they had. Might as well drink water

I'd rather drink water than mikes!

But I know how you feel about golf. I shot 36 on the front 9 today and 45 on the back. How the eff does that happen?

My Bag:
Driver: R11

Irons: Titliest MB

Wedge: vokey
Putter: rosa

Balls: whatever I can find

does it work well? worth the cash?

I like it, its pretty nice I would say its worth the money.

Yeah I'm pretty disgruntled with my self, hating golf right now. I will redeem my self this weekend!

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*

You always shoot 3 bad rounds in your life. If you shoot a forth, it's the beginning of a new series of 3.

I laughed, haha.

Driver Cleveland HiBORE XLS 9.5°

Hybrid 3I Adams A7

Irons 3-PW Wilson Air Power

Wedges Cleveland CG10 52° Chrome, Cleveland Reg. 588 56° Chrome, Cleveland Reg. 588 60° Gunmetal

Putter Cleveland Classic #3

Best Score 80 (+8) - July 22, 2011 @ Highland Woods Golf Course (Blue Tees - 71.7/122)

• 13 years later...

No rants for 13 years? WTF? I’ve got one. Im so f****** tired of every drill I try to do resulting in a shank. Yeah, yeah do it slow. FFS that just results in a 2yd shank! I’m just sick of it. ‘Don’t worry about the shot, focus on the move you’re trying to make.’ F*** that. It’s a shank when I do it right. Why no pulls or slices? Always a GD shank. Just absolutely fed up.

• Funny 2

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

No rants for 13 years? WTF? I’ve got one. Im so f****** tired of every drill I try to do resulting in a shank. Yeah, yeah do it slow. FFS that just results in a 2yd shank! I’m just sick of it. ‘Don’t worry about the shot, focus on the move you’re trying to make.’ F*** that. It’s a shank when I do it right. Why no pulls or slices? Always a GD shank. Just absolutely fed up.

Awesome rant. 

I remember once trying to practice short game, and I shanked like 15 chip shots in a row. I wanted to tear my own throat out. 

Have you tried intentionally shanking some? To see if you discover something that is causing it to happen? 

FWIW, I learned that when I try drills or some swing change that's uncomfortable (like they all are), my muscles tense more than usual. If I get tense in my wrists, I don't release them down, ulnar deviation, as much as I do when I'm swinging normally. This reduces the radius, and I think sometimes my brain makes me do something else to get the club down to the ball, causing a shank. 

My personal rant is the OP's rant. Pipe a drive, flush an iron shot to inside 20 feet, and then three putt...while watching the other guy in your group heel cut his drive, thin-bounce his hybrid into a bunker, half-blade it out, and drain a 20' for par. 

Edited by Big Lex

JP Bouffard

"I cut a little driver in there." -- Jim Murray

Driver: Titleist 915 D3, ACCRA Shaft 9.5*.
3W: Callaway XR,
3,4 Hybrid: Taylor Made RBZ Rescue Tour, Oban shaft.
Irons: 5-GW: Mizuno JPX800, Aerotech Steelfiber 95 shafts, S flex.
Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM5 56 degree, M grind
Putter: Edel Custom Pixel Insert 

On 8/12/2009 at 3:48 AM, twc said:

I'd rather drink water than mikes!

Isnt Mike's basically sugar water to begin with?

So a bad round followed by a bad beer selection. I mean, why even bother leaving the house!!!!!!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

2 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Put all your change in your left pocket, tie your left shoe in a double knot, turn your hat around, and stick a tee behind your left ear. 

1 hour ago, Elmer said:

Isnt Mike's basically sugar water to begin with?

So a bad round followed by a bad beer selection. I mean, why even bother leaving the house!!!!!!

That guy posted that 13 years ago so...

He's probably moved on to seltzers by now, just sayin'.

• Funny 3

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

4 hours ago, Big Lex said:

Have you tried intentionally shanking some? To see if you discover something that is causing it to happen? 

The ‘two ball drill’ always works for me. Sometimes however as soon as I try a swing without the other ball, I shank. Now today I went back and just went to hit balls without any drills and hit it beautifully. I feel very different with this swing but I’m quite certain that if I film it I’ll just be disappointed to see I’m doing nothing different than my old, ugly swing. 
I’m working on heading to Erie for a complete analysis of my awfulness with 100% open mindedness at least. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

12 hours ago, Vinsk said:

The ‘two ball drill’ always works for me. Sometimes however as soon as I try a swing without the other ball, I shank. Now today I went back and just went to hit balls without any drills and hit it beautifully. I feel very different with this swing but I’m quite certain that if I film it I’ll just be disappointed to see I’m doing nothing different than my old, ugly swing. 
I’m working on heading to Erie for a complete analysis of my awfulness with 100% open mindedness at least. 

Do you set up differently when you move to one ball? Erik changed my setup in Erie and when I toe the ball it’s because I’m reverting, bending over too much. I have to double check it when I practice.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Do you set up differently when you move to one ball? Erik changed my setup in Erie and when I toe the ball it’s because I’m reverting, bending over too much. I have to double check it when I practice.

I would say that’s unlikely being that it’s literally immediate. I hit a ball with the two ball then switch immediately. I actually once entertained my instructor by going back and fourth with about 10 balls using two balls, one ball, etc. I literally alternated my shanks to perfect rhythm. 

2 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I would say that’s unlikely being that it’s literally immediate. I hit a ball with the two ball then switch immediately. I actually once entertained my instructor by going back and fourth with about 10 balls using two balls, one ball, etc. I literally alternated my shanks to perfect rhythm. 

It must be great to have a skill. Any skill. I myself have trouble juggling a single tee, for example.

• Funny 1

I'd offer recommendations, but my record here on such things is execrable, so I'll stick to offering my sympathies to your plight :-(

I'm currently fighting three swing flaws: Back-swing is too deep, I'm sliding on my downswing (both of which lead to stalling my hips--robbing me of swing speed), and not having my hands in front of the club head at impact.  I've figured out why each of these are happening, so I'm back to doing endless motion drills to make them go away.

Despite the swing flaws I'm hitting them mostly well, other than a lack of club head speed and carry distance.  Having a tendency to hit fades, but that's something I'll work out after I've corrected the major swing flaws.