IGNORED

What ball do you use

Note: This thread is 4918 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

iv gone through a testing process with all the high end balls. i got a dozen or so of each and used them for a while. some i ended up giving away like the nike and bridgestone.
pro v1- good but i get a little to high ball flight with them but they spin alot
pro v1x- what i use most of the time, little spin off the driver, lots of spin with all my irons and wedges. i got backspin with a 4 iron yesterday (had 253 in and spun it back)
callaway- great for long game but with the odd shape dimples they dont roll as well
bridgestone- harder to spin without a full swing. i presonally like to be able to get 1 hop and stop from the fringe
nike-there all the same, im sure of it. i honestly cant stand them. its the biggest waste of $50 ever
i like the pro v1x's

|callaway.gif X460 Tour Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 73g | taylormade.gif 2i Rescue 11 |  3i HiBore Hybrid |  710 MB |  Wedge Works 48/06 |  cg12 52/08  | vokey.gifSpin Milled 56/11 | nike.gifSV Tour 60/10 | cameron.gif Studio Select Newport 2 34" |

rangefinder : LR550

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

went from pro-v's to Callaway diablo...I really like the callaway's b/c they are alot cheaper (compared to pro-v) they have a good feel, they match my gear and no one else I play with is ever using them so no need to mark them.

Big Bertha Diablo Driver
Big Bertha Diablo 3 Wood
Big Bertha Diablo 5 WoodBig Bertha Diablo BallsX-18 4-SW Irons

Mostly play the Taylormade TP Reds. Also have Bridgestone B-330 balls in the bag and play those as well. Lately been playing Srixon Z-URS as I can get them for $20.00 a dozen. I also play Pro-V's when some unlucky fool loses them on the course for me to find.

IN MY BAG:
Driver - FT-5 9* Aldila MOI Proto S-flex
3W - 200 Steel Fujikura Speeder 757 S-flex
Hybrid - 22* Burner Rescue Aldila NV Hybrid S-flex
Irons - 4-PW 755 TriSpec S-flexWedges - X-Tour Vintage SW 588 gunmetal LWPutter - Natalie 34"Ball - TP Red

I have playing the Srixon AD333, I really like them alot.

Whats in my  Stratus Stand Bag
Driver:  Burner 2.0 9.5°

3 Wood:  R11 15.5°

3 Hybrid:  Burner 2.021°

Irons: taylormade.gif R7 4-PW,AW 
Wedge:  xFT 56° and RAC 60° 

Putter: taylormade.gif Ghost Spider 34"
Ball: srixon.gif Q-Star bridgestone.gif e6/B330-RX

Nike Distance "Soft"... the green box. I got a personalized box for free, and really like them. Next time I buy balls, these will probably be what I go with.

I've been playing the Nike PD Soft (green) also. I like it, but I also have a box of the PD High (blue) and plan to try them when my Soft supply runs out. I have a relatively slow swing speed and think the PD High may suit me better.

John Hanley
Sugar Land, TX
Driver: Pinemeadow ZR-1 460cc 10.5 degree; senior flex graphite shaft;
6-PW: ProStaff Oversize; graphite (about 13 years old);
Adams Tight Lies fairway woods.

Cleveland CG14 56° sand wedge

Zebra 395gm Mallet putter

I recently bought Noodle LTD tours but havent tried them yet. But after reading all the noodle reviews im really excited to try them out. I think i might just stick with these balls because theyre cheat and seem to have good results judging by all the good reviews.

In my Powerband stand bag:

Driver: 3DX RC 10.5
Woods: N/A
Hybrids: 3DX RC 3/4-20/23Irons: 3DX RC 5-PWWedges: ARC 52/58Putter: pipe IIGlove: SoftJoyBall: Noodle Tour LTD

Pro V1

Unless your swing speed is over 112, you don't need to use Pro V1x. My swing speed is about 110.

In my Grom:
R9 460 Aldila RE-AX 60g Stiff
07' Burner 3 Wood Stiff
09' Rescue 2 and 4 Stiff
09' Burner 3-PW Superfast 85 Stiff 09' Vokey Spin Milled Black Nickel and Oil Can Wedges 50,54,60SeeMore Putter Pro V1 2.0 SG 2.5

ProV1 or ProV1X. A little more distance and a little less spin with the ProV1X. The ProV1 is softer and spins more, although not as much as last years ProV1X. I have a friend that looks for last years model for just that reason.

Driver: 907D2 10.5°
3Wood: 906F 15°
Hybrid: 585H 21°
Irons: 660 (4-P)
Wedges: Black SM52°, SM56°, SM60°Putter: Studio Select NP2Balls: ProV1/V1xRangefinder: Pinseeker 1500 TEGPS: SG5

I have bought and put up so many TP Reds and Blacks that I will be using them next year too.
I have several sleeves of Prov1s so I will be using them when I play on hard greens next summer. I find a lot of ProV1s while playing so I take them home and put them in my bucket of Clorox water and add them to my collection.

DLX cart bag...white/red

R1
913F 15*

913H 19*

G25s 4 iron - U wedge

CG 14 Black Pearl 56* -  60*

... KOMBI 35" 

...ProV1

I played all kinds of balls until I finally settled on Top Flite D2 Feels.

Great price, good feel. First ball that I can actually stick on a green.

In my Adidas Velocity stand bag:
Redline RPM 430Q 8.5
Insight BUL 3 Wood
idea a2 3 iWood Hybrid
CCi 4-AW Cast Irons Black Max Anser Putter D2 Feel

Several. Main ball has recently been Bridgestone B330-RX; excellent. Other Bridgestone Tour level balls are excellent as well.

Really like the Taylor Made Burner TP ball for value and playability; pretty sure this will be my ball for soft greens between Autumn and early Spring.

An interesting one which is a great buy if you're in Europe is the Inesis Tour TD ball sold out of Decathlon sports stores. Don't think you can buy it online. 3-piece, urethane cover; fantastic ball - £19 (~$31) per dozen. Doesn't have the cachet of Titleist et al but it's a Hell of a ball. Long and stops exceptionally well - durable cover too.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i only game the titliest prov1 or prov1x during matches and tournaments. i switch between the two of them based on the speed/hardness of greens(harder greens= prov1 for more spin on chips to me anyway). outside of competitive rounds i try out alot of balls. i really like the callaway tour ix, taylormade reds and blacks, and the bridgestone b330/b330s. i usually find atleast one or two of them in my bag, never buy anything but the titliest though.

In my Diablo Edge Tour/ Titliest Stand Bag:
Driver: Nike VR Pro 8.5* w/ Myazaki 43g X
3 Wood: Nike VR Pro II 13.5* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X
5 Wood: Cobra S9-1 Pro 18* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21* w/ Prolaunch Red X
Irons: 4-7 Titleist 712 CB, 8-9 712 MB w/ TT Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: 46* Vokey SM4, 54* Vokey SM4, 60* TMade ATV

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Belly 43"

Titleist ProV1. Sometimes Bridgestones if I find them on the course somewhere.

Callaway X-18 Irons | TaylorMade R5 Driver, 200 Steel 3 Wood | Cleveland Golf CG-14 Gap & Sand Wedge | Titleist Vokey Lob Wedge | Odyssey White Hot Putter | Titleist ProV1 Ball | Bushnell Pro 1600 Tournament Edition Laser Rangefinder

Note: This thread is 4918 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!