IGNORED

Anyone enjoying the drink tonight?

Danny Noonan
Note:Β This thread is 1647 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Originally Posted by zeg

I've been on a bit of a gimmicky drink kick lately.  Picked up a bottle of blue curaçao and green crème de menthe and made a few unnaturally colorful cocktails for my wife and I.  Also got some peach schnapps and made some fuzzy navels.  I think the winner was probably the "Mexican grasshopper," with Kahlua, crème de menthe, and half-and-half.  It was eerily like a liquid Girl Scouts cookie (and equally difficult to avoid consuming far too quickly).  Can't say I want a sweet, neon-colored drink every time, but these have all been fun.

Its the hot weather. I've switched up to my summer time base of Vodka. It goes so much better with juices, gatorade and the like rather than whiskey.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Vodka is pointless. If we're talking clear liquors, I'll take gin or rum.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5Β° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17Β° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20Β° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60Β° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

• 1 month later...

Laphroaig. Laphroaig

This is good stuff.Β  Trader Joes $32.99.Β  Drinking a little tonight.

A few of my friends think its too strong.Β  Bah.Β  Its perfect.

- DN
Sun Mountain C-130 Bag - Titanium
Ping G10 Irons PW-5
Ping G10 Driver
Ping G10 21 and 24 HybridsPing G15 17 HybridScotty Newport 2 Button BackTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 52 (8), 56 (14), and 60 (4)Titleist ProV1Backspin Buddy Groove Sharpener (yes, it works great)Adidas 360 Ltd.

Originally Posted by Danny Noonan

Laphroaig.

This is good stuff.Β  Trader Joes $32.99.Β  Drinking a little tonight.

A few of my friends think its too strong.Β  Bah.Β  Its perfect.

I assume you're talking about cask strength. I usually favor Bourbon over Scotch simply because the former has a plethora of barrel strength bottles to choose from. Nothing like ending the day with a glass of 100+ proof whiskey with just a drop of water in it.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver:Β Ping I20Β 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty CameronΒ  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX andΒ Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Laphroaig is the tits! I love Islay whiskies. Got some Oogie in the kitchen cupboard and you've just reminded me to have a big glass in front of the fire tonight. Thanks.

ArdbegUigeadail.jpg

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My brother just visited from NZ and got some Green Label duty free. Been enjoying that lately. Nice to get home from work, have a cigarette and sip some scotch in the afternoon sun.

Also enjoying Moosehead beer lately.

:tmade:Β SLDR X-Stiff 12.5Β°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2Β° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Field Of Dreams Absinthe.

JDAbsinthe.jpg

Guy I know makes this on his wine farm as a side project. If there's a more effective liquid panty remover in existence, I've never (ahem) come across it.

• Upvote 1

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

• 3 months later...

Highland Park 1967. Older than I am and in far better taste!

1481.jpg

Stretch.

Originally Posted by Stretch

Laphroaig is the tits! I love Islay whiskies. Got some Oogie in the kitchen cupboard and you've just reminded me to have a big glass in front of the fire tonight. Thanks.

+100

Now you're talking whisky!

Yours in earnest,Β Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks:Β :cleveland:Β 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5* Β :tmade:Β RBZ HL 3wΒ Β :nickent:Β 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H Β :callaway:Β X-22 5-AW Β :nike:SV tour 56* SWΒ :mizuno:Β MP-T11 60* LWΒ :bridgestone:Β customized TD-03 putterΒ :tmade:Penta TP3 Β Β :aimpoint:

AND STOP LOOKIN' AT MY BOOBS!

My Whackin' Sticks:Β :cleveland:Β 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5* Β :tmade:Β RBZ HL 3wΒ Β :nickent:Β 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H Β :callaway:Β X-22 5-AW Β :nike:SV tour 56* SWΒ :mizuno:Β MP-T11 60* LWΒ :bridgestone:Β customized TD-03 putterΒ :tmade:Penta TP3 Β Β :aimpoint:

I just picked up a bottle of Johnnie Walker Double Black, haven't tried scotch before though so kind of timid about trying it :P

:cobra: Fly-Z+ White
:callaway: XR 3 Wood
:adams: Idea Pro Black 21*
:callaway: XR 4 Hybrid
:callaway: Apex 5, Apex Pro 6,7 Apex MB 8,9,P
:tmade: 50Β° Gap Wedge
:callaway: Mack Daddy 2 54Β° 58Β°
:nike: Method 001 33"

Originally Posted by DarkPrince

I just picked up a bottle of Johnnie Walker Double Black, haven't tried scotch before though so kind of timid about trying it :P

Gotta start somewhere, but if you end up liking scotch I'd wager that you'll be moving away from johnnie walker products sooner than later. As a starter you might like MacCallan's which is aged in sherry casks and sweeter and easier to drink than some of the smokier stuff however, once your palette developes and you start to appreciate scotch you'll enjoy the smokier offerings.

Personel favorites in no particular order: Ardbeg, Talisker (mmmmmmmm), Bowmore, Lagavulin and Glenmorangie (madiera wood).

I very nice blended scotch is TΓ© BhΓ©ag (pronounced Che-Vek) but it may be harder to find. Very good price though.

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Gotta start somewhere, but if you end up liking scotch I'd wager that you'll be moving away from johnnie walker products sooner than later. As a starter you might like MacCallan's which is aged in sherry casks and sweeter and easier to drink than some of the smokier stuff however, once your palette developes and you start to appreciate scotch you'll enjoy the smokier offerings.

Personel favorites in no particular order: Ardbeg, Talisker (mmmmmmmm), Bowmore, Lagavulin and Glenmorangie (madiera wood).

I very nice blended scotch is TΓ© BhΓ©ag (pronounced Che-Vek) but it may be harder to find. Very good price though.

Great choice of whiskies - Ardberg and Lagavulin are favourates as areΒ the 3 extra matured Glenmorangies (Quinta Ruben, Lasanta and NectarΒ D'Or), but my top one is

SPROB_21YO.jpg

Pity it's too early here to have one.

In my mizuno.gifΒ Neo Cart Bag or rife.gifΒ Staff Bag on clicgear.gifΒ 2.0 Trolley
Β Driver:Β R11 10.5* | Β 3W:Β CB4 15* | adams.gifΒ Hybrid: Idea Pro (20* & 23*)
bridgestone.gifΒ Irons: J36 Cavity Back (5-PW) | vokey.gifΒ Wedges: S.M Oil Cans: 52.08, 56.08 & 60.04
rife.gifΒ Putter: 2-bar Hybrid Blade | bridgestone.gifΒ Ball: B330-RX Β Ball: Pro V1

Β 

As a short back story, I myself have never been much of a drinker or even interested in it even at 23, I'm limited to having tried a couple swigs of Miller Lite (yuck) really lol.Β  But anyone I've met who doesn't know that about me always says they pictured me as the guy at the bar who would be drinking wine (seriously...wine at a bar?) or drinking a glass of expensive whiskey or scotch. So I figured I'd try some for the heck of it. Kind of a stupid leap from pi$$ water to scotch but you only live once.Β  Aside from that I just bought my brother in law a bottle of 12 year reserve Jameson (he's Irish) for christmas that I might try with him, and I actually am sitting on a bottle of JW Blue until a good friend comes down for possibly new years. The last part is semi an inside joke because we both love Burn Notice and the main character in one of the earlier seasons mentions that he only drinks Blue. But he also let me stay at his place last year when I volunteered at the PGA at Whistling Straits, so its a bit of repayment as well :P

For now I'll stick to my Goose Island root beer and some pizza and a book :P

381209_857409313393_69210828_39306402_1245843292_n.jpg

:cobra: Fly-Z+ White
:callaway: XR 3 Wood
:adams: Idea Pro Black 21*
:callaway: XR 4 Hybrid
:callaway: Apex 5, Apex Pro 6,7 Apex MB 8,9,P
:tmade: 50Β° Gap Wedge
:callaway: Mack Daddy 2 54Β° 58Β°
:nike: Method 001 33"

Not that I get uber depressive or anything, but I'm a career bachelor, live alone, totally not wealthy etc, so yeah, I tend to enjoy the drink from time to time. The times are getting further and further apart (live alone, remember? got bills to pay!)

But tonight, I'm on the ol' Wild Turkey, 86.8 proof. It gets the job done.

Originally Posted by Lofty Lefty

Not that I get uber depressive or anything, but I'm a career bachelor, live alone, totally not wealthy etc, so yeah, I tend to enjoy the drink from time to time. The times are getting further and further apart (live alone, remember? got bills to pay!)

But tonight, I'm on the ol' Wild Turkey, 86.8 proof. It gets the job done.

The Bird is the Word!

Originally Posted by DarkPrince

Kind of a stupid leap from pi$$ water to scotch but you only live once.Β  Aside from that I just bought my brother in law a bottle of 12 year reserve Jameson (he's Irish) for christmas that I might try with him, and I actually am sitting on a bottle of JW Blue until a good friend comes down for possibly new years.

"Do you take drugs drink whisky, Danny DarkPrince?"

"Every day."

"Good."

original.jpg

Stretch.

Montreal Canadiens just traded Jaroslav Spacek for Thomas Kaberle, so yes, I will definitely be drinking tonight....

Just have to decide between whisky or anti-freeze!

Note:Β This thread is 1647 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!