IGNORED

The Stack and Tilt Golf Swing

iacas

Is this a pretty textbook S&T; swing? Love his downswing acceleration.

Callaway Big Bertha 460
Callaway X 3-wood 15*
Adams Idea Tech hybrid 19*
Titleist DCI 981 irons
Ping iwedge 56*, 52*Carbite Putter

I just ordered the videos last night but would like a few key things I can start to practice until they come. Any tips would be much appreciated

My only problem with golf is that I am usually standing too close to the ball............ after I hit it.
In my bag

Ping G30 Driver

Ping G25 3 wood

Titleist AP2 3-PW

Edel wedges

Edel putter

• Administrator
I just ordered the videos last night but would like a few key things I can start to practice until they come. Any tips would be much appreciated

Best "short course" is probably still:

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-instr...2/stackandtilt .

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I can't remember for sure, but I thought Erik posted the video about the head-against-the-pole-drill on this thread. But now I can't find it. Sorry to be a pain, but can someone clue me in as to where I can find that video, or maybe re-post it? Thanks very much.

The stuff in my bag (i.e. The clubs that I haven't tossed in the pond. Yet.):

Driver: G15
Fariway Woods: Fybrid 5
Irons: Big Bertha Fusion 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson 56 and 60Putter: IN Wack-e

I can't remember for sure, but I thought Erik posted the video about the head-against-the-pole-drill on this thread. But now I can't find it. Sorry to be a pain, but can someone clue me in as to where I can find that video, or maybe re-post it? Thanks very much.

Callaway Big Bertha 460
Callaway X 3-wood 15*
Titleist DCI 981 irons

That's the one! Thanks a lot, RIduffer.

The stuff in my bag (i.e. The clubs that I haven't tossed in the pond. Yet.):

Driver: G15
Fariway Woods: Fybrid 5
Irons: Big Bertha Fusion 3-PWWedges: Tom Watson 56 and 60Putter: IN Wack-e

I just bought the kindle version of the stack and tilt book, read it quickly and put the 30 minute S&T; practice section that is prescribed to work. I wanted to encourage those either teaching or adhering to stack and tilt, as i went from hitting fat/thin to powerful, piercing draws within the first 10 balls I hit. I had never hit a push draw before, and it was amazing as I effortlessly ripped off powerful push draw after push draw. Another great thing I noticed is that misses are incredibly easy to diagnose and fix. If I hook the ball, just open the clubface to get back to drawing. If I mis-hit, I just need to focus on keeping my weight left and standing up through the finish. If any of you are still wondering about stack and tilt, and have problems hitting a consistent, powerful, controllable shot, just give S&T; a try! Thanks again to all those on this forum who rave about it... you have helped me quickly elevate my game! (end S&T; commercial)

(Sorry I forgot to post this in the right thread... thanks to whomever moved it.)

I picked up the book and the dvd's about a week ago (70 Bucks). Halfway through the book, but I feel I learn better visually so I've focused more on disc#1 of the dvd's. After watching disc 1, the team went over something that I read in "Golf My Way" by Jack Nicklaus. The shoulder going down rather than around in the backswing. It really works for me. In the past I was doing it, but I don't believe I was getting my weight forward fast enough and therefore not reaping the benefit of what Jack was saying. But with the S&T;, they provided great explanation and now my weight is already forward so it eliminates alot of my mis-hits. The one thing that I'm having a problem with is the straightening of the back leg in the backswing. It's not happening. If anyone has any tips, I'd greatly appreciate them. But so far, I'm way ahead of last years progress.

The S&T; formula is great. And to those not willing to give it a try, you're doing yourself a great disservice.
Tools of the trade: Red=Pics
2.0 Push Cart
V14 Club Count Cart Bag
Driver - Nike SQ Dymo 2 HL w/Cleveland Headcover
Fairway Wood - Hibore XLS 5 WoodHybrids - Hibore 3,4,5Irons - CG Gold 6-PWWedges - CG14 52 & 60 CG15 - 56 Degree Custom Squareback 1

There are some drills in the back of the book that help with the back leg straightening. Try a few shots with the back leg straight from the start of the takeaway to get the feeling down.

Best of luck.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I have looked all over the web and ( unless I am doing a bad job of it ) I can not find any info on SAT instructors in the So Cal area. While I'm sure the videos and book will help me I tend to do better with a bit of feedback from someone watching me who may see what I'm missing. Does anybody have any info on a school or individual who teaches the method out here.

My only problem with golf is that I am usually standing too close to the ball............ after I hit it.
In my bag

Ping G30 Driver

Ping G25 3 wood

Titleist AP2 3-PW

Edel wedges

Edel putter

I have looked all over the web and ( unless I am doing a bad job of it ) I can not find any info on SAT instructors in the So Cal area. While I'm sure the videos and book will help me I tend to do better with a bit of feedback from someone watching me who may see what I'm missing. Does anybody have any info on a school or individual who teaches the method out here.

Dana Dahlquist is in Long Beach - dahlquistgolf dot net - and Dan Carraher is in San Diego at the San Diego Golf Institute - they are both very good - if you contact either of them please mention that Dave Wedzik let you know about them through The Sand Trap.

Dave

David Wedzik
Director of Instruction, Golf Evolution

LOWEST SCORE WINS! <- Check it out!!!

There are some drills in the back of the book that help with the back leg straightening. Try a few shots with the back leg straight from the start of the takeaway to get the feeling down.

Thanks. Guess I have to go back to the book!

Tools of the trade: Red=Pics
2.0 Push Cart
V14 Club Count Cart Bag
Driver - Nike SQ Dymo 2 HL w/Cleveland Headcover
Fairway Wood - Hibore XLS 5 WoodHybrids - Hibore 3,4,5Irons - CG Gold 6-PWWedges - CG14 52 & 60 CG15 - 56 Degree Custom Squareback 1

During the backswing, how important is it that the front knee bends towards the target while the back leg straightens? I have been noticing that as my front knee bends it moves forward and slightly to the right. It hasn't appeared to be affecting my shots, but I do know that the S&T; model prescribes towards the target.

During the backswing, how important is it that the front knee bends towards the target while the back leg straightens? I have been noticing that as my front knee bends it moves forward and slightly to the right. It hasn't appeared to be affecting my shots, but I do know that the S&T; model prescribes towards the target.

I just looked at the backswing section of the book, and it doesn't say anything about bending the front knee towards the target that I can find. It just says that the left knee flexes or bends toward the ball.

On the downswing, I think the left knee moves toward the target as the hips push toward the target.

Callaway Big Bertha 460
Callaway X 3-wood 15*
Titleist DCI 981 irons

I just looked at the backswing section of the book, and it doesn't say anything about bending the front knee towards the target that I can find. It just says that the left knee flexes or bends toward the ball.

Sorry RI, meand toward target line.