IGNORED

The Stack and Tilt Golf Swing

iacas

So I've spent the last 3 weeks trying to implement this concept with lots of range time (750+ balls a week) I took my new swing to the course today for the first time, and I am loving the accuracy and pureness of contact. My regular playing partner said 3 holes in "where's the hook? the hook is gone!" My previous ball flight was a straight-hook generated by a vertical swing and a closed face. Like I said, I'm liking the results so far, but I'm noticing I'm about a club and a half shorter than I was before. Is this something I'm just going to have to deal with or will the distance come as I get more used to the swing?

I'd recommend watching this video and seeking advice from a S&T; instructor. Β If you can't get to one I would highly recommend evolvr online instruction http://evolvr.thegolfevolution.com/Β Β  I would say you will tend to see your distance return as you get more and more comfortable, but without seeing your swing, it's tough to say what the issue might be.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends onΒ Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap onΒ Twitter!Β  andΒ onΒ Facebook!Β 
Golf TerminologyΒ -Β Β AnalyzrΒ Β -Β Β My Facebook,Β TwitterΒ andΒ InstagramΒ 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks........ I'm up for a lesson. Where can I find out if there's an S&T; instructor in Boston? The results I'm seeing right now are enough to make me believe, I just need some help to go the rest of the way

http://stackandtiltgolfswing.com/instructors/

None in boston but one operates out of Marthas Vinyard...

Some of them do traveling workshops I think though so check the websites and see where they are at.

nickent.gif4DX Evolver Driver,Β ping.gif Rapture 3 Wood, taylormade.gif Burner 08 5 Wood, nickent.gif 3DX RC 3-4 & 5DX 5 Hybrid,
nickent.gif 6-PW 3DX Hybrid Irons, cleveland.gif High Bore 09 GW-SW, touredge.gif 60* Wedge, maxfli.gif Revolution Blade Insert Putter
Β 
Yes I'm Aware That's 16 Clubs!

I just restarted applying Stack & Tilt, my backswing was allready like S&T;, but now I concentrate more on weight forward and the flying wedge, my distances are increasing ......

Main problem now is that I have some fat shots ...... ???

But yesterday I shot a 75, so I cannot really complain !

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon

Yep definitely. Providing she's in a reasonable mood tomorrow I'll ask the wife nicely if she'll come and video my swing for an hour at the local course.

I have a tabletop tripod (8 oz?) and just prop it on my bag, no need for someone to hold a camera. Or use a GorillaPod instead..

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I did have a Gorillapod for my 3GS but not bought one for the 4 yet. It's on the list though :)

SWING DNA
Speed [77]Β TempoΒ [5]Β ToeDown [5]Β KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5Β° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305Β [:-P]

Fat shots are coming from either not getting your weight forward or not tucking your butt near impact.Β  Focus on a smooth transition from the 55/45 weight distribution at the top to 90/10 at impact.Β  If you used to load your right side (like me), then timing the shift was really important.Β  It takes a little work, but so does shooting 75!

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

For the iPhone, all models, I prefer the Gary Fong clip, since it's more universal. For me, getting the hips forward and the tuck is the hardest part and something that gets most of the attention in my lessons with an SnT instructor.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Ok, I managed to get a couple of videos on the IPhone 4. Have uploaded as HD but not sure they're as good as the could be. Also lighting is poor as it's the range and the FO was impossible to film from the next bay as they're all sectioned so I had to swing with no ball.

Posting on the off-chance they're useful but ignore them if not ;)

I'll try and get better video ASAP.

SWING DNA
Speed [77]Β TempoΒ [5]Β ToeDown [5]Β KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5Β° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305Β [:-P]

Backswing looks ok, what stands out to me are the hips are backing up and not going forward enough on the down swing/followthrough. Β Here are some drills to try.

Set up with the right foot banked, outside of the foot off the ground, and keep it there. Β Will allow the hips to go forward and keep right leg straighter on the down swing. Β Going to feel like the belt buckle is way forward.

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends onΒ Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap onΒ Twitter!Β  andΒ onΒ Facebook!Β 
Golf TerminologyΒ -Β Β AnalyzrΒ Β -Β Β My Facebook,Β TwitterΒ andΒ InstagramΒ 

Crazy. Feel most definitely does not equal real. Those swings felt like I was pushing way forward. Could be the reason for lack of divots.

Off to the course this morning for a few holes so will endeavour to try out those drills and see if I can shift the hips forward more. Will also see if I can get some clearer videos.

Thanks for the input and drills.

SWING DNA

I'm guessing for most SnT instructors, most students don't get the hips forward enough. To me, it's not an easy move, there really is alot of forward lateral motion and sometimes I roll well outside of my leading foot.

Steve

Take it slow at first, make sure you get the hips forward. And make sure the upper body don't move forward at the same time. It will feel very weird, but that's what you're looking for. The hips can only go so much forward without the upper center moving too, so you have to find a good feeling for when you do it right.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot ProΒ | Callaway X-Utility 3iΒ | Mizuno MX-700 23ΒΊ | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15ΒΊ | Titleist 910 D2 9,5ΒΊ | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Originally Posted by Zeph

Take it slow at first, make sure you get the hips forward. And make sure the upper body don't move forward at the same time. It will feel very weird, but that's what you're looking for. The hips can only go so much forward without the upper center moving too, so you have to find a good feeling for when you do it right.

Thanks. I can do it, I dunno, 1/10 times? I got the arms straight, right foot banking in and the backswing (that took awhile to get used to) so now I'm on this. Feels like I'm close, but I've been thinking that for awhile. Leg straight just automagically happened and I used to have my back knee locked in pretty good.

This is in my ranking of learning the components of SnT from most difficult to easiest:

Tuck Hips

Arms Straight

Shoulder Down

Arms In/Deep

Weight Forward

Arms In and Weight Forward is pretty easy. I think for me, the tucking of the hips is the most physically demanding and hardest to mentally accept. It initially felt like a huge shank was coming on.

Steve

• Administrator

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by mvmac

Hi mvmac, I am jackbear, South korean.

I have practiced S&T; swing for 2 months. In the video, during takeaway, Charlie's left hand is not close to buckle belt compare to the the following picture.

Is there difference Iron and Wood takeaway especially to the point of the space of hands and torso?