IGNORED

Dang!

Fat Slice
Note: This thread is 5321 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So the quick facts:

1. I am in the lead for golfer of the year for our club, but by only 1 point.

2. Next and last tournament is Nov 8 (this Sunday)

3. Wife and I are expecting 1st baby.

4. Due date is Nov 8.

Of course no joy will be as big as having our kid!!!!!

But....man, we have 50 year old BIG trophy engraved with the names of the winners. I sure want to get on there! If she doesn't go into labor this weekend, I'm in the clear. If she does....there's always next year!

Meanwhile, our daughter is going to be building a swing as soon as she is old enough to hold a club. Dad will need someone to golf with!

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

"You were born 6 days earlier than expected because Daddy had to go play golf."

Ahh man, that doesn't sound like one that I want to hear.

Make sure she doesn't experience any sudden movements. No car rides, long walks, etc for her and you're golden. Imagine winning, and while your wife is cheering along with the rest of the gallery after you sink that 20' breaking downhill putt she goes into labor and you whisk her off to the hospital with your trophy in hand, wife in the other.

GOOD LUCK!

Grom stand bag
SQ 5900 - 9.5*
Burner 15* and 18*
MT 20* Hybrid
CG Gold 4-PW CG14 52.10 SM 56.14 IC 20-10a 34" Putter SDF balls (was on sale)

your child will become much more important than your name inscribed on a trophy. If it's meant to be, you will have both.
I suggest you get as much sleep as possible now....you will need it once he/she arrives.

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

Your name on that trophy will become much more important than your child. If it's meant to be, you can always have another kid. That's one of those "not-much-skill-required" activities. But winning a club champoinship? THAT is an accomplishment.

Go out and find the largest cork you can....

;)

Bag It:

3-Wood Wishon 525 F/D, 13*, Matrix Studio 65gm, Golf Pride Dual Compound
Hybrid: Wishon "321", 24*, MSF 85 HB, Winn DSI
Irons: Wishon 770CFE, Matrix Studio 74gm, Winn DSI

Putter: Odyssey DFX 2-Ball

Bag: Some big, honkin', ridiculous overkill of an Ogio cart bag with more pockets than I have teeth.

Your name on that trophy will become much more important than your child. If it's meant to be, you can always have another kid. That's one of those "not-much-skill-required" activities. But winning a club champoinship? THAT is an accomplishment.

Isn't that what I said?

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

The good news is that first baby deliveries are usually late, not early.

I don't get this 'golfer of the year' award ... is this a 'net' prize? How does it work?

Driver: G10 9.5*
Fairway Woods: 3 & 5
Hybrid: 21*
Irons: I10 4 - 9
Wedges: 48* + Spin-Milled 54 & 60*Putter: Rossa FontanaBall: B330-RX

<< Isn't that what I said? >>

Yeah. But it was an important enough point that it bore repeating.

:)

Bag It:

3-Wood Wishon 525 F/D, 13*, Matrix Studio 65gm, Golf Pride Dual Compound
Hybrid: Wishon "321", 24*, MSF 85 HB, Winn DSI
Irons: Wishon 770CFE, Matrix Studio 74gm, Winn DSI

Putter: Odyssey DFX 2-Ball

Bag: Some big, honkin', ridiculous overkill of an Ogio cart bag with more pockets than I have teeth.

Well here's to hoping she's a day late and your opponents are a dollar short!

In my (crossing my fingers for Syracuse Orange Cart) bag:
Tour Burner 10.5* Stiff
Walter Hagen 3 metal
Tour Preferred S300 DGs (3-PW)
Tour Preferred 52.08 GWWalter Hagen 56* SW Studio Stainless Newport 2 point 5 ProV1x's if i got em, but usually TP blacks

Here it is Friday, the tournament is Sunday, and yesterday we were blessed with our daughter (1st child). Wife says hit the links on Sunday...we'll see. NO SLEEP! Baby is cute and thankfully quite mellow.

This "Golfer of the year"............not like it's a club championship, where you actually have to exhibit some skills!

Anybody can be a good guy and become "golfer of the year"

You could be a "Better Guy" by being Daddy of the year or husband of the year.

The GOY trophy is awarded based on points for lots of things:

Placing in monthly tournament, placing in spring and fall tournaments, match play tournament standing - all based on net scoring.

I think it just may be possible to be golfer of the year AND daddy/husband of the year - why not reach for the stars? :)

Really, it depends on how my wife is feeling, if her parents will be there with her on Sunday, and if my hands heal (too painful to play or practice now - I have a condition that flares up...bad timing).

I won't be a jerk and leave to play if she needs/wants me home. She's been saying for months that I should go play if the championship is on the line...she said it this morning again. Still, I think it's a game-day decision.

Congratulations. We raised 2 girls.

Just remember when she is old enough to date (30 is a good age) keep a shotgun in the foyer. Doesn't need to be loaded, just prominently displayed.

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°

Congrats! Your life just changed forever!

Now, as far as this 'Golfer of the Year' trophy ... seems misnamed to me. I'm sure your club champ doesn't consider any net contest winner to be 'golfer of the year.'

Driver: G10 9.5*
Fairway Woods: 3 & 5
Hybrid: 21*
Irons: I10 4 - 9
Wedges: 48* + Spin-Milled 54 & 60*Putter: Rossa FontanaBall: B330-RX

The true club champ (gross) is my best buddy and he complains to me all the time about net scores, handicapping, etc. I knocked him out of match xt lowest play this year in the first round. Poor guy shot under par and I took him out 5 and 4 anyway! He's a 1 index player and the next lowest guy is an 6 or an 8 so he wins the gross title every year.

High five me, I changed a diaper.

So the quick facts:

I am sure the birth of your daughter will be more important than a trophy engraved with names of crappy golfers that no one knows.

R9 460 9.5
R9 3-Wood
Irons AP1 4-PW
Wedge X-Forged 62*, 56*, 50*
Studio Select 34" MS Newport 2 TP Red

Congrats! And sounds like you have a very supportive wife for your golf game!

I hope you make it on Sunday.

Grom stand bag
SQ 5900 - 9.5*
Burner 15* and 18*
MT 20* Hybrid
CG Gold 4-PW CG14 52.10 SM 56.14 IC 20-10a 34" Putter SDF balls (was on sale)

Note: This thread is 5321 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!