IGNORED

My Swing (jamo)

jamo
Note: This thread is 1358 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Good work dude

Thanks. This one's from yesterday. The follow-through seems less forced with my arms in this one. Also, GRASS! Wooooooooo! [VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zuma_ele5w[/VIDEO]

• Upvote 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

How're you hitting it? Best your swing's looked. EVAR!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

How're you hitting it? Best your swing's looked. EVAR!

Thanks! I was hitting it really well.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• 2 weeks later...
Just finished a round, will have the video up in a few hours. FWIW, it was probably one of the least enjoyable rounds of golf I've ever played. I woke up with a stomach ache, and felt like absolute shit the entire round. I couldn't stomach breakfast, so I was hungry the whole time. And to make it worse, I was eaten alive by mosquitoes on the first four holes before I went to my car to grab bug spray. Like Joba Chamberlain in Cleveland bad before the spray, and barely tolerable with it. I was also hitting behind a guy dressed in full Heisenberg gear spraying fertilizer on the green, and now I've got a pounding headache. That's all to say: I had absolutely zero feel for my swing. (I don't mean these as excuses or complaints or anything. I played bad because I played bad. Just giving some background.) The only reason I shot +2 37 was because it was a really, really easy course. Anyway, that'll be up in a bit. Also: my voice is the absolute worst. I'm cringing the whole way through the edit.

[quote name="jamo" url="/t/74880/video-logs-vlogs-of-you-playing-golf-post-your-own/30_30#post_998328"]Alright, it's still uploading to YouTube for a few more minutes. The course is Hopedale Country Club, in Hopedale, MA. It's not nearly a fancy as the title makes it sound, and measures only 3086 yards. So it's not a tough course. I made bogey at 2 and 5, everything else was a par. (I make fun of myself in the titles a few times. I'm mostly goofing around.) [VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFMJ0SG4JLc[/VIDEO][/quote]

In my bag:

It was cool watching you make these pars.

Thanks for sharing. BTW, your voice sounds fine. From the way you were prepping us I thought we would get a Frankie Valli impersonation.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Nice tee shot on the 9th jamo.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Was refreshing to watch your vid, i.e. the commentary, ect Nice work jamo...:beer:

[quote name="Lihu" url="/t/31052/my-swing-jamo/150_30#post_998553"]It was cool watching you make these pars. Thanks for sharing. BTW, your voice sounds fine. From the way you were prepping us I thought we would get a Frankie Valli impersonation. [/quote] Thanks guys. [quote name="Kieran123" url="/t/31052/my-swing-jamo/150_30#post_998994"]Nice tee shot on the 9th jamo. [/quote] Thanks. I'm not sure that was my best swing, but it came off well and was definitely the best result. I have also a weird sort of history with that hole. It's the longest hole relative to its par (by that I mean there's no 450-yard par 4s or 600-yard par 5s on this course), but I've always played it fairly well. The green is pretty big and there's plenty of space to run the ball up.

In my bag:

Thanks. I'm not sure that was my best swing, but it came off well and was definitely the best result. I have also a weird sort of history with that hole. It's the longest hole relative to its par (by that I mean there's no 450-yard par 4s or 600-yard par 5s on this course), but I've always played it fairly well. The green is pretty big and there's plenty of space to run the ball up.

Yeah that tee shot on nine was pretty amazing. Nice work!

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

• 2 weeks later...
Just got back from the range. I had been struggling mightily with my swing for the past few weeks, but I felt MUCH better today. I haven't watched a lot of the video yet, but I'll try to get some up later tonight.

In my bag:

Okay. So the video's not as encouraging as I thought. Most of my swings were very flippy and chicken-wingy. [VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGUtqXWoanA[/VIDEO] I was hitting the ball pretty well. I also did some drill work later on that looked pretty good. [VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiI5-0_OAZs[/VIDEO] After that I filmed some behind, and I was scorching the ball: [VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcgGkbbe7e4[/VIDEO] So just a matter of getting some more range time in and staying focused.

In my bag:

• Administrator

Looks good. Just make sure that these swings translate to the golf course. Some of the swings in your vlog were a bit… different. :)

But really, looks good. Best it's been in years. You're on the team with Mike and I in August right? :)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Looks good. Just make sure that these swings translate to the golf course. Some of the swings in your vlog were a bit… different. :)

Right. [quote name="iacas" url="/t/31052/my-swing-jamo/150_30#post_1006970"]But really, looks good. Best it's been in years. You're on the team with Mike and I in August right? :) [/quote] This time, zero chunks that travel 10 yards! [quote name="mvmac" url="/t/31052/my-swing-jamo/150_30#post_1007040"]Nice work, keep it up! [/quote] Thanks! :beer:

In my bag:

Played Highfields Golf and Country Club yesterday after finding out that they now have a deal where anyone under 25 can play 18 holes for $20. Shot 72 from the gold tees (72.2, 136), even par. Hit the ball EXTREMELY well. I was a little wild with my driver early on, but by the back nine I just locked in. I only truly mishit one iron shot, a tee ball on the par-three fifth. Everything else was pretty much flush. Hit 10/14 fairways, 13/18 greens, and my short game was pretty solid. Took 31 putts. Birdied the last two holes. Had a bunch of other medium-length chances that just didn't fall. Lag putted well.

In my bag:

• Administrator
Played Highfields Golf and Country Club yesterday after finding out that they now have a deal where anyone under 25 can play 18 holes for $20.

Shot 72 from the gold tees (72.2, 136), even par. Hit the ball EXTREMELY well. I was a little wild with my driver early on, but by the back nine I just locked in. I only truly mishit one iron shot, a tee ball on the par-three fifth. Everything else was pretty much flush.

Hit 10/14 fairways, 13/18 greens, and my short game was pretty solid. Took 31 putts. Birdied the last two holes. Had a bunch of other medium-length chances that just didn't fall. Lag putted well.

Should have vlogged it. :)

Congrats. First even-par round on a decent course (i.e. not some pitch and putt)?

Should have vlogged it. :)

I was actually going to. I had a tee time for 7AM where I would be able to play by myself, but I had to change it to 1PM. Got paired up with some guys and didn't want to slow them down. [quote name="iacas" url="/t/31052/my-swing-jamo/150_30#post_1010631"]Congrats. First even-par round on a decent course (i.e. not some pitch and putt)? [/quote] First time since '10 or '11.

In my bag:

Played Highfields Golf and Country Club yesterday after finding out that they now have a deal where anyone under 25 can play 18 holes for $20. Shot 72 from the gold tees (72.2, 136), even par. Hit the ball EXTREMELY well. I was a little wild with my driver early on, but by the back nine I just locked in. I only truly mishit one iron shot, a tee ball on the par-three fifth. Everything else was pretty much flush. Hit 10/14 fairways, 13/18 greens, and my short game was pretty solid. Took 31 putts. Birdied the last two holes. Had a bunch of other medium-length chances that just didn't fall. Lag putted well.

Congrats. Excellent round. What felt better, the score? Or hitting the ball solid the whole round?

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Note: This thread is 1358 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!