IGNORED

My Swing (jamo)

jamo
Note: This thread is 1358 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

1. A little more stretch in the backswing to help your turning rates increase - might feel like your backswing is all turning with little to no arm motion.
  2. Shove your ass forward and stop trying to force the arc of the swing with your arms flying off your chest quite so much. Jump, squeeze your ass.
  3. There is no three! :D

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A little more stretch in the backswing to help your turning rates increase - might feel like your backswing is all turning with little to no arm motion.

Shove your ass forward and stop trying to force the arc of the swing with your arms flying off your chest quite so much. Jump, squeeze your ass.

There is no three! :D

I might help to have someone else squeeze your ass at first, just to give you a feel for it.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

[URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/89677/] [/URL] [LIST=1] [*] A little more stretch in the backswing to help your turning rates increase - might feel like your backswing is all turning with little to no arm motion. [*] Shove your ass forward and stop trying to force the arc of the swing with your arms flying off your chest quite so much. Jump, squeeze your ass. [*] There is no three! :D [/LIST]

Sounds like a plan!

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• 1 month later...
Been working hard, making decent (but slow) backswing progress. Think I might have the changes down by today when I go to the range in a bit, then I can start to work on the downswing, because it looks ATROCIOUS. Updates coming later.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqfN8TMKJn4[/VIDEO] [VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pim-JbuQ0iw[/VIDEO] I think a lot of work on the backswing is paying off. Pretty happy with this: Downswing actually looks worse than I thought it would. :poo: Weight stays back, little extension into impact/follow-through.

In my bag:

I think a lot of work on the backswing is paying off. Pretty happy with this:

Downswing actually looks worse than I thought it would.

Very nice.  That is actually one of the things I need to work on.. it looks like you have made significant strides if you ask me!  Did your contact change at all or ball flight change when you finally made this change to the picture on the right?

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

• Administrator

@jamo you're being too hard on yourself. Seriously, this is the best it's looked and worked in a long time.

Good timing, too, because this is your next bit:

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Very nice.  That is actually one of the things I need to work on.. it looks like you have made significant strides if you ask me!  Did your contact change at all or ball flight change when you finally made this change to the picture on the right?

I couldn't tell you if my ball striking has changed much since I've been playing mostly indoors on mats. Before, my hips were so forward at A4 that I had no where to go from there. Now I'm more centered on the backswing, so I have space to move forward and extend from A4 to A7. That should help my ball striking. [quote name="iacas" url="/t/31052/my-swing-jamo/120_30#post_957894"] @jamo you're being too hard on yourself. Seriously, this is the best it's looked and worked in a long time. Good timing, too, because this is your next bit: [/quote] Maybe it was just that I typed up the post at 1:30 AM. I'm thrilled that I finally don't have to worry about that backswing piece, and that I have a feel that works great. :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

In my bag:

Maybe it was just that I typed up the post at 1:30 AM. I'm thrilled that I finally don't have to worry about that backswing piece, and that I have a feel that works great.

Wheeee it's like graduation :smartass:

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I couldn't tell you if my ball striking has changed much since I've been playing mostly indoors on mats. Before, my hips were so forward at A4 that I had no where to go from there. Now I'm more centered on the backswing, so I have space to move forward and extend from A4 to A7. That should help my ball striking.

Maybe it was just that I typed up the post at 1:30 AM. I'm thrilled that I finally don't have to worry about that backswing piece, and that I have a feel that works great.

Damn, that's an athletic move for a big man.

Nice! :beer:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Damn, that's an athletic move for a big man.

Nice!

Yes,  A4 looks great @jamo !

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

Wheeee it's like graduation :smartass:

[quote name="David in FL" url="/t/31052/my-swing-jamo/120_30#post_958310"] Damn, that's an athletic move for a big man.  Nice!      :beer: [/quote] [quote name="cipher" url="/t/31052/my-swing-jamo/120_30#post_958315"]Yes,  A4 looks great @jamo ! [/quote] Thanks guys!

In my bag:

For posterity, I should probably write down the feelings that worked the best. It was a combination of two: the propped/popped right hip feeling that Erik gave me (not sure if that one ever made it into an official video), and a general feeling that I was swinging like Rory McIlroy. I don't really know how to describe that, but just visualizing something in the way he moves his shoulders on the backswing seemed to work. Anything where I directly felt "stretching" didn't last long-term. [VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qir6STNfJec[/VIDEO]

In my bag:

• 3 weeks later...
Struggling a little bit at the moment trying to engrain the backswing piece as well as making downswing improvements. Basically I can do the backswing correct when I focus just on that, but I've also found myself cheating a bit at address to make the downswing a bit easier, which messes up the backswing and just generally ****s everything up. Need to remind myself to take it slow and focus, which I just wanted to write down here. :-)

In my bag:

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAvbZiy-yu4[/VIDEO] [VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7igLDkgpAlo[/VIDEO] Those are both after practicing for a while with Mike's hip thrust and break drill. [VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGhr7n-OnaE[/VIDEO] (Forgot to take it at full speed.)

In my bag:

Looking good dude. When doing the drill make sure not to let the weight "roll" into the left heel. Try to keep it planted, will help with the thrust. Followthrough will be less level and feel more "tilted" right.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Looking good dude. When doing the drill make sure not to let the weight "roll" into the left heel. Try to keep it planted, will help with the thrust. Followthrough will be less level and feel more "tilted" right. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/95567/] [/URL]

Great, I was actually wondering about that. Thanks.

In my bag:

[VIDEO]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb-UcHL5fuY[/VIDEO] From today, me doing the drill. (It's slow motion again. Fast forward to the one minute mark for me actually hitting the ball.) Definitely not easy to stop rolling onto my left heel. I went back and looked at some video, and I've been doing that for over a year now. But from all the videos I got today, when I managed to keep my foot down, everything looked much better. Plenty of room to improve here though. MORE MORE MORE extension, I gotta tell myself. Probably the last time I'll be going to the indoor range this season. They've got the outdoor mats open now at Southboro, and in a few weeks they'll probably have the grass open. Although, I seem to remember that place not opening the grass until later that you expect, so it might not be for a month.

In my bag:

Note: This thread is 1358 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!