IGNORED

Official Tiger Car Crash/Infidelity Thread

groovezilla79
Note: This thread is 5041 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wrong. Simple as that. You are wrong.

I agree. No, you just plain can't say that. Some people do have respect for others.

2004 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion
2005 Northern Iowa Player Of The Year
2006 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion
2007 Iowa Co-Ed Golf State Champion
2007 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion2008 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion2009 College Division Iowa Junior Tour...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, but I have an idea what it's like to be married, and to be a man. The wealth is inconsequential. It may take more willpower given how much more the women will try, but isn't Tiger supposed to have more willpower than almost anyone else?

I would disagree that Tiger has "more willpower than almost anyone else". What he does on the golf course has real no relation to what kind of person he is outside of golf. We have seen a number of champions from golf and other sports show a lack of willpower when comes to outside distractions. A number of world champions have succumb to drug or alcohol abuse, violence, etc.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

Here come the lawyers. Looks like Tiger may have bought peace with Elin for at least 2 more years. I wonder if he will be able to buy the press?

http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/blog/de...rn=golf,206529

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Does this erase all the good Tiger does in the community, and for kids and charity? I guess it's just our media that pisses me off, infotainment.

4-5 yrs ago, I saw an interview with a pro athlete talking about how he told Lebron to view the media with suspicion. His main point was that the same media that will enjoy the opportunity to make $$$ building you up is the very same media that will make as much $$$ tearing you down at any misstep. Look at Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant (sorry I can only think of NBA references at the moment). **edit** look at ARod too. I bet if Ken Griffey ran over a dog tomorrow and drove away, they'd get on him too.

I was watching jasper's comments on golf channel earlier and I dont feel too sorry for her, she hit a home run when she snagged tiger, either way, she's set for life as long as she didnt mess up and he goofed first, which he did, she hit the gold mine. I never thought tiger was perfect, he behaves like a child when he doesnt hit a perfect shot, talks to the media when he feels like it and isnt all that friendly with the fans, which have made him the superstar he is. As with all pro athletes, they really dont get it, they dont realize how privilidged they are. Tiger is expected not to make the really big mistakes like this, he is supposed to be a role model and apparently not that great of one. He is the greatest golfer ever, regardless of what kind of person he is. But Kobe got past it and nobody even talks about what he did anymore, charges of rape were never valid, he simply had an affair just as tiger has. Kobe is more popular than ever and tiger woods inc. will survive.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

I was watching jasper's comments on golf channel earlier and I dont feel too sorry for her, she hit a home run when she snagged tiger, either way, she's set for life as long as she didnt mess up and he goofed first, which he did, she hit the gold mine. I never thought tiger was perfect, he behaves like a child when he doesnt hit a perfect shot, talks to the media when he feels like it and isnt all that friendly with the fans, which have made him the superstar he is. As with all pro athletes, they really dont get it, they dont realize how privilidged they are. Tiger is expected not to make the really big mistakes like this, he is supposed to be a role model and apparently not that great of one. He is the greatest golfer ever, regardless of what kind of person he is. But Kobe got past it and nobody even talks about what he did anymore, charges of rape were never valid, he simply had an affair just as tiger has. Kobe is more popular than ever and tiger woods inc. will survive.

I agree 100%.

Sad thing is that the most successfull as far as money and fame care less who they run over to attain it. Once they get it they have to find other things to push the envelope. Not saying Tiger is that bad, but damn...it's almost like he wanted to get caught to try a new challenge??? Wierd.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Plenty of room to talk here. The worst thing I've done in a few years is not come to a complete stop at a stop sign or something like that. I've not even come close to cheating on my wife.

''o'rly?''

No, but I have an idea what it's like to be married, and to be a man. The wealth is inconsequential. It may take more willpower given how much more the women will try, but isn't Tiger supposed to have more willpower than almost anyone else?

''tiger has a better mental game on the golf course than the rest, quite irrelevant to the situation? until you've had scandalous women knocking at your room door and slipping you keys while drinking your scotch at the bar, you remain quite ignorant of what it's like to be a man in his position.''

Uhhh... have you?

''rhetorical question. but quite relevant. if you knew you could easily get attractive women, being faithful to one takes on a completely different dimension. i guess you're just going to have to take my word for it.''

I find it quite easy, given my vows. Genetics? Seriously?

"yes, genetics, seriously. ever heard of a thing called evolution? monogamy is as natural as humans drinking cows milk."

I just now realized this wasn't worthy of a response, but I hope that by responding the rest of the people who share your perverse, simpleton, excuse-making, disrespectful attitude will not bother.

''perverse? i believe the word you're looking for is 'realistic'. and human genetics isn't all that simple. i never said what he did wasn't morally wrong. condescending much?"

I was watching jasper's comments on golf channel earlier and I dont feel too sorry for her, she hit a home run when she snagged tiger, either way, she's set for life as long as she didnt mess up and he goofed first, which he did, she hit the gold mine.

Is it always about the $$ ? I'm not so sure. Maybe Elin's the type who would trade in all the cash and fancy lifestyle to have Tiger be true and faithful, who knows. I have some pity for her - just maybe she had her heart ripped out. There has to be some compassion in the situation, and I choose to have it for her.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Is it always about the $$ ? I'm not so sure. Maybe Elin's the type who would trade in all the cash and fancy lifestyle to have Tiger be true and faithful, who knows. I have some pity for her - just maybe she had her heart ripped out. There has to be some compassion in the situation, and I choose to have it for her.

I agree. Its sad that everyone seems to care only about the money. BTW, I am watching CNN and on the program they had a note that she would get close to $300 million if she did divorce according to "experts".

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

I just read on msnbc that Rachel Urchitel might have gotten a million dollars from Tiger not to tell her story. If that's true it's the craziest thing yet! A million dollars and everybody already KNOWS they slept together. Even for a billionairre, that must suck.

I just read on msnbc that Rachel Urchitel might have gotten a million dollars from Tiger not to tell her story. If that's true it's the craziest thing yet! A million dollars and everybody already KNOWS they slept together. Even for a billionairre, that must suck.

HAHAHAHAHA. I respect that girl. The other •••• only got 100K according to reports and she had tape. What a hood rat!!

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

• Administrator
If it's not a mistake, what do you call it?

A mistake is an anomaly, a one-time thing. You can repeat a mistake if you fail to learn, but to repeat it for 31 months, sorry, that pushes it out of "mistake" territory in my book.

You're free to define it differently. I think calling it a "mistake" is simply a great way to connotatively make it sound less "bad."
You know what? Most of the large fraction of humans who engage in infidelity took those same vows, and most of them will say the same thing you do about how they will always uphold them.

Most of those people don't know me as well as I do. It's that simple.

Sorry if you think that realism about human sexuality and infidelity is "perverse, simpleton, excuse-making."

I stand by my assertion that blaming cheating on "genetics" is perverse, simpleton excuse-making. It denies free will. And there area lot of animal species who mate for life, too, so I don't even necessarily believe that "genetics" plays a role even

without free will and our ability to decide something for ourselves.
''o'rly?''

Yep. Contrary to what some may think, people tend to abide by the law.

'"yes, genetics, seriously. ever heard of a thing called evolution? monogamy is as natural as humans drinking cows milk."

You're stretching now. Evolution has almost nothing to do with this. As I pointed out above, several animal species mate for life. It's not a must or a given in biology that the male of the species boinks anything out there. Heck, with a praying mantis, it's the opposite, no?

You're all free to have your opinions. These are mine. I respect women and I respect myself well enough to honor a vow when I make it. You can choose not to believe me, but even if you take the worst statistics, they'll say 4 of 10 guys won't ever cheat... which is a far cry from the "everybody cheats" stance some of you seem to be taking. Now, I've said before and I'll say again: 99% of what I care about is Tiger as a golfer. Unchanged. But that 1% that had to do with his off-the-course persona, well, it's done. And now that this seems to be back to golf (which he won't even play for nearly two months now), I'm done. Yay.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A mistake is an anomaly, a one-time thing. You can repeat a mistake if you fail to learn, but to repeat it for 31 months, sorry, that pushes it out of "mistake" territory in my book.

I agree. 31 months of doing something he knew was wrong is more than a 'mistake'. It's a major character flaw. And all though most can separate his off course transgressions from his golf, I think that will hard for many to do.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

I miss the days when John F Kennedy had one of his mistress' sing for his birthday and nobody gave an eff.

Imagine, from birth you are told you are the best there ever was. You win everything you have ever tried, every goal accomplished the best in the world at your sport. And every city a new girl trying to get with you. I'm not saying his cheating was ok, but I can understand how that would happen.

The complex he must have is amazing. It reminds me of A-Rod who I heard had his face painted on mutliple life size portraits of minitards on the cealing and shit. You get it in your head you are immune to any scrutiny and can't get away with it all. I've always like athletes that handle the media and given this situation Tiger is doing it right in that regard I think.

What I play

Driver: 907D2
Wood:960 15*

5 Wood: 960 18*

Irons: Titleist 735 Cm 3-PW

Wedges: CG16 60* and 52*

Putter: Nike Method

I wish I could change my vote in the "Greatest golfer to ever live" thread to Nicklaus. I knew I should have voted for him in the first place...

I'll be honest here. If I had young hot women after me all the time I'd likely drink the coolaid. It's easy to point fingers, but untill your truely put in the position Tiger is in you cannot say that you wouldn't make the same mistake. Hey we are all human!!

Did Arnie or Nicklaus fall for it? You know those two had HORDES of women after them.

Grom stand bag
SQ 5900 - 9.5*
Burner 15* and 18*
MT 20* Hybrid
CG Gold 4-PW CG14 52.10 SM 56.14 IC 20-10a 34" Putter SDF balls (was on sale)

Note: This thread is 5041 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!