IGNORED

NCAA Basketball - 2009-2010

Jay-Bird
Note: This thread is 5128 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'd love to see Duke improve to the point where they get a number one seed. Although I hope Duke wins the best team I've seen so far is UK. I'm kind of embarrassed for UK fans, however. It's a shame to bring in a guy like Cal. when you have such a rich history. Coach Knight's comments were right on the money. Ky might win it this year but at what cost? Texas and Kansas are also very good. Mostly I'm really enjoying this season. Last night was great. Duke (my favorite team) beat BC by 20 then Clemson (where I went to grad school) crushed UNC CH.

What's in my bag?
Bigger Sticks....: Driver: ping.gif G15 9* Fairwayping.gif 4-wood  Hybrids: 4,5  taylormade.gif Rescue Dual
Smaller Sticks...: Irons:  ping.gif G15 5-PW Wedges: titleist.gif Vokey Wedges 48, 52, 56 degree
Flatter Stick......:  odyssey.gif 2-ball putter
Not a Stick.........: Ball:  titleist.gif Dt So/Lo or NXT Tour  Bag:  taylormade.gif Catalina clicgear.gif

well, where do i begin. first, let me address bob knight. where does this guy get off making any kind of comments on integrity? he basically became a loose cannon while at indiana by physically assaulting players. his tirades and outrageous behaviors are infamous. someone ask him if he would like to visit puerto rico for a vacation, or is there still an outstanding warrant for his conduct while there. he is an over the hill blowhard that has lost his grip with reality. too bad because he had a helluva basketball mind.

why would i be embarrassed from our hiring of cal? he was the best man for the job. i don't think there has been a greater turnaround in basketball history than the job cal has done this year. if we possibly could win it this year, which would take a great deal of luck, there would be no questions of integrity. we would be extremely proud and hope that our success would continue in the future. the insinuations and inuendos about calipari are just that. no infractions large or small have ever been leveled at him personally.

if duke were to lose coach k, i am sure they would pursue to the nth degree any coach that would be able to bring back the rich tradition they enjoyed the last decade.

bottom line we're not embarrassed, you shouldn't be either.

I never liked Coach Knight as a coach. But just because he couldn't control his temper as a coach doesn't mean what he said wasn't true. I agree with what he said, even if he is a jackazz.

As for the hiring of coach Cal, I'll state things a bit differently. I have much more respect for the Ky basketball program than I do for coach Cal. That's why you should be embarassed that your program hired the guy. A great, tradition rich program just hired a guy that's not great and isn't tradition rich. There's more to a basketball program and to building and maintaining a rich tradition than wins and losses. Cal will get you wins in the short term. Hope I'm not coming across as too obnoxious, I simply don't think Cal is one of the "good guys" and I know and respect how passionate Ky fans are about your hoops (I'm the same way about Duke hoops).

Either way, your team has a great shot at taking it all this year. John Wall is fun to watch and an incredible player.

9F

What's in my bag?
Bigger Sticks....: Driver: ping.gif G15 9* Fairwayping.gif 4-wood  Hybrids: 4,5  taylormade.gif Rescue Dual
Smaller Sticks...: Irons:  ping.gif G15 5-PW Wedges: titleist.gif Vokey Wedges 48, 52, 56 degree
Not a Stick.........: Ball:  titleist.gif Dt So/Lo or NXT Tour  Bag:  taylormade.gif Catalina clicgear.gif

• 1 month later...
Syracuse will win the National championship

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Good to see this thread back. I like Kentucky, and i'm taking Michigan St. as my #2.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Kentucky is freakishly talented this year and I think will win it all. Kansas and 'Cuse are great too, and watch out for Purdue. I gotta give a shout out to New Mexico though, best season in their history and totally out of nowhere. Hope to see a Sweet 16 visit from them!

• 1 month later...

Great to see Duke rise to the top and win a great tournament.

why would i be embarrassed from our hiring of cal? he was the best man for the job. i don't think there has been a greater turnaround in basketball history than the job cal has done this year. if we possibly could win it this year, which would take a great deal of luck, there would be no questions of integrity.

Hey jest, look on the bright side, with all 5 of those guys bailing, you can once again witness a great turnaround at Ky (from top 10 to super lousy). You should find yourself some UNC fans to talk to, they'll tell you what to expect next year. Congrats on bringing in coach Cal, he's obviously moving your program in the right direction (unless word of all those guys leaving is just insinuations and inuendos).

What's in my bag?

Note: This thread is 5128 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!