IGNORED

Your Golf Grade?

ks8829
Note: This thread is 5194 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Driver - F. I can't hit my driver at all. If I try 100 drives, at least 100 of them will be bad
Irons - D I can hit several of my irons somewhat reliably on a good day.
Short Game - B This is the strongest part of my game. For some reason, I am freaky good at chipping from around the green. Most everybody I play with has been astonished (compared to rest of my game)
Putting - C I am a ok putter but often 3 putt from far away.

Overall I would have to give myself an F because I really can't play. That is, I can not complete a round without drops, mulligans and pickups or the score would be like 200.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I last played in November.

Driver C
Iron D
Short game B
Putter A-
Overall game C

In my mind after not playing for a while

Driver A
Iron A
Short game A
Putter A
Overall game A+++

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

Driver - B+ Hitting it straight and long over the past two months. Would give myself an "A", but driver was off a bit last weekend.
Irons - B+ - hitting them solidly, a few overdraws a few pushes,
Short game - C+ has been off my last two rounds 100 yards and in.
Putter - C - Needs the most work
Overall game - B - need to play and practice more this year.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Driver- B+ Long and consistant but an occasional straight block at bad tmes
Irons- B Solid all year I work the ball well both ways just need to narrows down targets a bit
Wedges- A- From 115 in its been pretty good quite a few round savers for par after a bad shot
Short Game- B+ Consistant with all different shots around green
Putter- B- Very streaky a times gets hot and cold
Mental Game- B Calm most times but quite a few club throws this year lol
Overall- B I got down to scratch this year at one point so i cant be upset. Cant wait for college golf.

In my Bag
Driver-Taylormade R11 TP Fujikura Blur Stiff 65g shaft
3Wood- Titleist 906 f4
Hybrid- Adams  Idea Pro A12 18degree
Irons- Titleist 712 mbs 3-Pw

Wedges Clevland CG 12 52 56, CG 15 60

Putter- Scotty Cameron Newport 2.6

Driver: C . Short (210 max), crooked, and rarely solid. The only thing going is that, because of the lack of distance, wayward drives only miss the fairway by several yards.
Fairway woods: B- . No distance control, and the potential for a wicked mishit (e.g., a skull or duck-hook) looms.
Irons: B+ . Ranges from awful with long irons to money with short irons.
Short Game: B . Seems that even the best shots never leave tap-ins, but six-footers. Need to work on touch.
Putter: A- . A little streaky. Lag putting is weak, but solid five footers make up for it. Putts of 4-18 feet are very good. Inside four feet can get sketchy.
Overall: B . Need to be a little more consistent and work on my driver as not to go one down after every tee shot and be scrambling uphill from there.

It's funny how almost everyone, from the hacker to the plus handicap, ranks his game in the B range: somewhat content, but seeing the vast room for improvement.

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

Driving: B+
Irons: B
Short Game: A-
Putting: C+
Overall: B

Had a real good year in '09. If I could've rolled in a few more putts from the 10' range, I feel like my handicap could've dropped another stroke or two. But I've really worked hard over the cold months, and I hope that it shows in '10.

driver: B-
irons: B+
wedges: A-
putting: F
overall game : C+

my irons and wedges are the strongest part of my game. i make most of my pars when i miss the green in regulation because i can chip/pitch better than i can putt...

a GIR almost always turns into a bogey.

i blame the fact that i'm always playing different courses, going from bermuda to bentgrass to temp greens.. i cant seem to get my stroke and distance control down.

driving is somewhat reliable.. i have days when i smash every one of my drives 250 straight down the middle with the occasional 275 yard drive, and days when i'm duck-hooking most of the drives 200 yards and into the trees......

RBZ stage 2 driver & 3 wood

Original AP1 4-GW

Vokey 54.10 & 58.04

Scotty Newport 2

Driver B+

Irons 3~6 ( B- ) ,7~P ( A- )

Short Game A

Sand Save ( A around bunker , B+ from Fairway )

Putter B ( Improved from C to B after reading Stand U The Art Of Putting , change back to Blade from Mallet )

Overall Game B ( handicap dropped from 8 from 2008 to 3.9 in 2009 )

I wish i can practice more and play more this year.
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

Driver: B-
(FW Woods:) D-
Irons: A-
Short game: C
Putter: A+
Overall game: B+

To break it down a bit more, from the tee, I used to be nearly A+, but I've lost a lot of that. My fairways are pretty bad. My long irons are nearly perfect, with the mid irons being a bit less overall (considering they are supposedly easier to hit). Short irons are better than average. Wedges are usually spot on, but from 60-20 yards is very difficult. Chipping was once great, but now a bit sketchy. Putting has always been nearly flawless. Overall, not bad. Handicap on Jan 1st, 2009 was 33. Today it hovers in the single digits, and dropping.

Driver: C+
Iron: C-
Short game: B
Putter: B+
Overall game: C+

after reading over the grades lower handicappers grading themselves, I revised my marks:

Driver: C-
Iron: D
Short game: C+
Putter: B-
Overall game: C

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Driver B i can hit far and hit 65 % of fairways last year average of 272 yards but i cannot shape it on command or hit a low stinger into the wind very well at all wind takes 20 yards of my ball
FW Woods C
Irons B they can be great but mostly just good i hit 62% of gir last year
wedges D- horrible (full wedge shots)
shortgame B i can get up and down often and i have a huge vary of shots
putting D- Horrible
course management B- i normally keep under control

Overall game C+ i think if were honest no 12 capers should being saying B i am a 4.8 and a horrible golfer lets be honest paper tiger says it best SCRATCH IS SHIT, takes so much more than scratch to play pro.

driver. taylormade tour burner tp ust avixcore tour green 75 x
3 wood 909 f3 13* voodo xnv8
3 hybrid adams idea pro vs proto 95x
irons 3 no 4 5-pw nike cci forged blades
gap wedge nike sv tour blacksand wedge cg14 56* 14flopadopolous vokey spin milled 64 7putter scotty cameron classics newport...

Driver - B
Hybids - B
Irons - B+
Wedges - C+
Putter - F
I just da*n suck with a putter lately. 3 putts are keeping me from a single digit HI.

Updated 2/7/10 - In my Revolver Pro bag:
Driver: G-10 10.5* TFC 129 Stiff flex 3-W: G-10 TFC129 Stiff flex
#2h(17*) Stiff Flex #3(21*) & #4(24*): Hybrid G-10 TFC129 Stiff flex
5-PW: MP32 (DG300)S flex Wedges 52-8, 56-14, and 60-04 Bobby Jones Wedges
Putter: Rossa Monte Carlo 35"Grips:...

Driver- F (Got to a point where I would score better using long irons off the tee. Enough said.)
Iron- C (Need to work on hitting the ball cleanly, hit way too many a little fat and 10 yards short)
Short game- C+ (Great out of sand and improved my touch a lot through the year, but need to leave the ball closer to the pin)
Putter- C- (Would have been an F over the summer, but re-dedicated myself over the fall and putting really improved)
Overall Game- D+ (I improved a lot this year, but need a lot of help and practice to keep getting better)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Driver: D- (just can't get it going at the moment. I'm hitting about 50% at best, and these are huge fairways)
Iron: B- (not too bad, when i hit the fairway i'm nearly always on the green. I block my 4 and 5 irons a bit at the moment)
Short game: B- (have good and bad days)
Putter: A+ (i normally average about 25 putts around)
Overall game: B-

Its interesting when you sit back at look at your game. I know my driving is letting me down. If I hit the fairway, I normally have a GIR, but I just put myself under way to much pressure every time I miss it.

Driver: C
Iron: C+
Short Game: C+
Putter: D+
Overall: C

With 'A' being a score showing tour level competency, I basically suck. :)

In the Bag

Ping i15 8* Diamana Whiteboard

Titleist 909f3 13.5* Aldila NV

Ping S57 3-PW KBS C-taper

Macgregor 52, 56, and 60 wedges

SC Newport 2.5

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Note: This thread is 5194 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!