IGNORED

Craziest bad shot you've ever seen

kfowler
Note: This thread is 4754 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There was an older man that was legendary at my old home course because of his swing. He would fall backwards every time he swung the club - his front foot would end up behind him. Anyway, #1 on that course had an elevated tee box and there was a pond directly under it. He teed off and did his usual back-step thing and stepped on the tee block, fell down, rolled down the tee box and stopped about a foot short of the water. ALMOST fell in the water.

909 D3
Exotics XCG 3 wood
3-PW VR TW
MP-T10 52 and 56
Sasquatch Tour stand bag Scotty Cameron Newport 2

It was a Cinderella story, first time at this golf course, the 18th hole, a small pond just out in front of the green and looking at about 265 yard relatively flat shot straight to the pin.

The guy I was playing with, Ed, pointed out that if I could drive the ball over the shorter of the two little maple trees, about 150 yards out, the ball may run up between the two sand traps and onto the green.

I tee up a ball, pull out the driver, address the ball and yup, I tried to kill it. The ball took off, cleared the pond, and then took a hard right towards a barn that was about 100 feet long. The ball went right between two pine trees, over a piece of golf course equipment and into the ONLY open door on the whole structure ending with a very loud bang. Ed said “Oh man, I hope there wasn’t anyone in there”.

I took a couple of cellphone pics while Ed headed up to the barn. As I was approaching the barn Ed was pointing in the door and exclaimed “I think he’s unconscious!!” . I started running towards the doorway and Ed says ‘ Nah, I’m only kidding”. I have no idea what the ball hit but we found the ball in the middle of the barn on the ground at the right rear of a John Deere Gator.

Ed says “Well, you can’t play it from here, just toss the ball back onto the fairway” which I did. At the end of the hole Ed asked “How did you score that one?”.

I replied “I put it down as a barn in one because you don’t often see hard shots like that being made”.

In my Bag Boy XLT-15 bag:
Cobra 10.5* Speed Pro S driver
Cobra 15* Speed Pro 3W
Cobra 20* Baffler Pro
Cobra UFI 4-PW,GW,SW,LW Graphite Cobra Melbourne II putter Ball = Pinnacle: FX Long Gold Cart = ClicGear 2.0 in yellow

I was playing a few years ago, and it was at a point when I was about a 30 handicap, and had a hybrid. I was using this thing to try to advance on a par 5, and I nailed it. It flies pretty high, goes about 200 yards, and proceeds to land square on a stone pyramid that they use to mark the edges of roads with. The damn thing impacts, and shoots a friggin mile into the air. It came down in the really heavy rough near a lake.

Teeing off on 1st hole with over 10 guys watching I hit a huge banana ball that clears road & hits maintenance building behind 18th green. It makes a huge ringing sound that everyone can hear. Being quick on my feet I say that I couldn't believe the guy on 18 hit the building pretending it wasn't me. As we drive out to the ball I tell my friend it was me that hit the building but didn't want to admit it in front of all those guys. e still laugh about it to this day. Luckily I don't get nervous in front of group of people any more.

One thing that drives me nuts is people who tee it up right next to the tee box stones. I guess people do it for alignment, or swing path, but it always makes me nervous watching them tee up a ball 6 inches from a big rock.

Long story short, playing in my league and a guy hits the rock with his driver and smashes it into pieces. Driver had some dings too.

Callaway Big Bertha 460
Callaway X 3-wood 15*
Adams Idea Tech hybrid 19*
Titleist DCI 981 irons
Ping iwedge 56*, 52*Carbite Putter

In a 3 man scramble last year, I was the high cap guy on our team (randomly drawn). I played safe all the time to make sure we had options. The 2nd day was super windy, at least a 2 club wind the whole way. On one of the par 5s, I poked my drive out into the fairway, and after we couldn't find the other 2 bombs in the thick rough, we went to my drive, and I laid up to about 120 and the other 2 guys went for it, but ended up in crappy spots. So we went to my ball, and the other guys hit first, both way short in the wind, like 10 yards short of the green. I took like 3 extra clubs, like a 7i, and hit it thin straight into the bunker guarding the elevated green. It popped up out of the sand and landed on the fringe, and we proceeded to make our birdie 4. It NEVER got 5 feet off the ground, just a skulled screamer. It wouldv'e gone 180, hit that thin, it had to have a lot of energy in it to hit the sand and burst up into the air like that. The guys we were playing against were just stunned. It was probably the worst shot I hit the whole 2 days, but my steady/crappy playing on that hole saved us a birdie when the long bombers where nowhere near where they were aiming... Every time I see those guys we laugh about it!

1) While at Myrtle playing the Witch with my brother-in-law, Tony, we are teeing off on (maybe 10), and there is a maintenance guy parked and watching us. Tony hits this huge push which hits a tree about 60 yards out, bounces hard left and hits another tree on the opposite side of the fairway finally comming to rest about 70 yds out left center of the fairway. I was laying on the teebox laughing my butt off.

2) I hit two shots into a pond that was only about a 40yd carry off the tee box while a cart girl was watching... happened last year, while I was a single digit handicap. Topped both of them... probablly the only two topped tee shots I hit all year with a driver... extremely embarrassing. Took a 10 on the hole with one putt.

3) While playing JV I watched a teemate playing in his first match hit another player standing on the side of the tee box waiting for his group. Almost a 90* shot... he was pretty embarrassed, shot something like 75 for 9 holes.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Mine was a lucky bad shot. About year and a half ago i was playing on a par 3 around here, about 150 yards with trees all along the left side of the hole. I hit a 7 iron and pulled it quite a bit, ball was headed for ob left. It came down, hit a branch on one of the trees, then another branch after that and almost like a huge hand got deflected and landed on the green, about 7 feet from the hole, i missed the birdie putt but made par off a shot that should have been a lost ball. The group playing on the green adjacent to the hole all started clapping and cheering as they got a better look at it than i did.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

2) I hit two shots into a pond that was only about a 40yd carry off the tee box while a cart girl was watching... happened last year, while I was a single digit handicap. Topped both of them... probablly the only two topped tee shots I hit all year with a driver... extremely embarrassing. Took a 10 on the hole with one putt.

I was playing with a friend, and I had been just driving the ball like a pro all day, long and straight. We get to this par 5, and I top 4 in a row into some water about 10 yards in front of the tee box...

My first round of golf was almost my last. I went to a local par 3 course by myself for my 1st ever round of golf. I went to the starter and told him I was new to this and what do I do to start. He suggested I go see the pro for a 1/2 hour lesson for $40.00. I told him I wanted to find out what I could do on my own and take lessons in the near future. He points me to the 1st tee ( par 3 about 140 yd ) , I think I shot like a 6 . Feeling pretty good about myself I went to the 2nd tee, another par 3 but with a 4 ft. drop off behind the green. My tee shot lands on the green and rolls off the back. When I get to my ball, it is still in bounds and about 3 ft. from the stone wall supporting the green. When I tried to chip back onto the green, the ball went up about 3 ft. (remember, the wall is 4 ft.) hit the wall, came back and hit me square in the mouth! A few minutes later I looked in my wallet, took out 2 $20.00 bills went back to the pro shop, after going to the bar for a napkin and some ice.

A couple of years ago I was playing in Phoenix and one of the holes ran along side a road on the left side, my buddy tee'd it up and hit it down the left side, the ball hit the cart path took a huge bounce out onto the road and landed in the back of a pick up truck going down the road, we said to my buddy that was probably the longest drive hee'l ever make lol.

Another time almost 30 yrs ago my brother invited a guy from work to play a round with us, he never thought to ask him if he ever played the game and I don't think he was too bright, while we were waiting for our fourth player to arrive we sorted out a rental set of clubs for our guest and suggest he have a little practice on the putting green, he took out his putter stepped up to the putting green next to the first tee and took a FULL swing from the putting grren down the first fairway (it was a pretty good shot with a putter lol) the starter came over and asked him to leave the course.

Every time I saw the commercial when Tiger Woods tees off with his putter after his caddy drops the bag in the water reminds me of that day.

Driver: Taylormade R9
3 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
5 Wood: Cobra S 9-1
7 Wood: Cobra S 9-1

Irons: Taylormade r7 Custom Fit (SW-4)

Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza Spyder

Balls: Titleist Pro V1x

You will have to forgive me as I am a new golfer that has only about 4-6 rounds total of play and probably qualify for this every shot. The craziest bad shot I have ever seen was like my second round, it was my friend, his mother, mother's boyfriend and grandfather. It was the 4th hole on a par 5 544 yds. He(mother's boyfriend) pulls out the Hammer driver that I think everyone is familiar with(that alone made me laugh my butt off), he proceeds to line up the shot and bellows "POW!!!" and shanks the ball perfectly to like a 45 degree angle into the the airport near by about 200 yards to our left. We all died laughing because not only did he shank it so bad, he broke the head of the hammer driver.

Driver: r7 cgb max 10.5º
3 Wood: Ovation 2
3H: Pro Gold 20º w/Winn PCI
4H: Tight Lies 24º
5-PW: Tight LiesPutter: Dual Force 668 w/Winn PistolBall: B330 Bag: Corza

• 1 year later...

I may have told this one on another thread, but it fits well here too. It was my 1st time ever playing golf, I told the starter this and he suggested that for $40.00 I should see the pro for at least 1 beginner lesson. My reply was "I would 1st like to try on my own, sort of get a baseline". This is an executive course so most of the holes are short par 3's. After shooting a 5 on my 1st ever hole I went to the 2nd hole ( a 127 yd par 3 with a terraced green) and hit my tee shot on the green were it rolled off the green and over the stone wall supporting the back terrace. Finding my ball down and behind the green but still in bounds I played the lie. I tried to hit a flop shot, instead I bladed it  and hit  the stone wall about 4 ft. from my lie. The ball came back and hit me square in the mouth. After shaking out the cobwebs I checked my wallet, found 2 $20.00 bills,stopped at the bar for some ice in a napkin and went to see the pro.

I was playing with a friend of mine once that was a beginner and he hit his drive by a tree and then on his second shot he hit the tree and it came back and hit him, he then hit his third shot somewhere (not counting the penalty haha) and on his fourth shot he holed it like 130-150 yards out haha

i was playing in my first major tournament (to me) and landed my drive in the rough. it seemed like a simple 7 iron out but it had perfect trajectory and speed.... right into a  tree. the trees then played pinball with it until it landed in a 2"x2" gap between the warden's cart wheel and a tree trunk. but i had to play it as it lie because it was on dirt.

3rd hole, Blackmour, Richmond Ohio, i hit the ball with such an over the top swing, and the back end the hozel, toping it directly left causing it to hit me in the thigh.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Playing with my brother-in-law last year and he was teeing off with his driver.  There was a short bridge with about a four inch raised edge running down both sides about fifty feet in front of the tee box running perpendicular to the shot direction.  He proceeds to hit a screaming low shot that dives down into the bridge, bounces off one edge, and then rapidly bounces back and forth inside the bridge about thirty times before stopping in the middle of the bridge.  He was furious at the shot and I was astonished.  After he calmed down he realized just how odd the shot was and started to laugh a little.

In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

During the winter 2 years ago, playing my 2nd shot to a par 5 with a 3 wood from a soggy lie.....hit down on it a bit too much and it plugged straight down into the ground. It went so far down that it was a struggle to get out to take a drop

Note: This thread is 4754 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!