IGNORED

Early Look at Tiger Woods '11

TheMassHacker
Note: This thread is 4939 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I really think what EA gives the most of the attention to is the online game play. If they were to bring back course architect feature (which they have been talking about for the last few years), they would have to develope an online forum where different people could upload their designs for other to download and play. Something like a little big planet kind of deal on the PS3. www.littlebigplanet.com

As far as bringing back amateur status, q school, sponsorships etc. they are going to have to do two things.

One would be cut out the added game feature that doesn't involve the tour. i'm at work so i can't get to the website to see for sure, but you have to complete various tasks against a course or player to open courses/merchandise to buy.

The other would be to cut the number of courses that comes with the game. At this point, you only get 6 or 8 with and option to go online a buy additional courses for 8 bucks each.

my vote would be to cut the added game feature that doesn't deal with a tour schedule.

lastly, i don't think "tiger woods online" is TW '11 that this thread was started about.

Mike.

I really think what EA gives the most of the attention to is the online game play. If they were to bring back course architect feature (which they have been talking about for the last few years), they would have to develope an online forum where different people could upload their designs for other to download and play. Something like a little big planet kind of deal on the PS3.

Or they could keep all those features and make it a PS3 exclusive while adding oodles of other features b/c the new blu-ray discs can hold more than enough information. :)

I don't think "tiger woods online" is TW '11 that this thread was started about.

Nope, that's my bad. The press release jumped from giving details of the website to mentioning Tiger Woods '11 is coming out in June. I jumped to my own conclusion and thought it was a beta version of that. Sorry.

Three lousy shots and one brilliant shot can still make par...

I have Tour '10 for Xbox 360 and it's fun until you get on the green. IMO it's the hardest golfing video game I've played. I just can't get used to the putting. Even when I THINK I'm reading the beads on the greens correctly I'm still off. But it's just a game I suppose.

In my Nike Xtreme II Bag:
Driver Str8-Fit SQ Dymo2 S
Irons CG Gold 5-PW
Hybrids 3&4 Hibore XLS
Putter Rossa Daytona I Putter Ignite MalletBall ProV1xWedges Glove StaSofShoes Heritage

TW10 on Wii is fantastic. Q school, sponsorship, Etc is fun, as is the career skills development stuff. I heard that the Wii version had more of that than the PS3 version. The Wii Motion Plus thing is a huge improvment over the original. 09 wasn't fun, espcially ebcause you could drive half the Par 4s and then six-put to 3 over. Putting is drastically better, and the read on draw/fade is good. you will very seldom hit the ball perfectly straight, and you will be punished in putting for not making square contact with the putter.

Hot Shots was great for PSP - its the only PSP game I still own. I still miss Links 386, though.

I am a level 21 PRO after 69 rounds. It is definitely a beta but great fun.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

I would like it if they let us DL the other courses for free on Xbox Live instead of charging $65 worth of Xbox Live points to get them all.

9.5º TaylorMade R9 TP VooDoo XNV6 | TaylorMade R9 TP 13º 3W & 19º 5W Both with Fujikura Motore F1 85 | Mizuno MP-57 DG X-100 (3-PW) | Titleist Vokey 52º, 56º, 60º | 34'' Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 | The Cardinal Club [73.9/135]

Has anyone tried PGA 10 for Wii? I heard its really good with the new Motion plus thing...

I must say that I am addicted to Tiger Woods '10 for the Wii. The motion plus is great, although I don't make my "real" swing. I especially love this game on days like today- looking out my window at 12 inches of snow coverage.

In my Grom stand bag:

V2 Rapture 9* with Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Blue stiff shaft
Launcher 15* 3 wood with Proforce V2 stiff shaft
18.5* 3DX 3+ Hybrid with Adila NV Hybrid 75 stiff shaft MX 200 3-PW with True Temper XP S300 stiff shaftsVokey Spin Milled 52.08Vokey Spin Milled 58.12 CX2 34 in

I must say that I am addicted to Tiger Woods '10 for the Wii. The motion plus is great, although I don't make my "real" swing. I especially love this game on days like today- looking out my window at 12 inches of snow coverage.

I agree. I have had the game for several months, but just recently started really playing it a lot. My favorite part of the game is playing the classic moments challenges or whatever it's called. I am just now getting my career started. I won my first tournament last night. I played about 8 rounds yesterday and last night. My shoulders and abs were both sore this morning. LOL.

In The Bag:
Driver: 
 RBZ 10.5*
3 Wood:  RBZ 15 *
Hybrids G15 17* & 20*
Irons​ G2 4-UW 
Wedges:  Vokey 54*
Putter:  MC-03w
Balls:  PD Soft

RE TW Online @ tigerwoodsonline.com
I am a level 26 Pro now and really enjoying the game, I began playing other people yesterday and that was a fun new aspect for me.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

• 3 months later...
TW '11 is one of the first games to support the new PS3 Motion controller. The controller will be released in the fall, after the game. I can't stand the Wii, so if the price isn't prohibitively expensive I'll be picking up the new PS3 motion stuff.

I was going to get it for PS3, but I may change my mind...

Because you want it for Wii, or because you don't like it?

I have a Wii and an Xbox 360. I bought Tiger Woods 10 for 360 first and beat it, and then bought it for Wii, but now for some reason that game disc is broken.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played the TW '11 demo on my 360 and it still looks like much of the same. Not sure I could make a decision to buy or not. I played '10 for a few months but it got stale. Apparently they are trying to get rid of the button mashing that people do to get these 120% driver swings but it still was there in the demo. I really like the daily and weekly challenges that EA comes up with though.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

I was going to get it for PS3, but I may change my mind...

Wow, that preview looks awesome. I might have to pick that up on June 8th.

Syncro bag
Superfast Burner 9.5° S driver
G5 4-PW irons
Burner '08 22° 4h
53° wedge 56° wedge iN Li'l Wack-E putter PD Long ballSlowly working on upgrading my old bargain bin clubs.

Because you want it for Wii, or because you don't like it?

I did t really care for 10. I don't really have enough room in my den. So I was going to get the ps3 version. But 11 looks pretty awesome on wii. I don't really care about graphics that much.

Note: This thread is 4939 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!