IGNORED

7 wood vs 2 hybrid

Note: This thread is 4235 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I can't wait to try it out along with my 4 wood. They should be here any day now.

In a staff blue  Aerolite III

Razr Hawk 10.5* (BB 63 S)
Orig Steelhead 4W 16.8* (F)
Orig Steelhead 7W 20* (M-10)

JPX-800 Pro 4-pw (XP S300)

MP-T Blk Ni 51.06, MP-T Blk Ni 56.14, MP-T Blk Ni 58.10

Bettinardi BC-1 (34")

TM TP Black

Went to the golf dome and hit my 7 wood for the first time this weekend, and it is stupid easy to hit! Very nice, square set up and cool clink sound at impact. This Wednesday, I will get an idea how far I hit it when I use the simulator. I'm still hoping for that 210-220 range, so we shall see.

Bettinardi BC-1 (34")

TM TP Black

one day i went to the driving range i could take my clubs i got a callaway ft-3 hybrid to hit i preffered it to my own hybrid which has a bigger head so i would go small headed hybrid much more versatile

I'm not confident I understood your post - other than small hybrid heads are better.

Bettinardi BC-1 (34")

TM TP Black

first of all... i am not an old man... lolz

i have driver/4w/7w/3h/4h on down and i love the combo... i also have a 3w i swap out every now and then depending on the course...

my 7w and my 3h are both 21° but i can hit my 7w about 15-20yrds farther...
the reason i looked into 4w/7w combos was i had serious distance gap issues and felt this was a workable solution for me...

i love my 4w and 7w
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

I love my 7wood....I use it for my go to/safety club, I can hit high or low left or right. It is just comfortable to me.
If you always do what you've always done....You'll always be where you are right now..
Driver: C830.2 HOF Taiwan Proto
3 wood: Versus VS 1 Proforce V2
7 wood: DCT Fujikura Motore F1
3-pw: Nakashima NX-1 Project X 6.5 53*: ...

For me, 7W is more like 3H (19*). I love my 3H for it's utility from any lie.

Driver: Big Bertha 460, (9° Steel) | Wood: X Fairway 3W (15° Steel) | Hybrid: X 3H (21° Steel) |
Irons: 4-PW, MP-52 (TT DG S300) | Wedges: X-Forged Chrome 52°/13, 56°/15, 60°/10 (TT DG S300) |
Putter: Ping Karsten Anser

I'm actually thinking of yanking my 2 iron for a 7-wood... It's more versatile... and I'll be able to throw a 64 in the bag

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm actually thinking of yanking my 2 iron for a 7-wood... It's more versatile... and I'll be able to throw a 64 in the bag

That's what I did. I loved my 2 iron off the tee on tight holes or very long par 3s, but in all honesty, it was about 60% solid off the deck. This 7 wood with the steel shaft seems fail proof.

*EDIT Better make that a 61* Eye 2 bent to a 64. LOL

Bettinardi BC-1 (34")

TM TP Black

• 3 months later...
Looking at the Cobra Baffler Rail 2H to fill gap between 3 wood and 3 hybrid. Liked hitting at simulator yesterday. Other option is Ping 4 wood.

• 2 years later...

Did you ever get he Callaway Steelhead 4 and 7 wood? I have a Callaway Steelhead iii 4 and 7 wood with uniflex steel shafts for sale. $ 75 for the pair plus shipping. PM me if interested. .

The 7 wd will typically go higher and farther than the 2h, depending on fit.

I like a 21 7 wood over a 19-20 hybrid - more forgiving, easier to get up.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

The 7 wd will typically go higher and farther than the 2h, depending on fit.

I like a 21 7 wood over a 19-20 hybrid - more forgiving, easier to get up.

+1   I went to a 7W (and 5W) this year and benched my low-lofted hybrids with absolutely no regrets.  I have an average swing speed.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

I have a steelhead 7w with the stock Callaway graphit  shaft (firm) I love it. I can hit high or low plus work it both ways. I never could find a hybrid that feels as good.

I am not a long hitter (Driver 200-225), but I had a 5W(175 yds) and a 4H(170 yds) in my bag and both had similar distance with different trajectories.  The 5W was a much higher launch... I didn't think that I needed two clubs with similar distances so I pulled the 5W and replaced it with a 2H(200 yds).

I needed a club to get out from under the trees and I can punch a 2H 150 - 200 yds. with a low trajectory.....

IMHO, the 2H does not replace the 5W for yardage, but it does provide another tool to enhance your game.

Note: This thread is 4235 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!