IGNORED

Srixon Z Star Tour Yellow - anyone on board with these?

Note: This thread is 4535 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

played them and didnt like them
they seemed to be much shorter than a Pro V or similar ball
but i really wanted to play a Srixon ball

tried the Trispeed and they are amazing - i hope they make them in yellow next year, as i really liked the color of the TY's
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

I play the Tour Yellow. They have a soft feel and spin pretty well. Yes, you can see them very well in the thick rought and on a sunny day.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Just started playing these and pretty much agree with the previous post.

:cobra: Amp Driver 10.5*(R)
:tmade: Burner 3W 15*(R)
:tmade: Burner 2.0 Rescue 3-4
:titleist: 714 AP1 Irons 5-pw, gw(Steel XP95 R300)
:callaway: MD3 Wedges 56, 60
:nickent:Omen Long Putter(un-anchored)

holy crap a premium yellow ball
ill be buying these tommorow.

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
9.5 09 Burner with prolaunch red
Nickent 4dx driver
Taylormade Z tp 52, 56, 60
YES Carolyne putter

I just got some for my birthday...I have not played them yet, but I trew them in tall grass at dusk, and I could see them much more than regular ones.....

I'm really looking forward to playing these this weekend!
It's the indian, not the arrow! But it sure is nice to have good arrows!!!!!

Driver : r7 Limited 9.5* Matrix Ozik X-Con 5.5 (Reg) | Fairway: 906F4 15.5* (Reg) | Hybrids: DWS Baffler 3/R 20* (Reg) & Baffler Rail H 4-H 22* (Reg) | Irons: AP1 5-G (Reg) | Wedges: SW - SM56-10 & LW - SM60-04 | Putter:.....

• 7 months later...

My cousin, who is a golf pro and golf shop owner plays with them and seems to like them. I've yet to do so, but am planning on doing so this year. I like the yellow. Easier to find in the occasional scottish cut rough when I get to gutsy and try to cut corners. I've always been a fan of Srixon and Cleveland!

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots - but you have to play the ball where it lies."

- Bobby Jones

I've been playing the Srixon Tour Yellow Z Star and Z Star X since late last summer.  I really like the way they feel off the putter face and they spin awesome around the green. Plus, I just got a dozen Z Star Tour Yellow with a free Srixon hat at the local Edwin Watts shop. Awesome!

Whats In My Hoofer Bag

R9 460 9.5 degrees
909 F2 15.5 degrees
909H 19 degrees AP2 4-PW (Rifle Project X 5.5) Spin Milled 52, 56 & 60 Degrees Studio Select Squareback 2 Pro V-1 Favorite golfer: Zach Johnson

I have to say, I started using them late last year and I honestly don't think I will be going back to a white ball. I have been VERY happy with them. I find them easier to track off the club face, they feel soft on wedge shots, they spin well, and I just like the look of them. Great ball!

--- Rebel Golfer ---

It is my favorite ball. I got 6 dozen of them recently as they were on sale. Two dozen for $59 at The Golf Warehouse site, and many other places. Incredible golf ball.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that color balls are a nice break from the norm. I got some of the orange e6's. Pretty sure color balls should perform the same as the whites.

Cleveland Hibore XLS Driver: Nike Ignite2 Irons: Adams SW and LW: Odyssey White Hot Mallet: Bridgestone e6 and TreoSoft Balls etc...

• 1 month later...

Just pulled the trigger on a dozen of these.

Opened the packet....

Wow!

They are pearlescent yellow/green and look completely different to what I imagined (a rock)

They feel pretty soft as well

Any good?

Taylormade RBZ 10.5 driver, Taylormade Burner 2.0 15 deg 3 wood, Mizuno JPX800 19deg hybrid, Taylormade Burner 2.0 4-PW, Titleist Vokey 52,56,60 rusty wedges, Odyssey White Ice #7 360gm tour weight, Bridgestone B330S

Very good! Excellent performer and prepare to be amazed at how well they hold up in use. There's something about the yellow finish that just doesn't scuff (or at least just doesn't show scuffs) like the white ones.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Excellent

Are they pretty easy to see as well?

I am fed up with white balls going "grey"

Taylormade RBZ 10.5 driver, Taylormade Burner 2.0 15 deg 3 wood, Mizuno JPX800 19deg hybrid, Taylormade Burner 2.0 4-PW, Titleist Vokey 52,56,60 rusty wedges, Odyssey White Ice #7 360gm tour weight, Bridgestone B330S

If you can't find these, then you hit them off the planet. As you said, it's an entirely unnatural shade.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I got some and have played them and loved the feel. I need to do an apples to apples comparison with the Taylor Made TP Black LDP I have been playing, but, at first 'glance', I prefer the Srixon ball. Cover durability was my only issue. It's the least durable of the tour-level balls that I've played.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

Note: This thread is 4535 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!