IGNORED

Michelle Wie is HUGE

bnz506
Note: This thread is 5028 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

She attended an elite college prep school: Punahou School. Obama also graduated from Punahou. Here's the Wiki on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punahou_School
Cart Bag: AMP Xtreme
Driver: 460
3 Wood | 5 Wood: Diablo
Irons: (3-8) X18 | X Forged 9 & P
Wedges: X Forged 52 (12) | 58 (10) C-Grind Putter: Anser 4 i SeriesBall: Burner1978 - 93 - All Time Best - 84 or12 over in 1991.1994 - 2008 - Inactive2008 - Present - All Time Best 96 or 24...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The picture displayed by the OP is accurate. Michelle is about 6'1" or 6'2", Kerr is about 5'3" and Shin about 5'1". Look at the Solheim Cup photo. Lincicome and Creamer are about 5'10" and Gulbis 5'9" and Wie's still a lot taller than them. I have met all htese ladies and I'm telling there is no photshopping going on here.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Another photograph for reference (this one from the 2009 Solheim Cup):

Back to the topic of Michele Wie being huge (physically) - the real epiphany is,

"Who knew Cristie Kerr was so small?!?!?" PS. The OP's photo looks like it was taken using a wide angle lens which tends to distort the edges.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Anyway, I agree w/ what you're saying about how she got in, but once in, it's still kind of hard to "fake" your way through tough colleges, is it not?

Short answer: not really. To be fair, I think this only from personal experience as a current student at a top liberal arts college (but from what I hear, the top research universities are even worse). You can can a great education at any top-notch school. You can also be an idiot, slack off for four years, and graduate nonetheless.

I would say any school with a successful football program or any successful athletic program has an array of courses that could be considered "bird" courses. I am not saying all athletes are dumb jocks, but I would think that there are certainly stars out there that would not pass a normal class load. Vince young comes to mind...I don't know what he was taking in school, but if his wonderlic scores are any sign of his shool grades...he would be in trouble.

Agreed. According to

this LA Times article from a few days ago, Wie is a communications major, which seems a common route for athletes. We should remember that Michelle, even if she is a great student, needs ample time to practice golf -- so she may be forced to take an easier major with a lighter workload.
And she's still hot.

Well said. Sorry for getting so off-topic ...

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

The picture displayed by the OP is accurate. Michelle is about 6'1" or 6'2", Kerr is about 5'3" and Shin about 5'1". Look at the Solheim Cup photo. Lincicome and Creamer are about 5'10" and Gulbis 5'9" and Wie's still a lot taller than them. I have met all htese ladies and I'm telling there is no photshopping going on here.

I didn't realize the other girls were that small. Guess it is ligit.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

That pic almost looks fake.

It's gotta be photoshopped..Wie does not have legs that look like tree trunks...LOL..Fake!

.........In My Bag........
Driver = FT-IQ Tour
2,3,4 = Iron/Wood = Bazooka Jmax

Putter = T.P. Mills
Irons = A4 OS..Wedges = Pure Spin..Cart Bag = .....Stand Bag = Bennington

I have to completely disagree... That body is just... wow. I think the fact that she's a golfer must add some subconscious level of attraction. Maybe not, she's just hot.

She's that way in front of the camera EVERYTIME I've seen her. This isn't a one time deal we're talking about.

Oh, and Wie can look ALRIGHT on some days, but overall, I don't consider her that attractive at all.
I would say any school with a successful football program or any successful athletic program has an array of courses that could be considered "bird" courses. I am not saying all athletes are dumb jocks, but I would think that there are certainly stars out there that would not pass a normal class load. Vince young comes to mind...I don't know what he was taking in school, but if his wonderlic scores are any sign of his shool grades...he would be in trouble.

I fully understand what you're saying. What you said about Young can be said about a TON of college athletes.

However, the difference here is that Wie went to Stanford. Stanford is known for it's academics, not athletics.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

Wow, did any of you guys here her arguing with the official, when she CLEARLY broke the rules by grounding the club in the hazard?

Her arguement was first 'Well I closed my eyes and I didnt realize'.. Then it changed to 'I had one foot in the water, and had to ground it because I felt unbalanced'. Then she ended with a typical 12 year olds response, 'ITS NOT FAIR'...

I was half expecting a 'You like her better than me', out of her....

If there was a chance she was right, I could understand maybe arguing her point, but Wie was clearly in the wrong, and broke a rule that every golfer knows. You do not ground your club in a hazard. Its a pretty simple premise, and she broke that rule. As a professional, she should accept that she broke a rule, take her penalty, and move on. Instead she makes herself look like a crybaby on National TV.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Wow, did any of you guys here her arguing with the official, when she CLEARLY broke the rules by grounding the club in the hazard?

Yeah, that was embarassing. Actually got on here to see if anyone else caught it. She was obviously firmly balanced on that right leg, and even if she wasn't, all of her weight was on her right side and she was leaning away from her left side where she grounded the club. Made no sense.

If there was a chance she was right, I could understand maybe arguing her point, but Wie was clearly in the wrong, and broke a rule that every golfer knows. You do not ground your club in a hazard. Its a pretty simple premise, and she broke that rule. As a professional, she should accept that she broke a rule, take her penalty, and move on. Instead she makes herself look like a crybaby on National TV.

I think she just failed to think about the fact that her ball was still in the hazard after the shot, then tried to talk her way out of it. Had she gotten it out she would have been fine to ground the club. But totally agreed, be a pro and take your strokes quietly.

S9-1 10.5 Driver
S9-1 3 Wood
FT Hybrid 18 degree
X-14 Pro Series 3-PW
54.10 and 60.4 wedges Whitehot XG #9 Putter

• Administrator
That doesn't reflect well on Michelle, but it's not a big deal either. It sounded like rationalization after the fact to me - she seemed to be in balance just fine - but whatever. There's still a chance for Michelle to make this worse - or better - for herself.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Oh, I agree, its not a huge deal. But it would have been a good time to act like a professional and own up to the mistake. She clearly put the club head on the ground, and let it sit there. She knows better, and should have sucked it up.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

• Administrator
Oh, I agree, its not a huge deal. But it would have been a good time to act like a professional and own up to the mistake. She clearly put the club head on the ground, and let it sit there. She knows better, and should have sucked it up.

I'm disheartened to hear that the caddie said they'd fight it vigorously (or whatever wording he used)... I hope they'll change their mind. She's not winning anyway, and she'll still finish top 10 or something. Let it go. You can only lose ground here unless you say "yeah, my reaction under the gun wasn't great, but it was stupid and I agree with the officials. In the future I'll endeavor to pay a bit more attention."

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

She clearly broke the rules...with all the water and mud flying it was an honest mistake... but a rules breach. She should take her medicine and move on.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

so much for taking her medicine and moving on......

Do any of the officials have duct tape?

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

so much for taking her medicine and moving on......

Hahahaha, ya, I went upstairs to say hello to the wife as she was getting home, and I came back down because she's going to bed. As soon as I got back, I saw she was in the truck arguing with the officials. She just wont let it go. She's showing her age though, she definately sounds like an 18 year old girl.

Thats very not a fact! I is goez to Stanford.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

These guys are way too patient / nice.

S9-1 10.5 Driver
S9-1 3 Wood
FT Hybrid 18 degree
X-14 Pro Series 3-PW
54.10 and 60.4 wedges Whitehot XG #9 Putter

• Administrator
These guys are way too patient / nice.

Agreed. She's full of it. Her eyes were not closed - she watched the ball roll back down the bank.

She should shut up. And there's no way she was off balance, and even if she was, what she did with the club would not have kept her on balance. She sounds like she's trying to get out of a speeding ticket. I've supported her for her talent, but this level of stupidity is never something I've supported.

Agreed. She's full of it. Her eyes were not closed - she watched the ball roll back down the bank.

She looked pretty comfortable to me. Even for having one foot in supposedly cold water. The best part will be when she watches this 15 years from now and realizes (hopefully) how foolish she was.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Note: This thread is 5028 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!