IGNORED

Michelle Wie is HUGE

bnz506
Note: This thread is 5007 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have always heard how tall she was but i dont think ive ever seen her standing next to other players or atleast noticed it when she did, but this picture made me feel really short (im 5'4)

She looks like a GIANT

....oh go Ernie!!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6'1/2 is not that tall. 185-187 cm. Ernie is 191 if I recall correct.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

it's pretty tall for a woman.

It doesn't help if the rest of the women are small.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

I'd say it is for a woman! I personally don't see a whole lot of 6 foot women around.

Driver: Cleveland Launcher DST

Hybrid: Cleveland Mashie 3H

Irons: Cleveland Launcher

Wedges: Cleveland cg 15 46, 52, 56, 60

Putter: Odyssey tour black

Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

That pic almost looks fake.

Wie is really a full foot taller than Kerr? That would make Kerr like, 5'2.

Plus, study the pic. The more I look at it, the more I think something is up.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

I'm with you on that senorchip.

The photo does look doctored to me. It looks as if she's a foot+ taller than the other girls. That would make the tallest of them about 5'1". Something is up.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

I'm with you on that senorchip.

The question is, why would someone actually bother photoshopping a picture of Michelle Wie?Talk about wasting people's time.

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

The question is, why would someone actually bother photoshopping a picture of Michelle Wie?Talk about wasting people's time.

That came to my mind as well, but look at the damn thing!

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

yeah, that is pretty damn tall for a girl, with the exception of dutch women, in which case she'd be average height. i love tall girls.

I'm opposite. Give me a short, pettite girl anyday.

Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

According to Wikipedia Michelle is 6'1", Cristie Kerr is 5'3", and Jiyai Shin is 5'2".

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I was watching the LPGA tonight, after the Arnold Palmer. Michelle Wie fell apart of course, but damn that girl has a great set of legs! I like tall women, which is why I was originally attracted to my wife when I saw her playing softball for our university! She's about 5'11.5". Michelle Wie is definately extremely tall for a woman.

Wow, she needs to just shut up after her rounds though. The body wouldnt make up for having to listen to her every day.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

I was watching the LPGA tonight, after the Arnold Palmer. Michelle Wie fell apart of course, but damn that girl has a great set of legs! I like tall women, which is why I was originally attracted to my wife when I saw her playing softball for our university! She's about 5'11.5". Michelle Wie is definately extremely tall for a woman.

I wouldn't say she fell apart. She's only 6 back.

And yes, she can come across as being kind of an airhead. How she made it in an Ivy League school I have no idea.

Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

I wouldn't say she fell apart. She's only 6 back.

Stanford is not a member of the Ivy League, though it's said to be of the same caliber. I don't know if by "made it in" you mean "got accepted" or "didn't flunk out." She got accepted because of golf -- many students attending top-notch colleges or universities are average students who got in because of sports, family legacy, etc. She didn't flunk out because A) you can find easy classes anywhere and B)

grades at Stanford (and other top-level schools) are so high that anyone can coast through a non-science class and walk away with something in the B range. (The creator of the linked site is Stuart Rojstaczer, a former Duke hydrology professor who is now a leading expert on grade inflation.) Another photograph for reference (this one from the 2009 Solheim Cup):

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

Doesn't the WSJ or someone publish the top hardest courses in US universities?

Like organic chemistry or one I personally experienced, a computer science course (which makes organic chemistry look like a cakewalk) that involves NP completeness or the famous MIT computer science course with the red textbook that makes heads explode and has a high dropout rate.

I wonder how the historical GPAs for those courses look like. You could dumb down some of that material, but I wonder.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Stanford is not a member of the Ivy League, though it's said to be of the same caliber. I don't know if by "made it in" you mean "got accepted" or "didn't flunk out." She got accepted because of golf -- many students attending top-notch colleges or universities are average students who got in because of sports, family legacy, etc.

For whatever reason I mix Stanford up and think it's on the east coast and in w/ the Ivy League schools. Why, I have no idea.

Anyway, I agree w/ what you're saying about how she got in, but once in, it's still kind of hard to "fake" your way through tough colleges, is it not? I'm sure she was given breaks here and there, but you still have to do the work and pass the exams, no? But, who knows? She could be really book smart, but otherwise ditzy. I've met plenty of girls like that.....................

Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

Anyway, I agree w/ what you're saying about how she got in, but once in, it's still kind of hard to "fake" your way through tough colleges, is it not?

I would say any school with a successful football program or any successful athletic program has an array of courses that could be considered "bird" courses. I am not saying all athletes are dumb jocks, but I would think that there are certainly stars out there that would not pass a normal class load. Vince young comes to mind...I don't know what he was taking in school, but if his wonderlic scores are any sign of his shool grades...he would be in trouble.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

The body wouldnt make up for having to listen to her every day.

I have to completely disagree... That body is just... wow. I think the fact that she's a golfer must add some subconscious level of attraction. Maybe not, she's just hot.

As far as her being too dumb for college, I have to ask, how many of us have been interviewed in front of a camera for a world-wide audience after a round where we've essentially re-enforced the stereotype that we can't win? Of course my wife just said "did you know there's a 'U' in ibuprofen?" I'm numb to ditsy. I didn't see the interview so I'll admit I have no idea how bad it was... If it was that bad, I retract my comments. I do stand by the statement that until you're put in front of a camera don't assume you're yourself at the time. Maybe everyone else is a natural at this... And she's still hot.
What's in the bag...

Driver --- G15 9* Aldila Serrano
3 Wood - Sumo2 15* Aldila NV
5 Wood - Versus 19* Mitsubishi Bassara 83Irons ---- X-Forged 4 - PWWedges - Vokey S.M. 52.08, 56.08 & 60.08Putter --- Futura PhantomBall ------ Tour i(s)

Note: This thread is 5007 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!