IGNORED

Taylormade RAC Wedges

Note: This thread is 5135 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Dick's currently has them at 2 for $100. Anyone ever used one?

Tour Edge Exotics XCG-V 10.5*
Tour Edge Exotics XCG-6 15*
Tour Edge Exotics XCG-6 #4

Callaway Razr X Tour 5-AW
Nike VR Pro Forged Brushed Oxide 54-58
Yes! C-Groove Sally-12M Mid Counterbalance

I picked up a 56 and a 60 last year when they had the same deal - I don't like them.

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

I was thinking about getting a RAC Z TP, not the standard RAC.

in the bag

Driver: 909D2 9.5° Oban Devotion Shaft

3 Wood: G10 15.5°
Hybrid: 3dx RC 20° Ironwood 

4-PW: MP-57's S300

Wedges: 51° MP-T Black Nickel 56° Vokey Spin Milled 

Putter: Tracy II 35" Iomic Grip 

Ball: Pro V1x

I have the 56* Z TP Smoke.....and I know a lot of people on here don't like them, but mine is my favorite club in my bag (beside my Scotty). I have an original RAC 60* that I need to replace with the Z.

In my r7 bag:

Driver:r7 460
3 wood:r7
hybrid:burnerirons:320 serieswedges:TP Rac Z 56*, 60*putter:Circa 62 #3balls:prov1x

I think they look great but i've also heard from people that have them that they aren't happy campers.

2010 Staff Bag
2010 S2 Driver - Stiff - (-.5")
2010 S2 3 Wood - Stiff
2010 Baffler TWS Hybrids 3 & 4
2010 MP-58 5-PW Irons - (+.5") 2010 MP-T10 Black Satin 52° - 56° - 60° - (+.5") 2009 Black Carbon 2 Putter Winn Grip e6Photos of my bag Golf Galaxy Wisconsin Amateur Tour PlayerGolf...

Thanks for the input! I need to replace the wedges in the near future, but will probably pass on this deal.

Take a look at the mizuno mp-t quad cut I just changed out all of my old mizuno wedges for the mp-t and they are real nice.
Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

I used them....traded them out for some Vokeys, which got replaced by Callaway X-Tour Forged...which just got replaced by Nike VR Forged's....i like wedges!! :)
but the TM's were my least fav's of all of em
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

I just went to Dick's for a fishing license and decided to try out the RACs while I was there. They seemed alright, but I think I'll wait until I can afford some MP T-10s.

i have a 52* rac wedge that i got from dick's last year. to me it is far too light compared to most other wedges. not bad on distance, spin is average and the feel is ok not anything special. i threw a little lead tape on mine and its good now.

In my Diablo Edge Tour/ Titliest Stand Bag:
Driver: Nike VR Pro 8.5* w/ Myazaki 43g X
3 Wood: Nike VR Pro II 13.5* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X
5 Wood: Cobra S9-1 Pro 18* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21* w/ Prolaunch Red X
Irons: 4-7 Titleist 712 CB, 8-9 712 MB w/ TT Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: 46* Vokey SM4, 54* Vokey SM4, 60* TMade ATV

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Belly 43"

I got a 52* last summer from Dicks for $60. When I took it in to be re-gripped a week ago the guy who did the re-gripping told me they were going to be on sale for 2/$100. Guess he wasn't lying.

I like mine, but my wedge experience is not very varied. It does feel a little light compared to the other wedges I've tried, but I personally like that. When I did my online research last summer before buying mine, everyone I could find reviewed the TP very well; the normal RAC was also reviewed fairly decently.

My only complaint is that the 8* of bounce doesn't feel very prevalent. It's very easy to dig it into the dirt.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

I tried the RAC a few months ago when I bought my Tour Preferred irons, they felt a bit on the light side. In our country most bunkers are of heavy sand so a slightly heavier wedges is the way to go. I went for a pair of the Wilson Staff TW9 ..... 52* / 8 bounce and 56* / 12 bounce and I use the 52*/8 around the green, rough and really hard and/or wet sand and the 56*/12 for the softer sand.

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

The plain RAC wedges aren't very good, but the RAC TP's (Y=cutter grooves) are excellent. I've used both. It didn't take me long to replace the RAC with a TP.
Haven't tried the Z-cutter grooves yet. Ready for new ones though, as mine are a couple years old; Looking for feedback on the new, replaceable face versions. If they perform as well as the Y grooves they'll have a winner given you won't need to replace the whole club when the face wears out.

In my TM r7 Stand bag:
Driver- r11 10.5° Reg shaft

Fairway wood - r11 3 wood
Hybrids- r11 3, 4 & 5
Irons- M1 6-AW, xft 50, xft 54.12 , xft 60.08°
Still have / love my r7 CGB Max 6-PW, xft 50, xft 54.12, xft 60.08° which I keep in Myrtle Beach, Tommy Armour 855 Putter

Why would anyone buy anything but a Vokey or a Cleveland wedge?

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

I would suggest going to the golf shops and just looking around. Cleveland CG12 and CG14 models are selling at about $89, CG10s for less. Certain Callaway X-Forged and X-Tour wedges can be had for $69, along with some of the Mizuno wedges from a couple years ago. (Sorry I can't remember the model, but I don't follow Mizuno much).

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5135 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!