IGNORED

Official 2010 Masters Thread

Alex B
Note: This thread is 5128 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

That, I will agree with.

Close call for Phil there, a few millimeters from playing with Tiger tomorrow. They played well together last time at Augusta, so it could've been fun.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OHHHH! Phils putt hits the back of the hole but doesnt drop and there goes the Phil-Tiger pairing :(

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Projected cut at this moment is +3. With the leader in at -9 I guess not.

Um.... nobody is in the clubhouse at -9. Westwood and Poulter are tied at -8. :dohanim:

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

OHHHH! Phils putt hits the back of the hole but doesnt drop and there goes the Phil-Tiger pairing :(

Yeah, no disrespect to Choi, but I would have much rather seen Tiger/Phil or Tiger/AK paired together. Choi has been playing great though, so it should be an exciting group. I wonder what the pin placements will be tomorrow??

As a side note, did anyone see Tiger's press conference after his round today? One reporter asked him if he liked the position he was in. He had that smiling, kinda smirk-y look, and just said "Yeah, I like where I'm at" or something to that effect. I'm no mind reader, but I've got a feeling he sees Poulter and Westwood at the top, neither of whom have won a major, and thinks to himself "It's in the bag, I got these two guys, no problem". Kinda the same way Mike Tyson would think if he stepped into the ring with me

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

He had that smiling, kinda smirk-y look, and just said "Yeah, I like where I'm at" or something to that effect. I'm no mind reader, but I've got a feeling he sees Poulter and Westwood at the top, neither of whom have won a major, and thinks to himself "It's in the bag, I got these two guys, no problem".

I think Tiger's confident but no way he's dismissing either of the two Englishmen. Especially after what he went thru with Yang last year. Having said that, I think he prefers the course play with more difficulty versus how it played in day 1, and because of the difficulty that should be there tomorrow I bet he's confident.

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing Yang v Tiger II on Sunday. Yang has beaten him twice. 3rd is always the charm.....

2010 Victory Red Staff Bag or Nike 2011 Performance Stand bag
Driver: Titleist 910 D3 with Diamana Whiteboard 83X (44")
3 Wood: SQ2 15° w/ Diamana Blueboard 83X (43")
5 Wood: SQ2 19° w/ Diamana Redboard 83X (42")
Irons + Wedges Nike Victory Red Pros 3-PW 52 56

LOL The FAA ordered the plane that was flying the Tiger banner to stay grounded until it fixes one of its seatbelts. its amazing the power of the people at Augusta.

Alternately, make sure your ducks are in a row before doing something that will upset someone powerful.

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing Yang v Tiger II on Sunday. Yang has beaten him twice. 3rd is always the charm.....

Man, I forgot about the 2007 HSBC win. I remembered the 2009 PGA, clearly, and people were asking about the other after that. But the third time was the 2009 Presidents' Cup, where Tiger won.

Still, I'd like to see Yang do well. I think all of us who didn't take up the game as kids want to see him do well.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I'm predicting a Ricky Barnes-Ian Poulter final pairing on Sunday.

What's in my bag:

Driver: R7 CGB Max, regular shaft
4-wood and 7-wood: :: Launcher, regular shafts
4-iron to A-wedge: X-20, regular steel shafts56- and 60-degree wedge: forged, stiff steel shafts, vintage finish, MD groovesPutter: Circa '62, No. 7, steel shaft, 35"Ball: NXT Tour or ProV1(x)...

For anybody outside the US (like me). You can access the streams at cbssports.com and masters.com by going through a US proxy. There are several ways to achieve this. There are free proxies out there but most of the ones I have tried have been pretty saturated with users.

There are several commercial companies that offer VPN services however that allow you to proxy all your traffic through their servers. Most companies have a server you can choose that is physically in the US. This enables you to bypass the IP-based checking on the sites.

So if you absolutely positively have to be able to do this, it is not only technically feasible but quite easy. The downside is that these services cost something like 10-20$/month depending on the service.

As a side note, did anyone see Tiger's press conference after his round today? One reporter asked him if he liked the position he was in. He had that smiling, kinda smirk-y look, and just said "Yeah, I like where I'm at" or something to that effect. I'm no mind reader, but I've got a feeling he sees Poulter and Westwood at the top, neither of whom have won a major, and thinks to himself "It's in the bag, I got these two guys, no problem".

I doubt Tiger's stupid enough to presume he has it sown up after 36 holes.Especially with the likes of Westwood and Poulter up there, and Phil closeby.Lee Westwood has some serious ability.If he keeps striking it like he has been, and getting his GIR's, he could easily win.He's come very close in enough Majors now to figure it out.It'll be his chipping that 'causes him problems if anything.And Ian Poulter, probably not the most naturally gifted golfer out there but he has bucketloads of self belief and mental strenght, which goes a long way.His ballstriking looks pretty good this week too.A WGC title is just a step below a Major and will have given him all the confidence he needs.And we all know what Phil can do at Augusta.So I highly doubt Tiger is counting any chickens yet.He's probably just pleased to be playing so well after a long layoff.

A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

Does Couples really have a chance?

No, he's already leaning on his back. Watson will finish higher than Boom Boom

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Tiger's most likely to win this at this point. Moving day today so we will see how it all shakes out. I'm still hoping AK can pull this off....what a boost that would give him. It would also make future majors more fun to watch knowing he's been there and done that and could do it again.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

He has to stop making bogeys if he wants to win.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Lol, I thought Tiger was going to keep his outbursts under control.

Well, at least it's not F-bombs and javelin tosses into the crowd. Baby steps, right??? Hey, work with me here, just trying to keep it positive

-  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

Not F-bombs? I thought I heard him saying F*** after his tee shot into the par 3.

On the approach into the par 4 he said "Dammit! Tiger, come on".

Not F-bombs? I thought I heard him saying F*** after his tee shot into the par 3.

Talkin about that last par 3?? I thought I heard him, with clenched teeth, say "Tiger Woods, you suck! GODDAMMIT!" Kinda reminded me of Happy Gilmore, actually

I think I just heard Phil say "OH SH!T" after a bad shot. Was actually really funny, but the announcers didn't comment on it.

-  -  - 

Note: This thread is 5128 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!