IGNORED

What Does Great Contact Feel Like to You?

live4u120
Note: This thread is 5131 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Feels like butter!

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

Irons, just a crips feeling, a very light soft feel to the hit.

Funny, my irons have a bloods feeling, very gansta like (nice pop). :)

Personally it feels like I'm hitting a rubber ball, not a golf ball. It amazes me how much different good contact feels compared to my average contact. I'd love to hear what it feels like to you guys, ball flight and all.

That's exactly how it feels to me, like you've just hit a rubber ball, the flight is high and it lands nice and soft with little to no roll on the green

It feels like I just hit a lump of soft butter, and the ball soars effortlessly through the wind.

OoOoOo. . .I'll bet that feels nice. Oh yes, now I remember. Hmm....a pured shot feels solid, effortless yet powerful with a unique vibration. I find that the muted crack @ impact between club + ball then ground is oh so sweet. Oh then as the ball shoots off the face, the fizzing sound that it makes when it bores through the wind is aural bliss. It's a shame that I rarely hit one pure. :D
You don't know what pressure is until you've played for five dollars a hole with only two in your pocket - Lee Trevino

MP-600 @ 10.5°
Insight BUL 3-wood @ 15°
Insight BUL 5-wood @ 18° IDEA a2 4i Hybrid @ 23° MX-25 5-PW MP-R Series 52° > 50°/05° MP-R Series 54°/10° MP-R...

I feel the clubhead compressing the ball - really juicing it - for a split second. For a fleeting moment, I feel the club moving through the ball. And, a full follow-through and balanced finish follows.

For some reason, I'm most likely to feel it with a fairway wood or a short iron.

Also, it's more pronounced with GI clubs than UGI clubs. When I test hit the X20 Tours and X22 Tours, the few I hit square really felt superb. But, I don't have a good enough swing to play them regularly.

On the X20s, a solid hit feels OK - I can tell it's probably going to be good - but nothing like a juicer with the Tours.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Off the irons it feels like the ball is compressing and just flying off the club face with a little draw. Off the driver I can certainly feel the trampoline effect of the driver. When hitting wedges, it's about the same as a regular iron except when I look at the club, there is part of my ball left.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

Feels like butter !
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

To me the best shots are the ones you can't feel at all. When you swing that club and all you hear is the "click" of the ball off the club head. You know you hit it flush in the sweet spot when you feel no vibration from the clubhead, through the shaft and to the hands.
In My cleveland.gif Executive Cart Bag:
Driver: taylormade.gifTour Burner 10.5* | cleveland.gifHiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Woods: cleveland.gifLauncher Comp 3W | Hibore 2i Hybrid
Irons: mizuno.gifMP-60 3-PW | cleveland.gifCG4 Tour 3-PW | Wedges: cleveland.gifCG10 56* and 60*
Putter: odyssey.gifWhite Hot XG #9 | bushnell.gifPinseeker Medalist Rangefinder | First Coast Golf Courses

For both irons and drivers, I feel a little crisp 'snick' when the ball meets the clubface and then feel the ball jump forward. There's no interruption to swing momentum at the point of contact (or even when making a divot, which surprises many high handicappers who haven't hit a 'true' ball yet) - everything just moves smoothly to follow through. When you hit a ball that well, you don't even need to look up to know exactly where it's going.

I get that feeling on far too few shots every round...but these rarefied purer shots keep me coming back.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

For both irons and drivers, I feel a little crisp 'snick' when the ball meets the clubface and then feel the ball jump forward. There's no interruption to swing momentum at the point of contact (or even when making a divot, which surprises many high handicappers who haven't hit a 'true' ball yet) - everything just moves smoothly to follow through. When you hit a ball that well, you don't even need to look up to know exactly where it's going.

Well hold on... When I strike a ball with what I feel is clean, the swing is interrupted by impact, and I have a very slow follow through. Could this be caused by a steeper angle of attack? Maybe that's why I make large deep divots. Anyone got any suggestions?

My hands feel like they never made contact with the ball.

R9 10.5 Aldila Voodo Stiff
S9-1 3W Stiff
Baffler 20 Degree
AP2 (3-PW) KBS Stiff
Vokey Design (52,56,60) Redwood

Great contact to me feels like the ball isnt there at all.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Wow, that's a loaded question.

Here's a paradox: the better the contact, the less you actually feel it. No vibration, no clunking sensation... Kinda like hitting a marshmallow.

Cheers,
DoctorK

Competitive golf is played mainly on a five-and-a-half-inch course... the space between your ears.
~~Bobby Jones~~

With an iron, definitely feels like I hit a rubber ball, no vibration at all and it almost feels like there wasn't a ball there at all. Hybrids, it feels like the club crushed the ball. Again, no vibration, but it feels like the ball compressed against the clubface and mashed it. Same for 3 and 5wd.

Driver, for me, is a little different. Again, no vibration in the shaft, but I get an almost "dead weight" feeling as the clubhead absorbs and rebounds the ball a bit I guess, and then you immediately see how much faster the ball speed is versus just a "decent" shot. Of all three, I like the feel of a pured hybrid best, feels like the ball is getting pummeled...

Driver: i15 8* UST Axivcore Red 69S
3w: CB1 15* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum 75s
5w: G10 18.5* UST V2 HL
3h: HiFli CLK 20* UST V2 Hybrid
4h: 3DX 23* UST V2 Hybrid5i-pw: MX-23 TT Dynalite Gold S300GW/SW: RAC 52*and 56*Putter: SabertoothBag: KingPin

Its as though the ball were never there. Or like someone said, hitting a rubber ball (such as an I-got-it ball). It seems as though the ball just jumps right off the club face and I can feel the club head cutting through the turf with a slight resistance, but great ease. It feels completely effortless and I know immediately that it is going to be a great shot.

Note: This thread is 5131 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!