IGNORED

My Swing (saevel25)

saevel25

• Administrator
2 hours ago, saevel25 said:

It’s kind of stupid. I feel like it should slice off the planet. I look up and it’s maybe a slight push. 🤣

You've heard me say that one of my feels is that the ball will go 45° right… and it doesn't. At all.

Just make sure you remember HOW crazy that feel is, because… it may feel that extreme for a long time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

Got some short game and putting practice in the other day. 

Pitching, trying to keep things wider, less wrist hinge to start the pitch. Trust the setup is going to do a lot for the type of shot. If you open the clubface up, you do not need to try to keep it more open with the hands. A bit of release can happen. 

Putting, I was using the line on the ball to get a sense for alignment again. Then I went back to using an intermediate target. I was also trying to keep the putting stroke much more compact. What helped a lot was making sure the forward stroke of the putt finished about the same length as the backstroke of the putt. It felt more abrupt, but the speed control was better. At one point, I made 4 18-FT putts in a row. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

So, trying out different feels with pitching. I find feeling my right hand controlling the movement to produce better results. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

So, the struggle right now with the driver is that I’m dipping down with the body, shallowing wrongly. 

When I try to get my arms down, I end up not turning much at all. End up hitting the sweeping overdraws or if I dip with the body then I’ll hit massive pushes.

I’m trying to turn better with the body and also get the arms down at the same time. Easier with the irons than it does the driver.

also, here’s an image when you almost entirely missed the ball. 🤣🤣🤣

IMG_2700.jpeg

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

so with the driver. Feel more arm  width at A4. keep an in the eye on the ball. The first move from the top is lowering the hands down. Don’t mix that up with looking up at the target as the club comes down from A4 with the body. Feel like I get width with the arms from the chest in the Downswing.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

So, after seeing this thread.

I added a bit of this back into the swing. Whipping the club back. So it feels like all the speed for the backswing ends at A2. Giving the hands/arms time to slow down and stop, then rip it from the top of the swing. 

The swing felt more athletic, way better flow than before. Contact was a bit off because it does change the timing. I hit the best 8 iron in a while, and the best drive this year. Ripped a 3-wood out of the rough, 270 yards to pin high on a par 5. 

Being slightly off, and that my short game is not hurting me, but not sharp. Throw in my putting is not sharp. Not like I am three putting, but I am just two putting every hole. Scoring is not there yet. 

I like where things are at and heading right now. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag