IGNORED

My Swing (saevel25)

saevel25

Hmmm, I was hoping to get at least criticized and questioned for what I said with the ideal goal being thanked for pointing some interesting things out. But since I've gotten ignored, I guess I'll bow out of this thread. Cya.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hmmm, I was hoping to get at least criticized and questioned for what I said with the ideal goal being thanked for pointing some interesting things out. But since I've gotten ignored, I guess I'll bow out of this thread. Cya.

I read through your whole post, and my putting compared to the PGA tour players looks very unbalanced. Also if you read my comment below yours, you can see that I did consider your post by saying that I try widening my stance. That in it self is an application of part of what you posted.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

I read through your whole post, and my putting compared to the PGA tour players looks very unbalanced. Also if you read my comment below yours, you can see that I did consider your post by saying that I try widening my stance. That in it self is an application of part of what you posted.

OK, my bad.

You didn't quote me, so I thought you were just talking about something else.

I'm not used to giving putting tips, so I was curious to see how my thoughts held up in the court of public opinion here, but was surprised when no one quoted anything I said to call me out on anything.

Constantine

OK, my bad.

I'm not used to giving putting tips, so I was curious to see how my thoughts held up in the court of public opinion here, but was surprised when no one quoted anything I said to call me out on anything.

Yea I can see that. Don't worry about it. I am sure people putt in many ways. I know Erik has said the best putters have a few trends, mostly with how the putter acts during impact. I am sure some set up things can help promote a better putting stroke, but not sure I would call "Must Do". I do appreciate your opinion on it. I don't know much on putting myself, so I wouldn't be able to elaborate any further.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

I think widening my stance might help a bit.

You could definitely do that, but again, Snedeker and Charlie Wie stand narrow like you do and generally are good putters (to my knowledge).

Putting is so subjective in that way. I'm jealous you get to work on a SAM this weekend. That'll be a blast.

Sorry for the misunderstanding though. Quote me next time, and also, don't feel obligated to quote everything I say now just to keep me happy :-D

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

OK, my bad.

Yea I can see that. Don't worry about it. I am sure people putt in many ways. I know Erik has said the best putters have a few trends, mostly with how the putter acts during impact. I am sure some set up things can help promote a better putting stroke, but not sure I would call "Must Do". I do appreciate your opinion on it. I don't know much on putting myself, so I wouldn't be able to elaborate any further.

Right, right. People are just starting to film their putting strokes around here, so I'm in the same boat as you as far as wealth of knowledge goes on this subject. To be honest, when I post instructional stuff, a lot of it is to test the waters to see if my instincts are even on the right track with anything. I really enjoy looking for commonalities and trends among good players and then comparing them to what we amateurs do to see if I can spot anything glaringly different.

Anyway, good luck this weekend. I hope it goes well, which I'm sure it will. :beer:

But yea, I'm not gonna lie. It hurt my feelings when no one quoted anything I had to say here LOL.

Constantine

Well no league match tonight. At exactly our first tee time, the heavens opened up with a deluge of water. With in 10 minutes the practice green was a small pond.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
Well no league match tonight. At exactly our first tee time, the heavens opened up with a deluge of water. With in 10 minutes the practice green was a small pond.

Even God didn't want to look at your putting stroke any more than he has to.

Bwah ha ha ha ha.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Even God didn't want to look at your putting stroke any more than he has to.

Bwah ha ha ha ha.

I don't blame him. He was showing some mercy today not letting me putt!!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator

I don't blame him. He was showing some mercy today not letting me putt!!

BTW, Kahkwa's greens are in great shape and running fast.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

BTW, Kahkwa's greens are in great shape and running fast.

Awesome, love fast greens. Less of a crappy putting stroke I will need!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Even God didn't want to look at your putting stroke any more than he has to. Bwah ha ha ha ha.

Which putting stroke makes the good lord want to vomit more, @saevel25 's or mine? Fingers crossed!

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

• Administrator

Which putting stroke makes the good lord want to vomit more, @saevel25's or mine? Fingers crossed!

Yours is better by now isn't it?

Yours is better by now isn't it?

Maybe! ;)

Nate

:tmade:(11.5) :touredge:(2H) MIURA MB-101(3-PW) :mizuno:(52/56/60)

:odyssey: :snell: 

Kinda sucked tonight. Was hitting the ball good on the range, especially the driver. Then the driver decided to go 180 on me.  I was hitting good push draws on the range.

Hole 1: block cut

Hole 2: Block Cut

Hole 3: BLOCK (ball started 30 degrees from were I was aiming, just absurd)

Hole 5: Huge Push Draw, more of a Push Hook.

Hole 6: Push Draw (YAY!!!)

Hole 7: 3-wood, Big block right

Hole 9: Slight push

Clearly my swing path is way TOO inside out.

Went back to my Mizuno's tonight. YAY For being able to keep the ball from going into orbit!!!

Irons were so-so. I am still hitting them too left. I curved a PW 10 yards right to left with too much draw. Swing path is still shitty. I tried to open my stance on that PW one as well. Contact is good, just Keys 4 and 5 are messed up right now.

Putting is much better, except for the fact the greens were STIMP 8.5-9.0, and I played STIMP 11 on sunday!!! Lets just say anything longer than 20 feet was coming up WAY short tonight.

Pitching was much better. Keeping those knees from dipping down, and getting less flippy with the club really helped.

Back to working on the backswing piece.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Putting sucked for me today too, but part of that was only some of the greens had been mowed and rolled. So the speed was crazy different from hole to hole. Is there any difficulties switching between irons or are the distances pretty much the same just with different height? It's strange to hear you are hitting out to the right because most times I've golfed with you your typical miss is a big swing to the left. Maybe we will both get our swings somewhat back to normal by the time we get a chance to play together again.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Putting sucked for me today too, but part of that was only some of the greens had been mowed and rolled. So the speed was crazy different from hole to hole. Is there any difficulties switching between irons or are the distances pretty much the same just with different height? It's strange to hear you are hitting out to the right because most times I've golfed with you your typical miss is a big swing to the left. Maybe we will both get our swings somewhat back to normal by the time we get a chance to play together again.

Both of those misses are the same swing, just face angle. The big miss left is a snap hook, which is just an extreme inside to out swing path with a very closed club face.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Both of those misses are the same swing, just face angle. The big miss left is a snap hook, which is just an extreme inside to out swing path with a very closed club face.

Ah, which explains why the clubface control key is one of the main issues. Gotcha.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter