IGNORED

My Swing (saevel25)

saevel25

Look at your left leg dude.

The hips is too far to target.

When you push on left leg it does not induce rotation.  It can't from there simple physics and you've been doing it a long time.

Forget my post I don't give a sh!?

No wonder you can't rotate.

Hogan clearly gets enough lateral shift and has his hips more open. Should he have taken your advice?

Hoga.jpg

7 minutes ago, Jack Watson said:

When you push on left leg it does not induce rotation.  It can't from there simple physics and you've been doing it a long time.

You might want to check out this thread. 

Look at every PGA Tour player. They have 95%+ weight onto their lead foot and they still rotate 30+ degrees open at impact. They slide their hips more towards the target than amateurs do. Amateurs do not get their weight forward enough onto their lead foot and they do not get nearly that enough rotation at impact. So PGA Tour players get the weight onto their lead foot and still achieve rotation. Apparently they are breaking physics. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Last post EVER FOR ME IN THIS OCD THREAD.

Look at Hogan

IMG_1844.thumb.PNG.1c490c722980da74bfa7780e74085b86.PNG

Look at your position.  Left leg.

Its totally in a different alignment.  

Sorry for yelling and pulling down your thread.

I will never comment towards you again.  IMO you think too much.  

I truly wish you success in golf.

2 minutes ago, Jack Watson said:

IMO you think too much.  

That, I already know. That still doesn't dismiss that my swing goes from shallow to steep and it causes me consistency issues. 

1 minute ago, Jack Watson said:

I truly wish you success in golf.

Thanks!

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

38 minutes ago, Jack Watson said:

Look at your left leg dude.

Forget my post I don't give a sh!?

No wonder you can't rotate.

Dude, what's with the animosity? I haven't been following the conversation, but it would seem that your post is a bit much, no?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

1 minute ago, Ernest Jones said:

Dude, what's with the animosity? I haven't been following the conversation, but it would seem that your post is a bit much, no?

It's alright @Ernest Jones. I just informed him that I didn't want a prolonged discussion in my thread. He didn't particularly like that I dismissed him that quickly. I apologize if he took offense to that. No need to call him out more on it. 

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
51 minutes ago, Jack Watson said:

@Jack Watson, not sure what "push on the left leg" means, but if you mean extending the left knee, that encourages rotation.

Also…

01.jpg02.jpg03.jpg

The list goes on…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Hitting big push draws to snap hooks and push cuts. My PW is starting 5-10 degrees right with a big curve to it. The shot ends up 10-15 yards short of the yardage. 

I'm hitting all my short game shots off the toe. I had two shots were the ball went about 30-40 degrees right. It almost looked like a shank, but it's just a massively opened club face and a toe strike. 

IMG_1142.JPG

At least my putting is picking up some slack. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

DTL 9 Iron - Just went to the range after playing 9 holes. Much better contact at the range. 

In this video I am trying to keep the club head more in front of me and shallow it going into A4

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Played in a scramble today. 

Driver - snap hook or push slices. 

Mid Irons - toe push draws or pull draws

Short irons - pull draws

Distance wedges - pretty solid

Pitching - old bad habits, needs work. No pivot, dragging hands through impact. Lots of low pulls or thin shots. 

Putting - pretty solid. 

No idea why I'm hitting snap hooks while hitting pull draws with my irons. 

The game needs work. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

No idea why I'm hitting snap hooks while hitting pull draws with my irons. 

Why the confusion?

You know what I've told you to do.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 hours ago, iacas said:

Why the confusion?

I don't get why the driver will start on the right side of the fairway and hook hard left. If it didn't do that then it would start way right and cut a bit. The irons would start slightly left of target and draw slightly. These are two different swing paths, no? I could be wrong. 

5 hours ago, iacas said:

You know what I've told you to do.

Yea I know. 

I have gone back to working on the backswing stuff primarily. 

When I do better at that, I then try to work on moving my hands out at the ball to shallow the club.  

It didn't take me long to get my pitching somewhat back to where I want it. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

• Administrator
4 hours ago, saevel25 said:

I don't get why the driver will start on the right side of the fairway and hook hard left. If it didn't do that then it would start way right and cut a bit. The irons would start slightly left of target and draw slightly. These are two different swing paths, no? I could be wrong. 

If your path is 10° out…

• With a face 1° right, the ball starts about 3° right, then hooks HARD.
  • With a face 13° right, the ball starts right and cuts/fades/slices.

Both have a path right.

Path contributes somewhat to the starting direction of the ball.

4 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Yea I know. 

I have gone back to working on the backswing stuff primarily. 

You know?

Make the longest/fastest swing you can make where the ball is hit solidly and has a good flight.

Don't worry about the mechanics that much.

That makes sense 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

A better range session this afternoon. 

The only adjustment I made was to stand a bit further away from the ball, and be a bit more on the balls of my feet versus my heels. Besides that I just made swings that would insure solid contact and not F'd up ball flights. The swing felt 60%-ish. 

I was able to hit some very good pitch shots again. Standing a bit further from the ball helped here as well. 

The good things is, I was able to hit my hybrid off the ground solidly again!! :dance:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

Things are getting better. Range sessions had a lot more better strikes than bad ones. I focused a lot on making sure I am set up far enough away from the ball. Overall things were better. 

• Distance Wedge shots and pitching: Much better. I am getting back to were I want it to be. Though I tend to pull the distance wedge shots slightly. I can straighten them out by feeling like I swing out more at the ball. 
  • Low to Mid Irons: Much better 
  • Long Irons: Not so good, there seems to be a big difference between my 7 iron versus my 6 thru 4 iron. Not so much in terms of ball flight path, but just more so in terms of quality of strike (fat/thin). I need to focus more on quality of strike. 
  • Hybrid / 3 Wood: Getting Better. I'm not topping them anymore. Overall they've are heading towards the target with out much crazy curve to the ball. 
  • Driver: Not so good for most of the shots. So, I decided to add a backswing thought to this one. I tried to feel the club flatter at A4. I wanted to be able to swing out more at the ball. Once I did this I started hitting the center of the club face more and took a lot of curve off the ball. 

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

11 hours ago, saevel25 said:

Things are getting better. Range sessions had a lot more better strikes than bad ones. I focused a lot on making sure I am set up far enough away from the ball. Overall things were better. 

• Distance Wedge shots and pitching: Much better. I am getting back to were I want it to be. Though I tend to pull the distance wedge shots slightly. I can straighten them out by feeling like I swing out more at the ball. 
  • Low to Mid Irons: Much better 
  • Long Irons: Not so good, there seems to be a big difference between my 7 iron versus my 6 thru 4 iron. Not so much in terms of ball flight path, but just more so in terms of quality of strike (fat/thin). I need to focus more on quality of strike. 
  • Hybrid / 3 Wood: Getting Better. I'm not topping them anymore. Overall they've are heading towards the target with out much crazy curve to the ball. 
  • Driver: Not so good for most of the shots. So, I decided to add a backswing thought to this one. I tried to feel the club flatter at A4. I wanted to be able to swing out more at the ball. Once I did this I started hitting the center of the club face more and took a lot of curve off the ball. 

Your story with the long irons sounds very familiar! Keep grinding and go with what Erik suggests - sometimes it's good to lose all the thoughts and just let your body find its way back to the golf ball. 

...then look at the video and cry :-P

On 26/07/2017 at 0:41 AM, saevel25 said:

6 Iron - DTL
Maybe I am on my heels again. Not sure, but the club looks too flat at address here. 

The main thing that stands out to me here is the club being across the line at the top of the backswing - perhaps this is just because this is one of my priority pieces to sort, but Preston has suggested trying to shorten the backswing a bit to stop the angles breaking down. 

I'm sure the last thing you need is another thought, but wondered whether it was anything you'd looked at in the past?

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

1 hour ago, b101 said:

The main thing that stands out to me here is the club being across the line at the top of the backswing - perhaps this is just because this is one of my priority pieces to sort, but Preston has suggested trying to shorten the backswing a bit to stop the angles breaking down.

Ah, the backswing length, my nemesis :-P. I agree 100%. The good thing is I can feel the momentum of the club carrying on in the backswing when my turn stops. I am more aware of it. I've done a halfway decent job this year keeping the swing shorter with the irons. A lot of it is at A3 to A4, letting the club head continue on. I have most of my turn done by A3.5. The rest is just over swing by A4.

Yes, I need to shorten the swing, and flatten it a bit. That is more of an offseason winter project.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag