IGNORED

Quail Hollow Championship

acj990
Note: This thread is 5122 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Off the Tiger train for a minute....Where did Billy Mayfair come from. Good to see him playing well. Seems like a good guy.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His mind is elsewhere...like on his scrap-heap-of-a-marriage. BTW, why does TGC continue to use valuable time to show his horrible game? Screw him.

Because his horrible game is intriguing to most considering the phenomenal golfer he is (or, to save argument: at the very least he once was).. It's like if Peyton Manning had a 5 INT game... Pretty sure that'd be a top story on Sportscenter. Why is TGC any different?

In the Sasquatch Bag:

Driver: R9 460cc 9.5°
Hybrids: Big Bertha Diablo 21° 24°Wedges: SV Tour 52° 56° 60°Irons: Power Max TRX Ion Control 5-PWPutter: tm100 Tour PreferredBall: e6

Off the Tiger train for a minute....Where did Billy Mayfair come from. Good to see him playing well. Seems like a good guy.

Sorry to get right back on the Tiger train.. Just tired of haters

creating reasons to hate (as if Tiger hadn't already given them enough already)

In the Sasquatch Bag:

Driver: R9 460cc 9.5°
Hybrids: Big Bertha Diablo 21° 24°Wedges: SV Tour 52° 56° 60°Irons: Power Max TRX Ion Control 5-PWPutter: tm100 Tour PreferredBall: e6

Because his horrible game is intriguing to most considering the phenomenal golfer he is (or, to save argument: at the very least he once was).. It's like if Peyton Manning had a 5 INT game... Pretty sure that'd be a top story on Sportscenter. Why is TGC any different?

Yeah, alright.

Tiger will always be in the center of attention, that's what we get from the world's best.

1: He's in contention, of course the cameras are on him
2: He's just out of contention, he has done amazing things before, could happen again
3: He's playing sensationally bad, like today, how often do you see Tiger play this bad? Surely the cameras have to get some of that

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Anothony Kim 5 back going into the weekend. See if he can get a stretch going tomorrow!

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

Short, but seemingly sincere interview from Tiger.

AK can whoop up five shots in five holes if he gets it rolling.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Enough about Tiger. How about Billy Mayfair? He hasn't won in 12 years, lost his tour card last year, had to catch a red-eye to Charlotte from New Orleans early Monday morning just to qualify for this event—and he's the leader after 36 holes.

And as a reflection upon the woes of a certain Mr. Woods, Mayfair's leading the field in driving accuracy.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Enough about Tiger. How about Billy Mayfair? He hasn't won in 12 years, lost his tour card last year, had to catch a red-eye to Charlotte from New Orleans early Monday morning just to qualify for this event—and he's the leader after 36 holes.

nice to see him there but i expect him to drop back sometime this weekend

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Billy Mayfair is accurate. He doesn't hit the ball a country mile.

Poor Kenny Perry, worse 2nd round than Woods. From near the lead to bottom in one round.

Carry Bag, experimental mix-- 9* Integra 320, TT X100 Gold shaft
MacGregor Tourney 2-iron circa 1979

High grass club: #5 Ginty
Irons: 3,4,8,9 Cleveland 588P RTG Proforce 95 Gold shafts
Hogan fifty-three Hogan 5612

Ping Kushin

Billy Mayfair is accurate. He doesn't hit the ball a country mile.

Hadn't seen KP's score yet. Hate to hear that. At least he won't be front page news.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

One of the great things about this sport -- a guy like Mayfair who seemingly is an after thought on tour given the last couple of years and he goes out and plays like this through two days. Hope he can continue.

I'm not a beat the dead horse type of guy, but Tiger wasn't even ordinary today. He was plain bad.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

• Administrator
It isn't Hanks fault Woods won't listen to him, you can clearly see Woods dip his head and you know for a fact Hank has told him that

Nah. The problem is that Tiger IS listening to Hank Haney. Hank's days are numbered. I wouldn't be surprised if he's been fired already. Tiger just hit the Bluetooth button in his car on the way to the airport and said "Fire Haney."

Looks to be the 7th missed cut for Tiger.

I think sixth as a pro. Second inside of a year, though!

All he can hit now are big cuts and pull-hooks. When he takes the club really far outside he drops it way too far under and then has to save it. He doesn't want to get stuck, but he gets stuck more now than ever.
10 to 1 he pulls out of that tournament citing shoulder injury that Nick Faldo mentioned.

Uhh.... You owe us all 10.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Nah. The problem is that Tiger IS listening to Hank Haney.

Must confess I was amazed when it came out that he'd gone to Hank Haney. I have, personally, never been tempted to buy a Hank Haney teaching course. Leadbetter, yes (I got over it) but Haney - no. Nothing I've seen has impressed me; rather the opposite. For his own rep, he might be tempted to bail out and salvage whatever is left.

That duffed shot out of the bunker was appalling, unbelievably BAD. Amazed that it got on the green at all.

Note: This thread is 5122 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!