IGNORED

Does Nike Golf Recognize an Ace Made Using Their Equipment?

Fairway_CY
Note: This thread is 1076 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As I posted on Sunday night... I made my first career ace earlier that day. I was told by a few guys in the clubhouse that I should contact the manufacturers of the equipment I was using when I made the hole-in-one and they'd possibly send something in recognition. I believe there was also a thread here about it, but I cannot find it.

I was using a Callaway Warbird Plus golf ball... and a Nike Slingshot Pitching Wedge at the time. I've already contacted Callaway via their website, but I cannot seem to find any information about Nike doing anything for hole-in-one shots.

If anybody has contacted Nike about this in the past, I'd appreciate the appropriate contact information.

Thanks in advance!

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So have you the hole in 1 on video??

In my Sport II cart bag or my R9 stand bag
Irons-Tour burner R/5-Sw,60 lob wedge z groove
Driver-R9 Supertri R/10.5
09 Hybrid #3 R/19
09 Hybrid #4 R/22Putter-Method 001,Length : 34 Ball-Those round white ones...

So have you the hole in 1 on video??

It was on the evening news - didn't you see it? Why would he have it on video?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

It was on the evening news - didn't you see it? Why would he have it on video?

Seriously... how relevant is that? Do YOU record every shot?

Actually, I thought MAYBE it was going to be on video... but the guy who DOES video didn't have the camera rolling at that point. But, anyway... there were 7 witnesses (not counting myself as a witness, of course). CY

Career Bests

Hey, congrats man!

Thanks!

CY

Career Bests

As I posted on Sunday night... I made my first career ace earlier that day. I was told by a few guys in the clubhouse that I should contact the manufacturers of the equipment I was using when I made the hole-in-one and they'd possibly send something in recognition. I believe there was also a thread here about it, but I cannot find it.

Nike has a thing on their site, or used to, regarding a hole in one story and certificate. . .

Well, not there any more. Looks like Tiger took it with him.

Meh, just another reason not to use Nike products...

Because you know, I plan on an ace in the near future.

Oh wait... No I don't. Good news!

In all seriousness though it'd be a shame if Nike doesn't honor that sort of thing, I like how some (if not most?) companies do because it gives a more personal feel to me as a golfer knowing these huge corporations still care about the little guy. It's nothing more than that though, since I really don't plan on an ace anytime soon Guess I can keep the Nike gear.

In the Sasquatch Bag:

Driver: R9 460cc 9.5°
Hybrids: Big Bertha Diablo 21° 24°Wedges: SV Tour 52° 56° 60°Irons: Power Max TRX Ion Control 5-PWPutter: tm100 Tour PreferredBall: e6

You can contact Nike and Callaway, but they will tell you that, A hole in one at Jack & Jill's miniature golf and arcade doesn't count, sorry

You can contact Nike and Callaway, but they will tell you that, A hole in one at Jack & Jill's miniature golf and arcade doesn't count, sorry

LOL

Don't hate... CY

Career Bests

I couldn't find it on their website because they redid it recently but I am 100% sure that there used to be something about a hole in one on nikegolf.com. You would get a metal bag tag or something. I'm sure if you contacted them they would steer you in the right direction.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• 4 years later...

Meh, just another reason not to use Nike products...

Because you know, I plan on an ace in the near future.

Oh wait... No I don't. Good news!

In all seriousness though it'd be a shame if Nike doesn't honor that sort of thing, I like how some (if not most?) companies do because it gives a more personal feel to me as a golfer knowing these huge corporations still care about the little guy. It's nothing more than that though, since I really don't plan on an ace anytime soon Guess I can keep the Nike gear.

Seriously?  This would drive your decision making if a company didn't "honor" something that there was no offer when you bought the equipment?  And if you believe the companies that do is anything but marketing and PR you're as naive as your comment.  It has nothing to do with "the little guy".

It was 4 years ago, and pretty sure he was joking...

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

It was 4 years ago, and pretty sure he was joking...

Yeah, my bad....didn't pay attention to the dates, just saw the post above that brought the thread to the top. Oh, well...my comment is still valid.

• 6 years later...
8 hours ago, C Jay34 said:

I have a hole in one at walden country club, Crofton,MD 13 May 21 hole #6 129 yds

1. Congrats! You should claim it in the announcements thread to get your badge.

2. this thread has been dormant for 6 years so don’t be disappointed as I’m not sure that your post will garner a respond from those previously participating. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Note: This thread is 1076 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!