IGNORED

Is it Worth it to Buy a Ball Retriever?

Note: This thread is 4032 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was interested in getting a nice

If you think it is important than you should buy one. It sure helps with not buying as many balls. Do I carry one? and I do not critize those that do.

Thanks for the help and advice guys. I'll probably buy a cheaper one seeing at it won't get you anymore balls that the one.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

No. Wait till you get one as a present. Though I still haven't bagged the one I received (A Calloway with a headcover).

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

I personally think it's bad karma. It's like saying, I know I'm going to to hit awful shots....

Carrying a spike wrench does not mean I know my spikes will loosen,

... umbrella ... rain, ... bandaids ... cut, ... sandwedge ... bunker, ... spare balls ... lose a ball, ... the list goes on ... 8-) I'll just restate: as long as it doesn't slow play. Retrievers also come in handy if your ball ends up in a boggy area or in a roped off area of ground under repair. A retriever is just another tool in some people's bags, any tool can be usefull, any tool can be abused.

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

Every time i turn around my playing buddy is fishing for golf balls,ive putted out before and still waiting for 5 mins at the pin,until he's finished ,if you want to fish go down the beach...lol...now lets play some golf...

In my Sport II cart bag or my R9 stand bag
Irons-Tour burner R/5-Sw,60 lob wedge z groove
Driver-R9 Supertri R/10.5
09 Hybrid #3 R/19
09 Hybrid #4 R/22Putter-Method 001,Length : 34 Ball-Those round white ones...

In the last five rounds how many times would you have had the opportunity to use the ball retriever? I would rather spend the money on new golf balls. simply avoid the water and trouble

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

In the last five rounds how many times would you have had the opportunity to use the ball retriever? I would rather spend the money on new golf balls. simply avoid the water and trouble

Exactly,if it goe's in the drink it can stay there..lol

In my Sport II cart bag or my R9 stand bag
Irons-Tour burner R/5-Sw,60 lob wedge z groove
Driver-R9 Supertri R/10.5
09 Hybrid #3 R/19
09 Hybrid #4 R/22Putter-Method 001,Length : 34 Ball-Those round white ones...

Carrying a spike wrench does not mean I know my spikes will loosen,

And we all know that the surest way to keep it from raining is to carry an umbrella.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I would not get a ball in that water even with the retriever though. I would mostly use it for out of bounds areas.

I carry a cheep retriever and I love it. For you guys who say that it takes too long......have you seriously every used one?? It takes me about 30 seconds to yank it from the bag, extend it and get the ball. If you're that impatient then PLEASE do not play behind me.......and for that matter.....give up the game because it's all about patience!! What do you do when you hit it in long rough?? Not look for it?? I will bet you anything that you spend more time looking for your ball in the rough than it takes me o fish a ball out of the water.....

I also get a kick out of people that say it's an admission that you're going to hit in the water. For the love of god...gt off your high horse!! Yeah....i hit it in the water....and so do you, if carrying a retriever gets in your head.....then again....give up the game!

While I'm at it..... I read a few posts of people saying "I hit a bad shot.....I deserve to lose that ball"...... WHAT?!?!?! Why is that again????? Let me ask you.... If you hit a shot and it just trickles into the water but you can easily get it with your iron...do you leave it?? No, you don't....so why not 'punish' yourself?? Or leave it behind?? I get such a kick out of some of these responses!!

With all of that said.... if somebody is holding up play because he is fishing for balls....than yeah...that's dumb and asking for trouble. But if you're fishing your ball out of the drink....i think I can afford a fellow golf lover a few seconds to get his ball!! We all do it when someone hits it in the trees....why not the water?!?!

What's in my bag:
Superquad Driver
19* and 22* Rescue Hybrids
4-PW MP 57 Irons
CG14 52* Gap Wedge CG12 56* SW CG12 60* Lob Wedge CO3-hI push them around with my Linksmen X-7 cart.

I hate people who are always impatient. They are always in a bug rush. I don't see why. They should enjoy the course.

Is the Callaway retriever engineered with fighter jet technology?

In my Nike Sport Cart Bag:
Driver: Burner SUPERFAST TP 10.5*
3 Wood Burner SUPERFAST
5 Wood SQ Dymo
Irons(4-GW) SZ Vokey Oil Can 56* 64* TP WedgePutter Oz Mallet 6Ball: ProV1x

Is the Callaway retriever engineered with fighter jet technology?

You also have to yell really loud when you get your ball

I know on the Callaway Tour i ball commercial they melt down a F-22 Raptor into a golf ball, thought maybe they did the same on the ball retriever...and people talk crap about Taylormade's advertising!

In my Nike Sport Cart Bag:
Driver: Burner SUPERFAST TP 10.5*
3 Wood Burner SUPERFAST
5 Wood SQ Dymo
Irons(4-GW) SZ Vokey Oil Can 56* 64* TP WedgePutter Oz Mallet 6Ball: ProV1x

I got a ball retriever for Christmas. I've used it a few times. I used to not care since I would play any old ball. But now I've settled on using a consistent ball - Titleist NXT Tour. Not as expensive as ProV1 but still $30 a box. I was happy to pull my ball out of the creek the other day

I have one my wife got me for Christmas when I started golf, my mates all took the Mick, that was until I fished their balls off the top of the frozen lakes at Christmas :) I always carry it and as said by many just use it to get mine and my playing partners balls out of water.

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

I use a retreiver all the time. If someone is behind me, I let them pass or just not pick up unless it is just at the edge and easy to get. I never slow someone else's play. I get slowed down mostly by someone in front of me looking in the woods for their ball, not from someone fishing one out of the water. My course is sometimes relitively vacant during the week and I will pick up many balls that are OB or water bound. I also play many 'found' balls and sell other balls back to the club.

I know on the Callaway Tour i ball commercial they melt down a F-22 Raptor into a golf ball, thought maybe they did the same on the ball retriever...and people talk crap about Taylormade's advertising!

lol, I thought it was a "Hammer" reference lol

Note: This thread is 4032 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!