IGNORED

Upright vs. Flat

Note: This thread is 5132 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Upright, Flat, or standard?

• Upright
    • Standard
    • Flat

I've been playing with standards for over 2 years, just got fitted for some Callaways and ended up needing +2* upright. I hit 10 consecutive swings on the lie board all at the toe. My miss is a hook with my current clubs, never had an issue with slicing. Ever. I need to hit my current clubs off a lie board and check to see if it's the same. I'm kind of worried now, if it is more upright won't I pull the ball more??

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Um, no, the opposite. If it's on the toe, you need an upright club, and vice versa.

thanks all. =) im gonaa try the electrical tape thingy. would it work the same at a range? with hard mats?

07 Burner regular flex. (my dads-doing wonders with it) :D
supersteel burner steel shaft strong 3 wood
R7 draw 5 wood
Rapture 4-pw uw. Red dot. <3
56 deg sw60 deg Cg14 white steel two ball putter penta golf shoes. =D

The thing is though it can change if you tweak your swing at all. I tweaked mine a little and now I am standard lie, so I dont need any bends. Got fitted twice with same results.

It doesn't change as much as you think it does. Impact is pretty much always going to be your arms extended and parallel with the club, and the hands leading the club by a certain amount. You can change your lie angle a bit, but you'd be hard pressed to change it a lot.

It depends on the manufacturer. My current clubs are standard, my last set was 2º upright. Funny thing is, they are within .5º on each club, some are the same. From my research, the standard has gone upright a bit in the last 10 years or so.

Yea, i had the same thing. My nike slingshot irons are set at 2 inches longer and 2 degrees up right and my tourstages are 3 inches longer and 4 degrees upright. Weird how it works

In my Golf Bag...
Driver: Taylormade Burner 07 10.5 Degree w/ V2 76g Stiff
F/way Wood: : Bridgestone J33 15 Degree w/ Aldila NV 85g Stiff
Hybrid: Titleist 909H 19 Degree w/ V2 89g Stiff
Irons: Tourstage X-blade 05 3-Pw w/ True Temper Black Gold StiffWedges: Titleist Oil Can Vokey 09 55 and 60...

Yea, i had the same thing. My nike slingshot irons are set at 2 inches longer and 2 degrees up right and my tourstages are 3 inches longer and 4 degrees upright. Weird how it works

Not really, Nikes are about 1° upright compared to other brands. Just keep in mind there is no "standard" lie, length, or loft for any club in the bag.

It doesn't change as much as you think it does. Impact is pretty much always going to be your arms extended and parallel with the club, and the hands leading the club by a certain amount. You can change your lie angle a bit, but you'd be hard pressed to change it a lot.

yea thats probably correct to an extent. I was thinking about how I needed two degrees flat for that first fitting and being 5'9 I probably have my hands hung to low at the address and then I follow that plane when I swing so I was watching some lessons on proper position at address and sure enough my hands were low causing me to be flat. I fixed it which was very easy actually and I follow that plane now which feels slightly more upright and onplane and more natural. Got fitted twice at two different places after working with it and found Im standard lie now.

Note: This thread is 5132 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!