IGNORED

Clones broke!!

Note: This thread is 4957 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Or maybe you can run along and learn to play to better than a 12 handicap, and quit worrying about what other people are playing.

Oh snap, no need to be mad.

I think choosing the clubs is like cars. No one respects the guy in the Honda Fit, but it is cheap and efficient , But we also dont really give a hoot bout the dude in the vette, even though if we all had the money we'd get one too.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to walk away from this thread, but I strongly disagree with this statement. What is the purpose of selling a club like this:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with trying to establish the equivalence. Wrong is trying to mislead someone into buying your club with the belief that it's made by Ping or Callaway or what-not. Trying to convince the consumer that your knock-off is just as good as a Ping is completely, 100% legitimate. It may be false, but so are most of the pitches made by the big names (see my reference to the TaylorMade slogan). Advertising is distasteful as hell, but the clone manufacturers are hardly the worst of 'em on that count.

The bottom line is you don't get a deal when you purchase clone sets. You pay $200-$300 too much, because they

That's silly, First of all, most advertising is "deceptive" if that's your definition. Second, who decides which manufacturers get to compare themselves with which others? They're free to compare themselves to anyone they like, and if they can convince you that they're as good as a brand with a good reputation, they'd be crazy not to. I seem to recall that Titleist likes to remind you that they compare favorably with the other ball manufacturers, that TaylorMade mentions other manufacturers in their ads, etc. It's the same thing, except that you happen to feel that Titleist is "on par" with those other ones. Finally, a "deceptive sales practice" would be misleading you about the materials they use, it would be making up a test result demonstrating some quality of their equipment, or it would be fabricating a testimony. From some of the posts above, it's not that hard to believe that they could find someone who'd honestly compare their product positively to the big guys, so I really still don't see the problem.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Or maybe you can run along and learn to play to better than a 12 handicap, and quit worrying about what other people are playing.

Shanks, your words cut me like a knife, you expose my one weakness

Still, I'd bet my trouser snake trumps yours. Anyway, one's index has suddenly become a measure of the validity of one's opinon - is that the best you can come up with? If that's the case, there's a couple of other guys here, both lower than you, who are against the rip-offs and component sticks - I guess you should run along and learn to play better than a 6.7 before you offer any more of your wordly wisdom? In your heart of hearts, you probably know you're wrong (else you'd list a bag full of component / rips / clones), but you're in too deep to let go.
In the bag...

G10 9° Driver
G10 17° 4 Wood
G10 21° Hybrid i15 4-PW Tour-W Wedges 50/12 & 56/10 Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Balls - Bridgestone B330-RX

Shanks, your words cut me like a knife, you expose my one weakness

I can't believe I'm saying this . . . but he was fit for all his sticks, and he seems to have trusted those fitting sessions the the point where, yeah, if that was the suggestion, he probably would be sporting a bag-o-pongs. I think the people who actively support a company ripping off another brand and riding on the coat tails of it's good reputation are very misguided. I don't put Shanks in the group of people who really want to be gaming new Callys or PINGs, but they're cheapskates, but their numbers seem to be too high to ignore. It's sad to see companys that are creative, turning out quality original designs like Nickent going out of business, while Pine Meadows and Gigagolf are thriving. They're in the black, and that's the bottom line.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

This thread is rediculous. First of all, a lot of club buying is mental. If you think you will like a club, chances are you will end up liking that club. Second, companies, like the P10G maker, are deliberately trying to conjure up an association in your mind to associate their clubs with Ping ones. If not, they would come up with their own designs. They are not trying to deceive you (seriously, who who make a several hundred dollar iron purchase and mistakenly buy the P10G irons), but more they are trying to make a subconscious connection in your brain, that tells you their clubs are just like the Ping ones. Sometimes, these "clones" are made using the same metal, the same process, and in the same plants. Sometimes, they are just cheaper knockoffs (see, counterfeits) that are much lower quality, and their performance reflects that. And some clubs bear a slight resemblance to other irons (think of those P2 clubs someone posted and the slight resemblance to the RAC irons) which is done because the manufacturer likes a certain design, and decides that they think they ca do it better. That is what has been done to the Anser putter. Karsten Solheim never used CNC milling, or complicate face mill mars, or inserts (to my knowledge on that one, I could be wrong), or adjustable tungsten weights. But since his first model people have taken the design and run with it. Some have simply copied it, but those are usually the ones that are worse quality and don't sell as well.

Yeah, I was gonna add that. Of course, Integra makes forged heads in the USA (which no OEM does), but those must be inferior, right?

What happened to 17-4 is 17-4 is 17-4? Now being forged in the US makes them better?

Let me ask you this, would you rather your car made in the U.S., or China? The clones and the OEMs are made in the same factories in China.

If buying a US made car means buying a Chrysler or GM car........ (I'll give Ford their due, they make good cars)

Hey junior, you're nothing but a whipper-snapper - probably never been kissed, kicked or run over? When you've lived a little and have something decent to say - not an infantile "STFU" - come back and play with the grown ups.

And that invalidates his argument? No way, you are the one being a baby, and because you can't find a point of his to argue you go and attack his validity because of his age. What a joke.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well its not entirely on the subject but I did have something break recently(friday) at the range. My driver. My kmart special nitro driver that i had actually gotten to like very well apparently was not very durable. I was finishing up at the range, doing ok, hitting my last few with the driver and whoosh, the head snapped off and flew about 50 yards. I went and retrieved it, throwing around the idea of replacing the shaft but i doubt i will though I do like how i was hitting it, putting in a new shaft would cost more than buying another driver like it. I secretly thought that since I now had a driver I could hit pretty good something would probably happen to it and it did. No surprise but I have 3 other cheap drivers to choose from, well 2 that i would actually use. One has too many battle scars from being my first and looks like it was used in grand theft auto to smash windshields.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

If only you had simply mentioned from the get go that you had a broken ferrule you needed replacing!? Extolling the virtues of your rip-off pings was unecessary detail that has only served to increase the entertainment value and highlight the stubborness, nay naivety of a handful of forumers.

Simply a price issue. I found a heck of a deal on the Ping G10s. Even if I buy them and sell them, I make a couple hundred.

LIVING A DREAM
BOWLING GREEN STATE UNIVERSITY #56

Simply a price issue. I found a heck of a deal on the Ping G10s. Even if I buy them and sell them, I make a couple hundred.

Making a couple of hundred is a reach, sounds like a bargain regardless.

http://valueguide.pga.com/detail-exe...t/b/Ping/m/G10

Driver:  the search continues
Fairway Wood:  Ping G25 3W Tour stiff
Hybrid:  Snake Eyes Q4U 19*, 23*
Irons:  Ping G25 5-UW w/CFS X-flex  (on order)
Wedges:  685BX black 56*      Putter:  Wilson Staff 8882 

You will not believe what some people pay on Ebay, they are truely ignorant.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

If buying a US made car means buying a Chrysler or GM car........ (I'll give Ford their due, they make good cars)

He asked if you would rather have your car made in the US or in China. I drive a Toyota truck and am proud to know I supported jobs right here in the USA, as that's where my car was MADE.

And that invalidates his argument? No way, you are the one being a baby, and because you can't find a point of his to argue you go and attack his validity because of his age. What a joke.

That's hillarious haha, this is the guy who attacks the style of how people "debate" (discussions are too uncivilized) and he resorted to that. Nice catch. I had a British friend who had lived in America since he was five, but was somehow still very stubbornly British. Wore ManUtd jerseys every day, different color, etc etc etc. That's fine I'm all for culture, he wore a kilt one day, I thought it was actually pretty badass, anyways he was a good friend of mine and constantly insisted on argueing everything. Reminds me a lot of Kingfisher. At first look, looks really smart and validated. At close look, is really just an idiot who enjoys pushing people's buttons and is constantly trying to be "right" regardless of the viewpoints of others.

In the Sasquatch Bag:

Driver: R9 460cc 9.5°
Hybrids: Big Bertha Diablo 21° 24°Wedges: SV Tour 52° 56° 60°Irons: Power Max TRX Ion Control 5-PWPutter: tm100 Tour PreferredBall: e6

Reminds me a lot of . . . pushing people's buttons

Such is the interweb.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Yeah... They are definately going for closer to $500 on ebay.

LIVING A DREAM
BOWLING GREEN STATE UNIVERSITY #56

Whole lotta mis-informed folks here.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Whole lotta mis-informed folks here.

This thread is a perfect storm of Bias, Ignorance, and •••••••s....

This thread is a perfect storm of Bias, Ignorance, and •••••••s....

Coming from the 2 guys playing clones.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

Coming from the 2 guys playing clones.

Really bro? You know me? I would put you in the bias, ignorant, and ••••••• category from what you've shown in this thread.

I play cavity backs because they fit my game the best now. When I'm ready for players irons, I'll move on the Players Irons. You think I don't know anything about OEM? You don't think I haven;t hit OEM? I own 2 sets of Titliest irons. I own Callaway Hybrids, I own Nickent Drivers and Ping Putters. I own Cobra Woods. I can speak to the quality, workmanship, and value of OEM and GigaGolf. Can you? Have you ever hit a GigaGolf club? You simply don't know. You have a biased opinion and are really ignorant to all the facts because you choose to ignore them. But it's all good bro. You have your opinion, I have mine. I'm not losing sleep over someone that's ignorant.

Nuck, I really didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. But let's call a spade a spade... I'm not out to attack anyone playing clones, the discussion for the most part has revolved around the idea of branding a clone to imitate the real thing.

I don't doubt that Giga Golf makes a solid alternative, in fact, their 510 blade looks nice and I bet it is. They certainly aren't counterfeit, or "cloned" from OEM irons however, I wish they'd let their product stand alone rather than relying upon relative association with a name brand club. Look at my posts... this is has been my intention.

As far as the "bias and bullsh*t comment," I was merely pointing out that the only people in the thread that share your opinion play clone clubs... that's bias right there.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

No hard feelings at all man.

Really the thing that is aggravating me the most is when legitimate Component manufacturers are lumped in with the Counterfeits, and I think it's a line that is so fuzzy it's easy to get confused. I am against Counterfeits, totally. They are illegal and no different than buying a watch from under a guys coat in an alley. But Component makers are simply put, a GREAT alternative for guys on a budget looking for custom clubs. Sure you can get Used Callaway's for the same price as a set of GigaGolf. But they will not be fit for you, they will be stock everything, and in fact the shaft will probably be lower quality than what you can get from GigaGolf. My clubs from GigaGolf got the shaft flex I needed for my swing, my proper length of shaft, and the lie adjusted for my stubby arms, something I couldn't have gotten buying a used OEM.

As far as GIgaGolf is concerned, they are in a sort of transition. They no longer sell a lot of the direct comparison clubs they used to, and are trying to stand alone on their own name. You can tell in a lot of their newer models of drivers and hybrids. They'll probably always be a clubmaker that never debuts new tech, or radical new designs. For one they don't have the budget, and for two they don't have the exposure or capital for a risk/reward like that. But for what they are, they are one of the best. Custom fit, high quality clubs, featuring the same tech that the major OEM's offer.

Also I just like to argue. It's why I make such a good High School Teacher

Note: This thread is 4957 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!