IGNORED

Your Favorite Driver?

Note: This thread is 3597 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It may be because I'm still in the honeymoon period, but I have more confidence with my new R11 than any other driver I've had.  I absolutely love it, the sound, the feeling of impact, everything about it brings up my confidence level with it.  It might be because as I was demo'ing it, my first shot ever with it was just the longest and straightest shot off the range.  It just started out with confidence and I never looked back.  I am a Callaway player too, so this is not coming from a biased Taylormade guy or anything.  I just love that R11!!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taylormade Burner SuperFast 1.0 with a Re Ax 55 shaft cut down .75".  I just got it (as detailed in another thread) and the thing is pretty nice.  It is everything you could want in a driver: accurate, light, distance, and relatively cheap at $139 at dicks.  Got it wrapped with a Callaway grip that is my favorite grip (the one that shows you where to put your thumbs).  Bought it a few days ago and it kills in practice.  First round with it is today at 330.  I have the hybrid SuperLaunch and it is my favorite club.  The SuperX line from Taylormade has taken 4-5 strokes off my game (switched from 2006 Nike hyrid and driver).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've had great experiences with Ping drivers.

I had a Ping G2 for three years that was fantastic...until I cracked the face of it.  Currently I hit the Ping i15, and thanks to the lower spin rate I'm consistently 25 yards longer off the tee than I was previously with my Titelist 907D2.

Ping i15 9.0 (UST Mamiya S)

Cobra X-Speed 4+ Wood (Aldila S)

Cobra Baffler 3-Hybrid (19)

Mizuno JPX-825 Pro (4-GW) KBS Tour S

Cobra Rusty 55 SW

Cobra Rusty 59 LW

Never Compromise Gambler (34")

• 2 years later...
  • Administrator

I still very much enjoy using my Titleist 913D3.

Thought I'd revive this thread… what's your favorite driver?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

For feel, I love Titleist drivers. Though the SLDR is very close. Totally different feel but I enjoy both.

Right now Its hard for me to find a driver that beat the performance of my Taylormade SLDR TP driver. For me, performance matters more than feel.

So the winner for me is the SLDR driver as my favorite.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

R11s. Had it for a couple of years now and love it. The face is getting kind of beat up from range balls but if I buy a new one I am pretty sure it is going to be the R11s again. I cannot imagine hitting a different one.

James

Nike sumo2 haha since getting rid of it maybe three years ago iv gone through a callaway diablo octane tour, cobra amp and now a nike covert. For some reason the old sumo hit so many fairways for me even with that god awful sound

Right now, my Callaway FT OptiForce 440.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I am enjoying the heck out of my Adams Super LS/ Kuro Kage Black right now. I have acquired a Sinister Golf Agent Orange/ Fujikura EXS to try next.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

The only driver I ever really did well with was also the only driver I ever had a "fitting" for *quotes because it wasn't a true fitting but best that was available back then*. Tour edge bazooka, I don't have it anymore due to all my clubs getting stolen at one point. I wish I could remember the name of the irons I had at that time too because I really liked them.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Probably my current driver, Cobra Bio Cell+. I had a TaylorMade r7 SuperQuad for years that I loved.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Probably my current driver, Cobra Bio Cell+.

I had a TaylorMade r7 SuperQuad for years that I loved.

What ever happened to the gr3nade??

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Seeing as how I'm a single man again, maybe I'll have extra disposable income to pick up some fitted clubs.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Seeing as how I'm a single man again, maybe I'll have extra disposable income to pick up some fitted clubs.

Sorry to hear that, did golf win out? :whistle:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Sorry to hear that, did golf win out?

Nah, other issues, long standing ones. But that's not the issue here, I obviously just need you to sell me whichever set of irons you don't want to use anymore for $50 so I can buy a custom fit SLDR driver. :banana:

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Note: This thread is 3597 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!