IGNORED

Big Break Sandals Resort

kennay92
Note: This thread is 5000 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What about Ryann?

I just don't think Ryann has what it takes. Kind of a fake cockiness air coming from her. I think she's the next one to go after Seema. :p

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Carling just has a lot of self confidence. She seems fun, cool and super cute and not to mention a good golfer. Guys get intimidated I guess when a girl just tries to have some fun and not be a meek little mouse. A lot guys are self absorbed themselves maybe you should look at yourself first. She has been goofy, funny and a little ornery but not malicious. I am hoping she sticks around til the end, I don't know if I would continue watch without her.. If there is a girl with a sour attitude, I would say it is Ryann but I only know her from the show and she may not handle stress well.

ValleyDude, no doubt Carling has confidence, supercute, good golfer. I never said she should act like a "meek dlittle mouse," and trust me dude, I'm far from "self-absorbed." I never said she was evil or anything, what I meant was her confidence is prancing in the other girls faces. Which is good for ratings. IMO, you are wrong about Ryann having a sour attitude....she is focused and pretty matter of factly goes about her business. I think she is the best golfer on the show (at this point).

In My Datrek Bag:

Driver: R9-460 9.5°
Woods: Burner 15°
Hybrids: Burner 3,4,5Irons: G10 Gap - 5 ironWedges: cg15: chrome, 56° 60°Putter: Studio Newport 2GPS Unit: Push Cart: 2.0

really... Ryann? I'd say she has one of the most competitive and strongest personalities on the show. I'm willing to put my money down that Ryann will move further than Carling.

So we basically agree? < what you said is what I was saying.....except for the dance thing, which was passive agressive...no?

In My Datrek Bag:

Hybrids: Burner 3,4,5Irons: G10 Gap - 5 ironWedges: cg15: chrome, 56° 60°Putter: Studio Newport 2GPS Unit: Push Cart: 2.0

ValleyDude, no doubt Carling has confidence, supercute, good golfer. I never said she should act like a "meek dlittle mouse," and trust me dude, I'm far from "self-absorbed." I never said she was evil or anything, what I meant was her confidence is prancing in the other girls faces. Which is good for ratings. IMO, you are wrong about Ryann having a sour attitude....she is focused and pretty matter of factly goes about her business. I think she is the best golfer on the show (at this point).

I have to disagree, Carling is much more talented imo. She is confident with her shots. Ryann doesn't have it or the game. Ryann appears a little too catty and lets a lot get to her. Like I said she will be gone in two shows.

I have to disagree, Carling is much more talented imo. She is confident with her shots. Ryann doesn't have it or the game. Ryann appears a little too catty and lets a lot get to her. Like I said she will be gone in two shows.

You do realize that Ryann recently won on the futures tour in an event that Carling was in (I believe...or was it somebody else), right?

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I never said Carling wasn't talented...and you might be right (with the SAVE/SEND feature) Ryann might be gone in two shows. From what I've seen, they've both hit some pressure shots. Kudos to Carling for that chip on the Par 5.

Anyway, I think Ryann is one of the more talented players on the show and probably the longest hitter, with some good tournament experience. Not that I'm rooting for her to win, necessarily, I just think she's a pretty talented and determined golfer. I will keep watching, no matter who gets voted off....and I hope its not Carling and Sara. That would make for a good final, cause it seems (producer editing perhaps) that they don't like each other.
In My Datrek Bag:

Speaking of the Save/Send twist this year....what are everyone's thoughts on Carling's turn with that?

That new feature turns this into "Big Brother" or "Survivor" with all the "gameplay" stuff.

FWIW, I thought Sara (one of my favs) kind of jumped on Kelly (was that her name that saved Sara) for making the comments about I saved you yesterday....lighten up a little. I thought it was a joke.

Anyway, thoughts on the Save/Send?
In My Datrek Bag:

You do realize that Ryann recently won on the futures tour in an event that Carling was in (I believe...or was it somebody else), right?

That is fine but I am just saying out of my opinion. Carling may be all show and not as good as I think but just as a lot guys like different girls for looks, I see the talent differently. People that are good golfers win tournaments over better golfers all the time so I find that point mute. I think Ryann can play but I think nerves will get her.

Ok where are my "come up ins" Brandon?

On another note......Carling looked really fine in those white capris...

When was the last time you saw a "professional" golfer at any level completely whiff on a shot? For every great shot I see one of these young ladies hit I see five that are absolutely hacktastic!

Driver: VRS 9.5 degrees

Fairway Wood: 13 degrees
Hybrid: A3 19 degrees

Irons: i20's  Yellow dot

Wedges: Vokey's 52, 56 & 60

Putter: 2 ball

Ball: Penta; ProV

Recently found the show, and i think its pretty cool. The operative word being pretty........

Varsity_Golf
A four foot putt to win never gets any less terrifying.
-David Feherty

If I ever get happy with myself for finishing 12th or 15th, someone needs to put my clubs away and I'll take up tiddlywinks.
-Ian Poulter

Ok where are my "come up ins" Brandon?

I guess you're saying that since Ryann was eliminated, it proves she's wasn't talented enough (which was your original comment). Her winning on the futures tour already proved that she's one of the more talented players on the show. I'm not sure why anybody would root against a strong player winning.

Anyhow, as I said a couple times now, the stronger players are always going to be in elimination and I predicted one would go home pretty early. It looks like arguably the most talented golfer went home today. It sucks, but she found herself in elimination and that's the risk of being there: a chip in eagle beats you, as does a tap in birdie. She didn't play well enough to avoid elimination, so she can only blame herself. Brandon

When was the last time you saw a "professional" golfer at any level completely whiff on a shot? For every great shot I see one of these young ladies hit I see five that are absolutely hacktastic!

That hole was embarassing. She even hit a friggin sand wedge from 230+ yards out from a good lie because she was so shook up over it.

Then the next hole she hits 3 perfect shots to eliminate one of the favorites. Brandon

Ryann definitely blew it. She should've gone for the green in 2, if she's such a long knocker. I am a bit surprised that the girl from KY knocked it stiff! But, just like Sara chipping in....there is luck involved. Seema advanced, on her own merits, so....anything is possible. In all the Big Breaks I've seen, lthe best player doesn't always win. James Nitties didn't win, and I don't know if he was the best on that season, but he's been doing well on the PGA tour.
In My Datrek Bag:

This is probably the least interesting BB yet, and it highlights the trend of a show that has lost its way. This latest one is about how good they all look in a bikini, as if who cares. There's no one who makes me want to tune in. None of them seem to have personalities that come off the TV set, which is what you need for a successful show. The challenges are boring. (Remember in the first BB when the guys went to a two-lane country road to see who could hit a golf ball the farthest down it? That was fun!)

The early shows had it. They were full of quirky people who you had to tune in to watch to see what they would do or say next. But the show that started BB on the downhill slope was the one that Tommy Gainey won. Since then, the contestants have been pretty bland, with a few ringers thrown in. Remember BB Mesquite, when Robert, the one who wanted to win so badly and was eliminated in the fourth or fifth show? The remaining contestants were nice guys who just played the challenges and the show was as boring as could be.

It seems now that the show is revolving around sponsor tie-ins (I know, they have to pay the bills) and contestants who don't have a TV personality. And there's no blame with that. Few people do. But you think the producers would look for them and get them on the show, because this isn't a golf show. It's a soap opera. It needs unusual personalities and we aren't getting them.

And I have had up to HERE with the "open the door" metaphor. "Well with that shot, Belinda leaves the door open for Roxanne to win the challenge." AAARRRRGH! I think the next person who says that should be fired. On the spot. I can see why Stina Sternberg says it, because English isn't her native language, but come on. Find a new way to say it. Please!

OK, I'll stop now.

Note: This thread is 5000 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!