IGNORED

Most Annoying Playing Partner(s)

c. lassiter
Note: This thread is 4502 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I played with this kid in a match last season that wasn't too good, and expected way too much of himself. He had a serious anger problem, he literally chucked his club about 40 times and knocked his bag over about 10 times (one time it almost fell in a lake! haha). Oh and that was just a 9 hole match.
S9-1 Offset 10.5*
S2 3-W
S9-1 5-W
CPR Rescue 3 Hybrid
AP1 IronsVokey Wedges 56* and 60* Ghost Putter                                                                     Low Score l 71, Par 72 Tiffany Greens (6 Birdies/5 Bogeys)

yeah thats pretty standard for the first year of golf
i was like that well... well not that bad

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
9.5 09 Burner with prolaunch red
Nickent 4dx driver
Taylormade Z tp 52, 56, 60
YES Carolyne putter

I played with this kid in a match last season that wasn't too good, and expected way too much of himself. He had a serious anger problem, he literally chucked his club about 40 times and knocked his bag over about 10 times (one time it almost fell in a lake! haha). Oh and that was just a 9 hole match.

Yeah I kinda forgot about "that guy". It makes me feel uncomfortable, and it can be hard to enjoy your round, which sucks if it is a good one that you should be enjoying.

i used to get pretty furious too, thrown a couple balls in the lakes/woods, thrown a headcover from the green back to the cart.. but nothing that extensive lol

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

Its pretty standard for most golfers who start hitting the ball solid, but then regress a little bit and need some help to take the next swing progression step

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
9.5 09 Burner with prolaunch red
Nickent 4dx driver
Taylormade Z tp 52, 56, 60
YES Carolyne putter

haha that had to be awful.

I've got a playing partner like that. He's gotta walk up & down the tree line, disapearing into the woods for a while, taking all day to look for a ball. Also, he can't pass by a body of water without grabbing his ball retriever and walking the shore looking for golf balls.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I got paired with a guy once who hit it like 5 times off every tee, then had to scramble around to find his balls that were scattered all over the place. He would stand up to the ball, hit it to the right (not a slice, just straight to the right) everytime. Put another ball down, do the same exact thing, and repeat. You'd think he'd change something to try and hit it differently, but he didn't. Just the same swing, same address, and the same result everytime. I left after nine. I couldn't take it anymore.

I am a golf newb by all accounts, but I have one peav that erks me, playing with people or before/after people who arent sure what ball there playing with. I dont mark my initials on my balls, I will be next time out though, but I always know what brand and model along with the number.
For example, last round I hit a shot and pulled it left, it went in shallow and could have come out the other side of the wooded jog onto the fairway, but wasnt sure so i hit a provisional. The second ball was dam perfect so I stuck with it. In the meanwhile my playing partner hit a slice to the next fairway which the local league was on so it was 20 mins before he could get to it. There was only 1 twosome behind us so we let em play through. The first guy hit one left into the woods, then another, then another. I went to find my first ball, which i did, by then the other guy was down there and I said "titleist 3" which i knew I was playing that day, he said "yup not sure what number, but I'll take it". None of his ever had a chance to begin flight over the fairway let alone go in and out of the woods, but I shut my mouth and let him play it. I ended up getting it back 3 holes later when he hit about 30 tee shots and left them all but the one he actually played.

09 Burner driver
3-pw Dci 962 irons
54-11 gw
Backstryke 2 Ball putter

I got paired with a guy once who hit it like 5 times off every tee, then had to scramble around to find his balls that were scattered all over the place. He would stand up to the ball, hit it to the right (not a slice, just straight to the right) everytime. Put another ball down, do the same exact thing, and repeat. You'd think he'd change something to try and hit it differently, but he didn't. Just the same swing, same address, and the same result everytime. I left after nine. I couldn't take it anymore.

This is a good point. The last time I played, the kid I got paired with would inevitably play a second ball if he didn't care for his first shot. It did not matter where he was or how decent the first shot had been, if he didn't like it he played another. It got old quick because all throughout he complained of how his striking wasn't as good today. If he could have putt he would have had a good round, but he blamed his approach shots. I kind of forgot about it when I posted earlier because part way through the round he stopped doing it (thanks to one of his 2nd shots hitting the roof of the cart ahead of us)

i played with this guy i was paired up with last weekend and he would constantly be talking no matter whether you were playing or not and was trying to 'coach' me, also he was slow (he would have a practice swing and then stand posed looking forward for a good 10 seconds), so yeah he's the worst ive had so far

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Thought of another: The Waggler

hey, i'd kill to have played a round with Sergio Garcia!

Driver: Cleveland Classic 270, 10.5*
Fairway Woods: Adams Speedline LP (3 & 5)
Hybrids: Wilson Staff Fybrids 21*, 24*, UST V2 stiff
Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour, 5-PW, Rifle Project-X (flighted) 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland CG15 DSG 52* & 58* +/- 56* Niblick

Putter: Yes! Amy

I can't stand the know it all.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

My father and I drove to Farmington, NM to play Pinion Hills (a favorite of ours) from Phoenix on a 4 round golf trip last year. We were paired with 2 doctors. One was really nice, not a great golfer, 24ish handicap, but decent, respectful and not slow. The other guy looked like Groucho Marx (no idea the spelling). He was better, 16ish handicap, but never introduced himself, never payed attention to course ettiquite or anything and worst of all he took an obviously personal phone call and proceeded to talk while I had an eagle AND birdie putt. I was pissed and so was my dad. We holed out on 18 and shook the other guys hand and asked where his buddy went. He said "oh he's an a**hole. He walked to his car while you 2 were putting."

Another guy a couple months ago thought he was better then he was and would keep picking up my ball to see if it was his despite if I said it was mine. I drove a 340 yard par 4 with a stiff tail wind and hard pan fairway but was still stoked. He insisted my ball 30 feet from the pin was his. I paid attention to the exact spot he putted from. After he hit his first putt I showed him my ball in my pocket marked with the same blue dot on either side of the number and thanks for ruining my round, just to make my point. He was better after that.

OG Hoofer bag
Titleist 905R 9.5°, Grapite Design YS-6+ (S)
Callaway Warbird 4 wood, Grafalloy ProLaunch 65S
Ping ISI-s: JZ Cushin Regular flex, white dot
Titleist Vokey Design 54° "AW", Cleveland 588 60° "LW", Ping IWI Craz-E

Home Course: Falcon Dunes, Luke AFB, AZ

How about the "denier"????

Golfers who aren't that good and should know they aren't that good but will throw fits and clubs thinking they should be doing a lot better during a particular round.

"SOB, I just can't drive today". "SOB, I just can't putt today". "SOB, I just can't hit my irons well today".

No buddy. You NEVER could drive, putt, or hit irons well. Go work on it. In the future, relax, enjoy yourself, and take it in stride. BTW, thanks for ruining my round as well by acting like an idiot because you (wrongly) think you should be doing better.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

I have a regular playing partner at my club who is very slow walking to his ball, slow to get a club and slow to hit it , takes forever on the green and then when he's playing bad, tells us to hurry up and hit on the tee- "it's your honor"
You might ask why he is a regular playing partner- he's a mate I've known for 30 yrs.......

It's happened many times where I've played with someone who's normal drive is a 220 yard slice but when they get to a par five they wait for the green to clear from 260 out.

I figured I'd save one of the better ones for now:

I was playing at Mauna Kea on the Big Island once as part of a corporate golf outing. If you haven't seen the course, it's one of those places with lush green fairways surrounded by black lava rocks, right on the ocean, with lots of elevation changes.

My playing partner was a 60 year-old guy I'd never met before and he started out driving the cart.

His first order of business (ominous foreshadowing) was to drive the cart directly across the driving range landing area while a battery of players were firing away at us. After I got done yelling at him he pulled us to safety.

Then we tackled an uphill Par 5 straight into a 45 mile per hour wind which I actually played very well to make 8. He took at least a dozen shots and then wrote 6 on the card, while magnanimously telling the other two players in our group to "Go ahead and take a 7 since it's so windy".

But the best part was when we got to the top of a hill and he wasn't paying attention, lost control of the cart, catching the left front wheel on a curb and causing the cart to make a sudden violent turn left, jump over the curb and head straight down a steep hill. The feeling was identical to being in a roller coaster just at the crest of hill before it takes a steep plunge at 60 mph, except in this case we are headed straight down into a hill of jagged lava rocks.

Panicked, I dive out of the cart and watch as he careens down the hill for 20 seconds and plows directly into a dead tree with jagged limbs, one of which goes directly through the back of the seat I had been sitting in seconds earlier.

I thought to myself "wow, that was close" and then noticed that blood as shooting straight up out of my leg like a little fountain.

I was eventually hauled back to the clubhouse on a stretcher, and spent the rest of my vacation with a giant bandage on my leg.

I figured I'd save one of the better ones for now:

pfft, thats nothing, he was just making your holiday memorable :)

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Note: This thread is 4502 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!