IGNORED

Best ball for 77-81 mph swing

Note: This thread is 5047 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

any cheap ball for sub 80mph
AKA noodle whatever it is for it
Wilson, nike etc etc etc
not gonna notice a diff at that price range just get anything that's cheap

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
9.5 09 Burner with prolaunch red
Nickent 4dx driver
Taylormade Z tp 52, 56, 60
YES Carolyne putter

any cheap ball for sub 80mph

That's not true at all. There is a big difference in the feel of a lot of <$20 balls. That's kinda why they all got different ratings and scores on the Golf Digest article....

I meant with the major brands
Srixon softest, noodles, etc etc etc
Obviously not something like a slazengerblalbabal or something else like that

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
9.5 09 Burner with prolaunch red
Nickent 4dx driver
Taylormade Z tp 52, 56, 60
YES Carolyne putter

I'm not sure, I can tell a huge difference between the Noodle Easy Distance as opposed to a Pinnacle, Srixon soft feel, or a V2 Gamer.

The Noodle is the best feeling $20 ball I've ever hit...

But to each his own, it may not work for everybody...

• Administrator
If you get 77 mph with a 5 iron.you should get much more than 81mph with a driver. Are yous sure the readings were accurate?

Yeah, I thought the same thing. How are your 5I and driver swings only a few MPH different?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My 6 iron swing was 82 mph on average of 5 swings on the mizuno shaft optimizer, I went on a launch monitor yesterday with a driver and my swing speed average was 98mph out of 4 swings. Thats a pretty big difference but Im not sure if I trust that shaft optimizer.

AD333 is probably the best ball for you, and one of the best balls made in its price range. High Short Iron Spin and Medium Driver spin....not many other balls have these characteristics.

If you get 77 mph with a 5 iron.you should get much more than 81mph with a driver. Are yous sure the readings were accurate?

Not sure to be honest. At Golf Galaxy the head speed on a driver was usually 79-81 using the golf simulator there. The iron which looked like a 3iron they had setup with the Mizuno swing analyzer said 77-78 everytime. Which do you think would be more accurate ?

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

AD333 is probably the best ball for you, and one of the best balls made in its price range. High Short Iron Spin and Medium Driver spin....not many other balls have these characteristics.

Except for all the other balls that rated higher than it on Golf Digests hot list....

Not sure to be honest. At Golf Galaxy the head speed on a driver was usually 79-81 using the golf simulator there. The iron which looked like a 3iron they had setup with the Mizuno swing analyzer said 77-78 everytime.

Been playing golf for 25 years and never saw a reason to have my clubhead speed checked out.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Been playing golf for 25 years and never saw a reason to have my clubhead speed checked out.

You're probably right...for my level (usually low to mid 90's) I am definately probably over thinking the matter. But about a year ago, I switched to graphite shafts knowing that I swung slower and I saw about a 10 yard increase per club club over my prior steel shaft clubs. So the technology helped me. I just figured if there was a ball designed for slower swing speeds to help increase length and spin rates why not play it. Right now I don't think I generate enough spin with my swing to even use a high dollar ball like a ProV1. I've hit em and seen no difference.

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

Except for all the other balls that rated higher than it on Golf Digests hot list....

Are you completely obsessed with that article or what??? It isnt the end all be all of golf ball selection.......

Are you completely obsessed with that article or what??? It isnt the end all be all of golf ball selection.......

Wait....Wha.....but it's Golf Digest!!!

I'd take a different approach to this and find out which ball you like most around the greens. That's where you take most of your shots and the area where you can save the most strokes.

As many experts say, start with how a ball performs around the greens and work your way back to the tee.

TW

I have a swing of 85 -90 and use 3 different balls. Sirxon AD333 , Titleist DT SoLo or Bridgestone e6 . all my clubs are Reg. shaft. With my age and Handicap of 6.0 I,m not changing nothing.

In My Cart Bag R 5 XL Driver Rescue Mid #3-19* 3,7 F50 Fairway Woods CG 4 , 4-PW irons all Reg Flex. MP-T 56* 60* wedges Anser G2 Putter. AD333. DT SoLo Balls ..

I have a swing speed of about 90 MPH and for years I've been hearing that Pro V1's are for players with higher swing speeds. You can sell that one to the tourists as far as I'm concerned. I've been hitting them for about 9 years now and when I first started playing with them I immediately noticed that I was getting more distance than the DT series balls I had been using before with no loss in control and only a slight loss of feel (the Pro V1's feel a little harder to me). They're a little tricky on the greens but I've learned to deal with that.
My Implements of Destruction (carried in a Hoofer Lite bag):

DRIVER: Big Bertha Diablo 10 degree draw, Aldila regular flex
FAIRWAY WOODS: G2 14 degree 3 wood & 17 degree 5 wood
IRONS: S59 3-PWWEDGES: M/B 54, 58, & 60 degree PUTTER: I Series Anser 4 (or G5i Anser, Anser 2F, or original...

I'd take a different approach to this and find out which ball you like most around the greens. That's where you take most of your shots and the area where you can save the most strokes.

I have to agree with this. I found I liked the Nike Power Distance Softs for the short game and picked up a gross for $100 on ebay. For the 14 (at most) shots I'm hitting driver, I can't generate long distances (180-265) with my slow swing speed so as long as I can get over forced carries from the tee I'm happy (for now).

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

Note: This thread is 5047 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!