• Announcements

• iacas

GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Contest   09/22/2016

Join our GAME GOLF Ryder Cup Challenge to win an autographed GAME GOLF, a Pebble Steel watch, and many more great prizes!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
erock9174

Best ball for 77-81 mph swing

35 posts in this topic

Tested my swing speed at golf galaxy yesterday and came up with 80-81mph with driver and 77-78 with irons.

Golf Digest did a ball test and they were really impressed with the Noodle Easy Distance for swing speeds under 85mph. I have yet to try this ball. Are there any other balls out there that would be good for me to try ?

Currently using TF Gamer V2's and Srixon AD333's. Also have some Bridgestone e5's in the bag.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

if you can set aside a little pride, you can also go for women's balls. I've ofte heard that for people who slower swing speed, you can benefit from using a women's ball.

Tested my swing speed at golf galaxy yesterday and came up with 80-81mph with driver and 77-78 with irons.

Something very low compression.

Not necessarily these . . . but low.

Wilson Staff has a soft compression ball..I think its called Fifty Elite. I have also heard the Bridgestone Treosoft is fairly decent

FYI, I can get it up to 85-90mph but everything goes haywire, lol
also I play with very flexy graphite shafts so swinging hard just makes it worse for me.

I played with an elder guy once, who actually recommended ladies balls. He was using Taylor Mades ladies that day.
I could care less what i hit. I just want the performance.

You might want to have someone check your club shaft(s) as well to make sure it is right for you swing speed.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

FYI, I can get it up to 85-90mph but everything goes haywire, lol

A friend told me the Precept Laddie was originally a "Precept Lady" but so many senior men played it they changed the name?

Try the Noodle+ Easy Distance. They are the best $15 dollar ball on the market, BY FAR. And they were just introduced this season so no one really knows about them.

They are well worth it. My Pro's dad who has been a PGA professional for almost 60 years started using them after hitting a few of mine.

They cannot be beat for the price....

For $15 a dozen what do you have to lose?

If you get 77 mph with a 5 iron.you should get much more than 81mph with a driver. Are yous sure the readings were accurate?

Volvik Crystals are nice low compressiom b alls.The Precept MC Lady is good,too. It was this ball that started the low compression ball phase. Men discovered them and were buying them like crazy,but of c ourse,some were too proud,that's when they came out with low compression men's balls. The Wilson 50 is just trhat 50 comp.

My swing speed is 81 with the six iron and mid to high 90s with the Driver. I think the driver number for you is off. I use the Titleist NXT Tour and really like it.

TopFlite D2-Strait, Feel, or Distance. At $1/ball you could probably try them all out.

If you are looking for a tour style soft ball, the Bridgestone 330RX. If you want a cheaper one just about any 2 layer ball will work, but try the Top Flite Gamer. THE ONLY bad thing I have heard about it is poor durability, but at your swing speed you won't be shredding many covers.

I'm telling you, try the Noodle. there is a reason it was Golf Digest highest rated ball.

Just try the NOODLE!!!

I don't swing much faster then you and I love the Nike Karma (old version).
It is by far the softest feeling ball I have ever hit.
Haven't hit the new version but the old ones are dirt cheap.
http://www.lostgolfballs.com/Nike-Ka...category_id/96

P.S. just saw this if you wanna try out different balls. Pretty good idea from Lostgolfballs.com
http://www.lostgolfballs.com/Premium...category_id/78

Id say noodle or nike mojo 20 for a double dozen and there an amazing golf ball