IGNORED

Golf Quiz!!!

PuttPutt
Note: This thread is 5051 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Silly quiz really, as a lot of the questions does not have a definitive answer. Some questions was also poorly composed, which could be read in different ways.

Agreed. I got 9 and 11 wrong because I didn't really understand what they wanted lol.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

The quiz needs some improvement. I only missed #3 and #12, I didn't know there was established etiquette for settling bets.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

What if you are betting for dinner or drinks?......Especially when playing for a round of beverages is quite common. "I don't want your stinkin' BEER, GIMME my FIVE BUX!!!!"

i disagree with # 5, replacing divots. honestly, they dont grow back. i think people draging their feet on the greens are more of an issue. i mean, its important aesthetically to put the divot back just so we dont have to look at the dirt that we just exposed, but its not going to grow back because the roots have been severed.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The quiz needs some improvement. I only missed #3 and #12, I didn't know there was established etiquette for settling bets.

There isn't. That's why the quiz is bogus. Most of the questions are simply based on personal preference and have nothing to do with golf ettiquette.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

i disagree with # 5, replacing divots. honestly, they dont grow back. i think people draging their feet on the greens are more of an issue. i mean, its important aesthetically to put the divot back just so we dont have to look at the dirt that we just exposed, but its not going to grow back because the roots have been severed.

It depends on the grass to some degree, but if it's the kind where there's a big chunk that you can replace, putting it back at least fills in the big hole in the fairway until the area can be properly treated. Much better to find yourself sitting on top of a loose divot than in a hole an inch below the neighboring turf. Plus, I presume if the courses didn't think your replacing them was worthwhile, they wouldn't have big signs all over asking you to replace divots...

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

It depends on the grass to some degree, but if it's the kind where there's a big chunk that you can replace, putting it back at least fills in the big hole in the fairway until the area can be properly treated. Much better to find yourself sitting on top of a loose divot than in a hole an inch below the neighboring turf. Plus, I presume if the courses didn't think your replacing them was worthwhile, they wouldn't have big signs all over asking you to replace divots...

The course that i have caddied at a few times this year actually instructs people not to replace their divots. We as caddies had to carry around divot repair mix in a Gatorade bottle and just fill the divots. They claim they don't grow back, but I have no idea which is true.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

i missed 3 questions ...

no. 9 about how long is too long to wait and i put 1 min, correct answer 45 sec

no. 11 about carrying balls with you I always believe you should only carry 1. That way some fool cant drop it and then walk back by and do the ole " hey i found my ball "

no 12 about a bet... drinks and food imo over cash
...Practice Can Never Make Perfect... Practice Makes Improvement...
 bettinardi.gif
taylormade.gifadidas.gif

The course that i have caddied at a few times this year actually instructs people not to replace their divots. We as caddies had to carry around divot repair mix in a Gatorade bottle and just fill the divots. They claim they don't grow back, but I have no idea which is true.

yeah, this would be the best option. really, some of the trolls at my course just do not know how to walk on a green, shuffling their feet and scraping the hell out of them. misanthropes...

Colin P.

A course I once played had grass seed in containers on the cart and in little buckets on the teeing grounds that we were suppoed to fill our divots with. The fairway grass on that course was very short and easy to tear up, but I suspect part of it was due to us playing early morning while the ground was still wet.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

I scored 82%. Could have been better but I passed!!

In myM9 bag
09 Burner 10.5* Stiff flex
Burner 19* 3 hybrid (Stiff Flex)
Burner 22* 4 hybrid (Stiff Flex)
G10 irons 4-PW(white dot) steel shaft (Stiff Flex)Oil can 52* wedge Spin milled 56* & 60* wedgesHalf Craz- E B belly putter SG 3.5golf balls

The quiz was compiled by someone with very little knowledge about golf.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

• Administrator
I got them all right except for the one about how many balls you should have with you.

The quiz is stupid, though. Several of the questions are worded poorly or have a poor selection of answers. The one I missed is dumb - why should I always have two? Why not six? Or 10? Every ball in my bag is marked...

Some answers I got right but still don't think it's a perfect answer. Dumb quiz.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I got the flag tending one (I said player farthest from hole, don't know why I said that, the real answer was closest to hole) wrong and the "first rule of etiquette" one wrong, which is dumb because there is no ranking system for etiquette.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 5051 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!