IGNORED

I think I have a problem. Equipment related.

Note: This thread is 5042 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

there are two things that I always get suckered into buying: drivers and Scotty Camerons.

WITB:

Fast 10 10.5* Driver  |  adams.gif Fast 10 15* 3 Wood  |  adams.gif Idea V3 19* Hybrid  |  titleist.gif 710 AP1 4-GW  |    55* and 60* Wedges  |  Lajosi KLP7J Putter

there are two things that I always get suckered into buying: drivers and Scotty Camerons.

You need to pick cheaper things to get suckered into...like tees or something.

I am a club-a-holic, but not in the usual way. I don't buy the latest toys - instead I buy new versions of the same old clubs with every conceivable shaft variant until I find one that works perfectly for 3 holes, then results in a high hook on the 4th hole, then I begin the the process all over again.

I told a lie with my first post, I actully LOVE putters :) I have about 4 fully custom made putters, 3 scottys, a "YES" putter and would like a nike method putter. I do have 1 putter that I always putt with, but I just love putters :) Does not matter what I putt with anyways I usually Avg 29 Putts per round :D

I JUST LOVE PUTTERS!!!!

Driver: 909D3 8.5* Diamana White Board X
3 Wood: MP 630 15* GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH RED X
Hybrid: 909H 19* "Real" VooDoo X
3 - P: MP-68 KBS Tour Black Nickel X
56* 10 Wedge Vr60* 06 Wedge: VrPutter: Custom Made.Golf Ball: TOUR B330SI am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was....

I'm probably going to go out and hit the Taylormade R9 460cc. If I don't like it I'll probably buy something else. Bonus in getting the R9 is they hit you with a sweet $75 gift card which will likely be reinvested in something else I don't completely and totally need.

I'm justifying cheating on my current driver with a new one by saying the Draw face is really hindering me after taking lessons to correct my swing. I'll prolly trade her in either way and I'm getting excited just thinking about it =)

In the Sasquatch Bag:

Driver: R9 460cc 9.5°
Hybrids: Big Bertha Diablo 21° 24°Wedges: SV Tour 52° 56° 60°Irons: Power Max TRX Ion Control 5-PWPutter: tm100 Tour PreferredBall: e6

I'm probably going to go out and hit the Taylormade R9 460cc. If I don't like it I'll probably buy something else. Bonus in getting the R9 is they hit you with a sweet $75 gift card which will likely be reinvested in something else I don't completely and totally need.

You could just clock your diablo open and save a few hundred bux!

Driver: Ping g15 axivcore black stiff
3 wood: Cobra s9-1 f speed
Hybrids: 20* adams speedline classic round and 24*v1 peanut
Irons: Ping I5 5-pw
Wedges : cg14 50*,54* spin milled 58*Putter: Cameron newport detour

You could just clock your diablo open and save a few hundred bux!

Naw the R9 is def worth it.

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

I suck at golf but I'm good at spending money on golf. It's the only part of this game I excel at! Fortunately my other vice of tightwaddedness battles my extreme desire to buy pretty new clubs that won't make me a better golfer so I've managed to not spend TOO much yet.

This sounds about right... Though I keep a collection of all change that I have throughout a year (or more; depending on the upgrade) and use that to fuel my addiction. It's less harmful to my mental image of my wallet (hey, change doesn't go there!) and still helps me get my "fix"

I WAS buying, selling & trading clubs basically for the hell of it.

But i just sold my gamer irons, wedges, driver & extras off. I kept my bag, putter, 3wd 3h & an old set of irons.

I feel clean now. Must be how people who attend church feel.

I will admit I am a looker...but not a buyer. My irons are 13 or 14 years old and I still hit them awesome. I guess the main reason is I hit everything in my bag very well and am comfortable with them. Kind of like an old pair of shoes. If I buy a new club...it is going to take some time to get used to it and hit it well. I think that most people do not take enough time with the clubs they buy to hit them well and they go ahead and sell them thinking they do not work well for them.

titleist.gif Titleist 910 D3 - Project X 6.0 7C3 Shaft  |  adams.gif Adams XTD Super Hybrid - 15 degrees  
adams.gif Adams Idea Pro A12 Hybrid - 18 degrees 
Adams CB2 - KBS Tour Shafts - 4 - PW
vokey.gif Vokey 54.10 Oil Can  |  vokey.gif Vokey 60.07 Oil Can  |  rife.gif Rife Trinidad - SuperStroke

I will admit I am a looker...but not a buyer.

Those are some serious hand-me-downs!

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

I am a golf clubaholic..........I know, because my wife said so!

I also have a small collection of shipping boxes for clubs that I have won on ebay. I ship them to my office so she won't know.

I figure there are a lot of "worse" things out there I could be doing but don't.

My cousin has a serious Cocaine habit, a few grand a month, and it destroyed his whole life. So everytime my wife complains about money spent on golf, I say "It could be worse, I could have gotten addicted to Cocaine instead"

It doesn't help, but it makes me feel better about the money spent.

I enjoy looking as well, but I have yet to pull off a "major" purchase. Biggest one so far is a new bag, which I really didn't need, but is oh so cool.

But my question to you guys is HOW DO YOU CHOOSE? All the clubs are so shiny and new, and I'm sure would all really help my game!

Like going to the dance with all the pretty girls...which one do you pick?

Ping K15 12* | Ping K15 4h | Callaway Razr X HL Irons 5 - AW | Cleveland 54* and 58* wedges | Odyssey White Hot Tour Rossie | Bushnell Neo GPS | Nike M9 Cart Bag

I could quit buying equipment any time I want.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I'm in the same boat, can't help myself if I see a godd deal. Just yesterday, won an auction on Ebay for a Callaway Hyper X Tour driver with Blueboard 83g Xstiff....couldn't help myself when I bid $61 and won the thing. Ever since I got my shaft puller, I'll pick up clubs I'm not really interested in just because they have a shaft I can use...or vice versa depending on what I have available. It's a sickness.

Driver: i15 8* UST Axivcore Red 69S
3w: CB1 15* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum 75s
5w: G10 18.5* UST V2 HL
3h: HiFli CLK 20* UST V2 Hybrid
4h: 3DX 23* UST V2 Hybrid5i-pw: MX-23 TT Dynalite Gold S300GW/SW: RAC 52*and 56*Putter: SabertoothBag: KingPin

Note: This thread is 5042 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!