IGNORED

best golf courses played

Rezgolf
Note: This thread is 3385 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Leek I played red sky ranch the week before last lovely course have played it and if so how does cc of the rockies compare

Never played it. CC of The Rockies is a Nicklaus signature course that is very private. It's links style, very long and challenging. It rewards good shots, penalizes bad ones. You need to master the long shots to play well. You are in the middle of the Rocky Mountains and the views are unbelievable.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

we are members of a Jack Signature course in Canton, OH (glenmoor) that is also strictly private. It plays about the same. Wide open fairways to reward the straight and long player, but tons of obsticles and rough with the thickness of a toothbrush. The greens are lightning fast and hard. I have yet to play a decent round there all year.

In The Huffer:

Driver: Superquad 10.5* Aldila NV-S Shaft
3w: 975 F
Hybrid: 22 Degree Baffler Multimetal3-PW: LCG Burner IronsSW: 56 Degree 588 GunmetalPutter: DfX No 2Balls: ALWAYS NXT Tour #3's, or NXT Extreme #3'sHome Course: Glenmoor Country Club: Jack Nicklaus Signature Course. 7015...

1. Shinnecock Hills (Long Island, NY)
2. Bethpage Black (Long Island, NY)

Im playing the Black this Tuesday coming up, cant wait.
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

I'd be up for playing again next year, sure. I hope the sign is still there.

I was there this year and am almost positive the sign was there, Im playing there Tuesday morning and Ill check on it.

Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

Man, i would love to play on some of the courses ya'll have been on. The nicest I've been to around here is The Bluffs in St. Francisville, LA. Its an Arnold Palmer course built on extremely hilly land. The 17th Par 3, about 200 yards, is the signature hole. The tee box is a good 100 feet above the green. Here is South louisiana, we don't have many hills, so this is a very attractive course for us.
I'm only at 13 clubs in the bag, what do you reccomend as a 14th? My foot wedge?

In the bag:
Driver - HiBore XL 10.5* Reg. Flex Fit- on Fuji GoldWoods - Tightlies GT2: 3 wood 15* & 5 wood 19* Surpass 7 wood 24*Irons - Eye 2 4-PW & a cheesey 1 iron blade I use for punch...

In the states, troon north in Scottsdale is gorgeous, as well as Gold Canyon. In Hawaii (Maui), Kapalua Plantation is the neatest course ever. An everlasting ocean view on every hole. But, I really wasn't impressed with Hawaii. Spend your money in Arizona, Scottsdale mainly. Hawaii is just way way overpriced. $500 for a threesome!!!!!!! Use your money right, go to Scottsdale.
What's In My 2006 r7 Stand Bag...

r7 XR Japan 10.5
200 Series 3 Wood
Burner Rescue 3 rac HT 4-PW rac fe2o3 56*,60* Rossa Daytona 1 Sport hat w/ Adidas Apparel

I have had the privilege of putting my crap game on public display at some swanky courses:

1. Robert Trent Jones Golf Club in Gainesville, VA. Only round ever played with caddy. Like playing on clouds. Host course for (I think) four President's Cup matches.

2. Hartefeld National (DE).

3. Bay Creek (VA). They call it the Pebble Beach of the east coast, and having walked Pebble, its a stretchy claim, but the water holes at BC absolutely rate as the most impressive of all the course I have played.

4. Barefoot Love. Didn't think it was THAT impressive, but it was quite nice.

5. Cherokee Country Club (Roswell, GA). Superior condition, this club rates nicer than RTJ in my book, and the course I played (South, I believe), equally conditioned, but not as "big."

6. Golden Horseshoe Gold Course (VA). Across the street from where I went to college, but I only took up golf after graduation, regrettably.

7. Two Rivers GC at Governor's Land (VA). Private club with gorgeous water holes and very friendly layout, top conditioning.

8. Kingsmill River Course. Former PGA Tour stop, and current LPGA Tour stop. Impeccable.

9. Rising Sun (North East, MD). Sweetness for a public daily fee course. Ownership truly prizes the full golf experience. Have them set up a crab feast after your round. WOW!

10. Tidewater Golf Club (Myrtle Beach, SC)

Heaven is 630 a.m. Saturday morning, 65 crisp degrees headed toward a comfortable 80, first tee (elevated, of course) . . . and not another worry in the world.

Driver: r7 quad/10.5 degree, stiff shaft
3W: Steelhead III, stiff shaft
7W: r5, stiff shaftIrons (2-SW): ISI K/Black dot, stiff shaft,...

I played TPC Sugarloaf yesterday, probably the best one I've ever played. Service was soo nice... I love the looks of the bunkers, but hate to land in them. First time I ever go to a course good enough for them to have balls set up in pyramids in the range. hehe

In my Essex Stand Bag:
3 Wood: F/Speed - Aldila S Graphite Shaft
Hybrid: Halo 3i 22° - R Graphite Shaft
Wedges: Glass Bead - Lob Wedge - 60°Putter: Tour Collection MX400 (LOVE IT!)Ball: HX-Tour 56 - Pro-V1XHome Courses: Stone Mountain Golf Course (73.5/134)

The famous links of royal portrush! tough as hell!

hoping to get on royal county down some day this year!

In My Bag:

Driver: Burner Driver 9.5 (UST Proforce V2 Stiff 76g)
3 Wood: Rescue TP 14.5* (Stock 75g Stiff)
2 Iron: G10 Hybrid (Ust Proforce V2 85g High Launch Stiff)Irons: X- Forged (Rifle 6.0 Shafts)Wedges: 248.06, 252.08, SM56.10, SM60.04Putter: 9 XG Ball: TP BlackBag: Ozone Stand...

• 2 weeks later...
I recently played the Old and New courses at St.Andrews. Enough said they are why we play.
I also had the opportunity to play a course in Dufftown Scotland. I was there to visit the Glenfiddich distillery and there is this course one mile out of town that boast of having the highest golf hole in Scotland. So I had to play. Be forwarned, no power carts, you walk, pull carts okay. It is a trek and the course was in marvelous shape. The view from the number nine tee box is spectacular and you will appreciate the strenenous climb and challenging holes on your way up. What you will appreciate even more is the number ten tee box. At least a three hundred foot drop in elevation.I could have stood there and hit a bucket of balls into space on this par four.

There's only one pub in town and if you like Scotch, workers from the local distilleries(there are nine)can give you a lesson. My Bed and Breakfast was two blocks away so the walk was easy.

I would probably rate Prairie Dunes as number 1 that I've played. I've had the opportunity to play it numerous times, and it's always a treat. But the TPC at Sawgrass was a blast to play, as well. Then Oak Tree would probably be up toward the top.
play4him

Driver: Titleist 905R
3-Wood: Titleist 904F
Hybrid: Titleist 585 19 DegreeIrons: TitleistWedges (PW,Gap,SW,Lob): TitleistPutter: Bettinardi C04

The best course I've played is probably The Wellington Course at Wynyard, Co. Durham.

It had previously hosted a Seve Ballesteros event.
In my bag

Superstrong 12*
- Firepower Hyper Ti 15*
- Launcher 18* Hybrid - 21* Hybrid - S2 Max 5i - SW - MP T-Series 47* - 60* LW - White Hot XG #1

Spyglass, Bandon Dunes, Hillside (next to Royal Birkdale) and Bethpage Black,

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The best course that I have ever played is Seminole in North Palm Beach. It is a Donald Ross classic that is on the Atlantic which means there is always an ocean breeze to contend with. There is plenty of trouble with water and some huge bunkers. The finishing stretch is amazing. I have played it three times. In the tournament that I played the greens were double cut and rolled and were a 12 on the stimp meter. It was like putting on the garage floor. The place is immaculate and unfortunately extremely exclusive.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Rad Tour 16* | Tour Edge 19* | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Odyssey 2 Ball Blade | Vice Pro Plus  

my top three are:
The Homestead - upper cascades (Sam Snead's home course) (Hot Springs, VA)
True Blue Plantation (Pawley's Island, SC)
The Reserve (Pawley's Island, SC)
What's In My Bag:

907D2 9.5° UST PROFORCE V2 75-S
PT 906F2 15° UST PROFORCE V2 FAIRWAY 75-S
PT 585.H 19° Aldila NV Hybrid 85-SMP-32 (3-P) True Temper DG R300Vokey Design SM58.08 & SM54.14 True Temper DG S200Studio Stainless Newport 2 34" 340GPRO V1x Classics Tour Style #51602Pinseeker 1500...

I would probably rate Prairie Dunes as number 1 that I've played. I've had the opportunity to play it numerous times, and it's always a treat. But the TPC at Sawgrass was a blast to play, as well. Then Oak Tree would probably be up toward the top.

I've never played at Prairie Dunes but it looked quite challenging when the Senior Open was there last year. The best courses I've played in Kansas are Colbert Hills in Manhattan and Sand Creek Station in Newton.

WITB:

Driver: HiBore XL 10.5° Fit-On M Gold Fujikura Stiff
Fairway Woods: Big Bertha 3W Fujikura Stiff
FW-Hybrid: Insight XTD 5w 18° Aldila DVS StiffHybrid: Idea Pro 3i 20° Aldila VS Proto Blue By You StiffIrons: Big Bertha 4-PWWedges: CG10 50.08 GW, CG10 56.16 SWPutter: White...

• 2 weeks later...
I just got home from Alaska and shot at Moose Run. It has two courses hill side and creek side, recommend the creek side thats the one we played. We actually had to wait for a black bear to cross the second green kinda scary at first but neat. The course itself was in great shape but its only open a couple months a year, so I'm told, so plan accordingly if you go.

I live in Alaska, and I have played just about every course here. Moose Run Creek Couse is great. It was named to the Top 50 Hardest Courses in America. If you ever find yourself here in Alaska, I would reccomend both courses at

Moose Run , Eagleglen , Anchorage Golf Course , or if you are in Wasilla, Settler's Bay Golf Course

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

Kapalua Plantation in HI. The Rio Secco and former Desert Inn courses in NV were nice too.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Note: This thread is 3385 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!