IGNORED

Pet Peeves

AceDunk
Note: This thread is 3928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yeah I understand where you're coming from here but thats never been a problem for me. My phone is on silent and if I do get a call I simply ignore it. I cant turn my phone off just in case my wife has an emergency or needs to contact me asap. I cant be unreachable for 4 hours especially with a 1 year old at home that loves to climb stairs.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Well you do have to spend $200-$400 for the actual device right? Why bother if my iPhone app works for me just fine? I'd rather spend that money on something else golf related.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Originally Posted by mikelegacy

Yeah, certain apps do continue when the screen is off, but the golfshot app does not. Luckily, the course I play most has a strong cell signal so it's normally only 5 seconds to recalculate or so. I'm not crazy about distances so I look real quick and pick a club. the app has satellite maps but I rarely use those unlessi am at a new course or am stuck in another fairway or something

If you follow the recommended method from Golfshot and click the red lock instead of locking the phone, the GPS will stay active but the screen will turn off. If you lock the phone using the lock button on top, it will disable GPS requiring a bit longer to narrow down your location when you unlock the phone.

Originally Posted by Wadess

If you follow the recommended method from Golfshot and click the red lock instead of locking the phone, the GPS will stay active but the screen will turn off. If you lock the phone using the lock button on top, it will disable GPS requiring a bit longer to narrow down your location when you unlock the phone.

This Is true. I personally just press the button on top most of the time but I keep my gps on and probably only use it 15 times during a round. Anything inside of 60 is a "feel" shot for me and anything longer than 300 is a driver unless I can see a bunker or water in play.

Sidenote: Even when I use it to track clubs with my iphone 4 golfshot maybe takes 20 percent of my battery.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Originally Posted by RonTheSavage

Well you do have to spend $200-$400 for the actual device right? Why bother if my iPhone app works for me just fine? I'd rather spend that money on something else golf related.

Technically the cell phone can be considered illegal because of its other functions while the GPS cant. $200-$400 is well worth not having my phone useless until I get into the car.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by meenman

Technically the cell phone can be considered illegal because of its other functions while the GPS cant. $200-$400 is well worth not having my phone useless until I get into the car.

A cell phone IS illegal in competition play, but I play for fun, and im not about to spend $300 on a golf GPS or rangefinder when I could get the new set of Nike VR Split Cavity 2010 model Irons I have been eyeing for $299.

ALSO, you could spend $30 on another phone battery and voila, no more dead phone.

Originally Posted by mikelegacy

A cell phone IS illegal in competition play, but I play for fun, and im not about to spend $300 on a golf GPS or rangefinder when I could get the new set of Nike VR Split Cavity 2010 model Irons I have been eyeing for $299.

ALSO, you could spend $30 on another phone battery and voila, no more dead phone.

New pet peeve - people that think it is still real golf when you do not play by the rules ;)

Follow me on twitter

Dude kick me off the course for having a cell phone lol marshall.

Real golf lol. You must be a blast at parties.

HiBore XLS 9.5* Driver

AMP 15* SF 3 Wood

R11 3 and 4 hybrid

AP1 712 5-GW

52* Gap Wedge

SV 56* Wedge

SV 60* Wedge

35" Melbourne Putter

Hex Black Tour

Here are a few that have more to do with the course itself as opposed to our fellow golfers:

• Aerated greens - Dear pro shop: please inform me that the greens have recently been aerated when I call to book a tee time.
  • Misaligned tee markers - Dear grounds crew: please don't have the tee markers aimed directly into the woods on the right. This game is hard enough as it is!
  • Sprinkler heads with no yardage - Less of an issue now with GPS / Rangefinders, but still. The worst is seeing a sprinkler head from 10 yards away, walking up to it hoping to find some yardage, only to find it says nothing!!!!
  • Rake stinginess - Massive bunkers with only one rake....
  • Practice greens with no cups, just the mini-flags with the "bumper" at the bottom.....seriously? Is it too much to ask for some reel effing cups? I need to see the ball go in the hole at least once before I tee off!!
  • "Pebblely" sand - I should carry an extra "beater" wedge in my bag for this...nothing worse than getting in a trap with a bunch of rocks / large pebbles and having them put a nice little pock-mark on the face/bounce of my club

Rant over.......for now.....

• Upvote 1

In the bag:

TaylorMade R11 Driver (10.5 stiff stock shaft)

TaylorMade R11 3wood (15 degree stiff stock shaft)

Adams IdeaPro 3i hybrid (20 degree)

Titleist DCI 4-PW (photo)

Cleveland CG15 wedges (52, 56, 60)

Odyssey White-Hot 2-Ball (Superstroke oversize grip)

Bushnell Tour V2 Rangefinder

Ping Hoofer 2012 Bag

New pet peeve! The other day, I was playing in a foursome (walking). We were slightly delayed on every tee waiting for the group infront of us (riding), no big deal. We get to the 8th tee box and of course see their carts in the fairway. But wait.... three carts? Yep the beverage cart was sitting in the middle of the fairway selling beer! Shouldn't they be instructed to only sell beverages on the tee box or something?

Originally Posted by reedf

New pet peeve! The other day, I was playing in a foursome (walking). We were slightly delayed on every tee waiting for the group infront of us (riding), no big deal. We get to the 8th tee box and of course see their carts in the fairway. But wait.... three carts? Yep the beverage cart was sitting in the middle of the fairway selling beer! Shouldn't they be instructed to only sell beverages on the tee box or something?

I think they should only stop and ask on tee boxes, but who knows they could have flagged her down.  The worst are the cart girls that don't know what they are doing and pop their brake or speed off when you group is hitting.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

I think they should only stop and ask on tee boxes, but who knows they could have flagged her down.  The worst are the cart girls that don't know what they are doing and pop their brake or speed off when you group is hitting.

It's faster if they stop as they see the golfer, especially on a par 3, the girl can get stuck at the green forever if she doesnt move along. I'd rather run into her on the fairway as we are waiting then on the tee box holding someone else up. We get our drinks and proceed to hit as she takes care of the guys in the other cart.

Follow me on twitter

I wish that I could buy another battery.  The Motorola Droid Razr doesn't have a replaceable battery.  I used the Golf Logix app for the first time a couple of days ago, playing alone, following the battery life instructions, didn't use it for anything but yardage to the middle of the green, and was still on 0%battery by the 15th hole.

A little pet peeve I have but kind of just laugh at is when my friends ask me, "was that a par 3?" Dude you pulled out your driver. I just always laugh and tell them to recall their shots and take a guess. If you had to hit 2 woods to get to the green it may be a par 5. If you used a driver and an iron it was a par 4

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Originally Posted by Jimdangles

A little pet peeve I have but kind of just laugh at is when my friends ask me, "was that a par 3?" Dude you pulled out your driver. I just always laugh and tell them to recall their shots and take a guess. If you had to hit 2 woods to get to the green it may be a par 5. If you used a driver and an iron it was a par 4

One thing I always get a chuckle at, is the dude with the full on golf towel hanging out of his back pocket.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane 9.5*
3W:  Callaway GBB II 12.5*, 5W:  Callaway Diablo 18* Neutral
3H:  Callaway Razr X, 4H:  Callaway Razr X
5-PW:  Callaway X Tour
GW:  Callaway X Tour 54*, SW:  Callaway X Tour 58*
Putter:  Callaway ITrax, Scotty Cameron Studio Design 2, Ping Anser 4

http://i.imgur.com/G5c4D.gif

safe, just a funny gif [golf pet peeve]

• Upvote 1

What's In My  Stand Bag

Driver:  FT-iZ 9*

Hybrids: C3 3,4,5

Irons: C3 6-GW

Wedges: C3 58*/8 and 54*/12

Putter:  blade

Ball: Gamer V2

http://cdn.thesandtrap.com/0/0d/150x50px-LL-0d81d772_tst_award_kickstarter_otm.png

Note: This thread is 3928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!