IGNORED

Pet Peeves

AceDunk
Note: This thread is 3928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by ApocG10

There is no reason for an rc to be on private property, a golf course is not a gravel piut. He had no right to be there, and has absolutely no recourse. You can believe anything you want, but you could nott make him pay for that, video or not.

He could even be accused of harrassing the guys on the green, video does not show how long this kids antics went on.  Laws are whacky. Though I would nbever support one that made that guy pay for that rc car. If you showed up at my door looking for cash, you'd be laughed at and have the door slammed in your face.

Not trying to be offensive. Just trying to get you to understand that the rc owner has zero recourse.

I don't know. So in other words, if I'm playing with my RC in an area where you don't like it, you have the right to destroy it? (note: I don't own and RC..just saying)

I get your point about the kid not having any right to be out there, but the recourse was wrong. You can't destroy other people's property just cuz you don't like it.

It may be interchangeable for most,  but for some reason I always end up in a "Bunker"  and not a "Sand Trap"   I just prefer to call them Bunkers,  whether they be grass, sand, "Waste" bunkers, etc.

It may be interchangeable for most,  but for some reason I always end up in a "Bunker"  and not a "Sand Trap"   I just prefer to call them Bunkers,  whether they be grass, sand, "Waste" bunkers, etc.

Ditto

In The Bag: - Patience - Persistence - Perseverance - Platitudes

Originally Posted by Fore Left

The term is bunker. I don't believe 'sand trap' is in the rules of golf.

Maybe Erik should change the name of this site.

Originally Posted by zipazoid

The term is bunker. I don't believe 'sand trap' is in the rules of golf.

I don't know how 'trap' entered the golfing lexicon, but like so many things, slang words/vernacular first become tolerated, then accepted as true synonyms. It's sad that we let our language continue to be butchered...it's a pet peeve of mine.

Originally Posted by ApocG10

There is no reason for an rc to be on private property, a golf course is not a gravel piut. He had no right to be there, and has absolutely no recourse. You can believe anything you want, but you could nott make him pay for that, video or not.

He could even be accused of harrassing the guys on the green, video does not show how long this kids antics went on.  Laws are whacky. Though I would nbever support one that made that guy pay for that rc car. If you showed up at my door looking for cash, you'd be laughed at and have the door slammed in your face.

Not trying to be offensive. Just trying to get you to understand that the rc owner has zero recourse.

Hmm....the fact that the RC was on private property would have little bearing on a court's decision to make dude pay for the RC - he would definitely have to pay for the RC. In our society, the right thing to do would have been to call the police. The RC owner has legal recourse.

If a neighbor's friend drove their car onto your lawn and proceeded to spin doughnuts, you can't grab a club and start bashing their car with it. I might think it was funny if you did and that dude got what he deserved, but you'd be paying for the damages to the car, just as he'd be paying for damages to your lawn.

EDIT: I'll take it a step further and say that the car in your lawn was a full sized, real car with no people inside (full scale RC). If you aren't protecting yourself from physical harm, in most cases you can't vigilante it up.

As for the RC car, it was wrong to destroy it. I might have done the same thing though.

I think the smart thing to do would have been to confiscate it and tell the punks that they can reclaim it at the Pro shop.

Let the club then take action for trespassing.

I played with an official poser today.  In a golfnow two-man scramble event, one of the other players my twosome was grouped with took the most picturesque practice swings you'll ever see.  Several of them.  He was probably the slowest player I've played with.  He had on all the latest gear and some Titleist clubs.  I figured he was good.  He hits his first drive about 75 yards.

Next tee, same thing.  Now I figure he sucks.  His partner carried him for the first 3 holes.  Then, off the fourth tee, he hits his 2nd tee shot OB and throws his club.  At first I thought it may have slipped.  But then in the 5th fairway, he lost another ball OB.  He actually yelled and cursed at himself and then threw his club backwards about 10-12 yards.

So not only was he bad, and thought he was awesome, but he was slow as hell.  I swore the round would never end.  He took forever on the greens.  The triple-whammy.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by Pa Pa Jack

As for the RC car, it was wrong to destroy it. I might have done the same thing though.

I think the smart thing to do would have been to confiscate it and tell the punks that they can reclaim it at the Pro shop.

Let the club then take action for trespassing.

Heck no! That RC was begging to be trashed.

I find it funny that the kids with the RC were looking to get a reaction from the golfers by messing with their golf game. Notice how the RC was manouvered to move the ball on the green. Well they got a reaction just not the one they wanted.

Most of us learned early in life not to mess with strangers.

• 6 months later...

Trail fees!  I can't stand paying to drive my own cart.  Worse is courses that charge a walking fee.  So you either pay a walking fee, a trail fee or a fee to drive their cart.  Why not just add that to the price of the green fee instead of breaking it out separatly?  At some courses, even if you are a member, you have to pay a trail fee if you don't use thier cart.  Some courses will rent you a shed and the trail fee is included.  That seems fair to me.

Occam's razor

Originally Posted by CraiginKSA

Trail fees!  I can't stand paying to drive my own cart.  Worse is courses that charge a walking fee.  So you either pay a walking fee, a trail fee or a fee to drive their cart.  Why not just add that to the price of the green fee instead of breaking it out separatly?  At some courses, even if you are a member, you have to pay a trail fee if you don't use thier cart.  Some courses will rent you a shed and the trail fee is included.  That seems fair to me.

What a ripoff.  I wonder if they do this in the US, because I hadn't heard of a trail fee until this post.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

At my country club my friend gets charged a trail fee for bringing his own cart. But what is annoying to me is that if I sit in his cart, the country club charges me a cart fee to ride with him. If anyone should get the cart fee it is him for having my fat butt ruining his passenger seat.

Originally Posted by bplewis24

What a ripoff.  I wonder if they do this in the US, because I hadn't heard of a trail fee until this post.

It is done at every club I know - at our club I believe the trail fee is $150/month. It is $250/month if you store your cart at the club.

Honestly, with the trail fees, these guys get their moneys worth - playing 20-25 rounds a month (I know one guy that plays 2 rounds a day)

The club has to get some revenue from from these people, otherwise the you would have a full course with no way to grow business.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by meenman

It is done at every club I know - at our club I believe the trail fee is $150/month. It is $250/month if you store your cart at the club.

Honestly, with the trail fees, these guys get their moneys worth - playing 20-25 rounds a month (I know one guy that plays 2 rounds a day)

The club has to get some revenue from from these people, otherwise the you would have a full course with no way to grow business.

That seems pretty steep.  I've never paid a trail fee, but my father-in-law's club charges I think $500/year.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3928 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!