IGNORED

Contacts vs Glasses= Better ball striking?

Cussin hacker

I recently switched to Contacts after 35+ years of glasses. Noticed right off that I was striking the ball a bit better with my new contacts. Seems with contacts I get a fuller view of everything. Anyone else have a similar experience switching from one to another.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

I recently switched to Contacts after 35+ years of glasses. Noticed right off that I was striking the ball a bit better with my new contacts. Seems with contacts I get a fuller view of everything. Anyone else have a similar experience switching from one to another.

If you keep your head still it doesn't really matter. If your head moves, I could see why contacts would be better. I played last year in contacts. This year glasses. No difference for me.

I have been wearing contacts for a long time because of a crooked nose I acquired in HS makes it difficult to wear glasses and contacts are cheaper than plastic surgeons. I do feel I see better with contacts, how that translates to better play is probably an individual thing. I think in my case I feel like I can see putt lines better.

Butch

I prefer contacts to glasses. In fact glasses make me dizzy because I use my peripherals all the time and with glasses only your vision directly in front of you in enhanced.

It was an easy decision for me. No more sweat dripping on my lenses, no more glasses sliding down my nose. Plus contacts don't leave red dents on my nose. Contacts all the way for me.

Driver -G10 10 1/2*
F/W - G10 3
Hybrid - G10 21*
Irons - G10 4-U
Wedges -: 54* 60*putter - anser 2 BeCu

Perception of depth is different between the two. You'll notice this if you switch between them frequently. If it were me, and I chose either, I'd be consistent and stick with the choice. Contacts are great, but they get dry, so I'd put them on as close as possible to tee off time.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've worn glasses a few times while playing, didn't like it.

I don't use either when I play now.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

• Administrator
Contacts and glasses wearer here. I see no difference, frankly. I prefer contacts just because it's easier to switch from "sunglasses" when outside to "no sunglasses" when inside than it is to switch glasses from normal to tinted.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I wear contacts when playing exclusively and 99% of the time when I'm off the course too.

I don't wear glasses enough to be really comfortable in them and I hate how I lose peripheral vision. Between that and the loss of depth perception I don't even try to play in them. Glasses also tend to make my set up posture a bit worse since I have to look more directly at the ball instead of keeping my head up, etc.

I play with both... I don't strike the ball better, but I certainly putt better when wearing contacts and sunglassess... it seems like there is a little more "definition" to the putting surface.

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

I prefer contacts, but I can't wear them for more than a couple hours at most, so I wear glasses. I looked into laser eye surgery, but they didn't recommend it for my eyes - bummer.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

If your optometrist/opthamologist does ortho-k i would suggest you have a look at it. It is when you wear rigid contacts at night so you can see perfectly during the day. in my case, i could read the bottom line of an eye chart with each eye. however i started developing tiny legions on the outside of my eye, because as we found out later I am allergic to the plastic used in the contact.

Now I either use daily use contacts with sunglasses(polarised) or my prescription sunglasses which work great on sunny days. I found glasses put me off as my peripheral vision was off putting.

EDIT: I also suggested that I would get LASIK when i am early 20's but I soon got put off by many people such as Tiger, Kenny perry, Peter Lonard and many others having issues with it, and having it re done. Poor Kenny Perry has done it a few times I think and his eyes are stuffed

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

It was an easy decision for me. No more sweat dripping on my lenses, no more glasses sliding down my nose. Plus contacts don't leave red dents on my nose. Contacts all the way for me.

So instead the sweat drips into your eyes. I hated that playing hockey in my contacts. To combat the slipping they make staps that will hold them in place. Or get good fitting glasses. I would probably wear my contacts more if I wore soft lenses. At $400 for a pair of gas perms, it isn't worth it for me to only use them for golf.

I've worn glasses for about 35 years now and about 10 years ago I went to progressive bifocals. I can play a round of golf wearing glasses but it's pretty difficult because when I'm looking at the ball I tend to look through the bottom (reading) portion of the lens which blurs my vision. I've never worn contacts because my optometrist doesn't think they'd work well for me. As a general rule I prefer to play without glasses, but it's a real bitch to read the scorecard. My ball striking is the same with glasses as it is without, so I'd be hard pressed to believe that contact lenses would make a difference.
My Implements of Destruction (carried in a Hoofer Lite bag):

DRIVER: Big Bertha Diablo 10 degree draw, Aldila regular flex
FAIRWAY WOODS: G2 14 degree 3 wood & 17 degree 5 wood
IRONS: S59 3-PWWEDGES: M/B 54, 58, & 60 degree PUTTER: I Series Anser 4 (or G5i Anser, Anser 2F, or original...

I wear glasses to find my contacts. If windy the contacts can dry and cause problems. Have astigmatism and cannot read greens with glasses. I don't read them very well with contacts but better than glasses. I tried no line bifocals once and cannot understand how anyone can play with these.

Taylormade Driver HT
Taylormade 3 HT

Mcgregor 7w
Vulcan irons 5-P
Solus 53 61

Vokey 56

Scotty Caneron Flange/ Ping Cushin

Srixon ZStar

71 gold tees

bring cash

If you keep your head still it doesn't really matter. If your head moves, I could see why contacts would be better. I played last year in contacts. This year glasses. No difference for me.

Thought I'd see a difference, but I haven't.

I wear both as well but leaning towards my glasses alot more. Plus the transitions do help during sunny days. Contacts have been great but I tend to get dry quicker with contacts and it would start bothering me constantly. My glasses also have the tendency to get dirty from debris shooting up from bunker shots to large divots on the ground.

Whats in the Four 5?

Burner 10.5 Stiff
Burner 3W
CPR 22/26 HybridsG5 5-PW Black Dot +2 Vokey Sm OilCanSV Tour 60* Black FinishBarbadosPro-V1 recycled

I was wearing one contact for close up in one eye and one for distance in the other eye. That really got old since I only had good vision in one eye at the time and I couldn't follow the ball after about 150 yds. I changed to both distance contacts and just use reading glasses when at work, in front of the computer. I tried glasses once and could deal with the sliding down the nose or looking over them for certain objects. Contacts for me. When I get done with a round, I get back home and take them out for the rest of the day. They do seem to get dry on the course.

In my bag:
Driver X460 TOUR OPTIFIT 10.5* Graphite
FW 3W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 13* Graphite
FW 5W BIG BERTHA DIABLO 18* Graphite
Irons X-22 IRONS 5 - PW & SW GraphitePutter Odyssey Dual Force Rossie IIUnder my bag: 2007 EZGO ~ Customized